“Good hotel and great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dalat Plaza Hotel

Dalat Plaza Hotel
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Da Lat
Darwin
“Good hotel and great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. On check in we were upgraded to a superior room on the 5th floor which wasn't overlooking the main road and therefore very quiet at night. Counter staff were efficient and spoke good English. My only 2 gripes about the hotel was the wifi hardly worked during the time of our stay and the Artichoke tea at breakfast was too much for me and I find Vietnamese coffee too strong. A Lipton teabag would have made me happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Sunnyvale, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

One word, run. We booked 3 nights at this hotel and deeply regret it. First, they booked a hotel car at 2.5x (500k vnd vs 200k) price local taxi (and deliberately lied to us that transportation was hard to find.) Second, when we booked they weren't clear on the fact that the winter package upgrade (extra 100k/night totaled 1.1M/night) was only for a single covered dinner (you can get a dinner for 2 around 200k easily.) Third, staff told us they booked a tour guide that never show up, when asked they said we cancelled and didn't even bother to apologize. Room were nice, but make sure they change the sheets before you stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Da Lat hotels

singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

not a 5-star hotel but clean and decent enough. good location. would recommend.

my partner and i stayed in this hotel for three nights leading into NY eve. the check-in staff could speak english relatively well, and were friendly and quite efficient. rooms were clean and spacious, and the hot water system worked very well. asked for more bottles of water and they sent them up promptly (our request was rejected at a more upscale resort in another part of vietnam). they didn't give us hand or floor towels but they were only sent up on our second night.
we requested a room on a high floor and arranged via email to have our room upgraded to one with a lake view (extra 5usd per night), even reminding the staff via email a few days before check in- unfortunately, while we were granted one on the sixth floor (the highest level i believe) they were out of lake view rooms. no biggie as they didn't charge us the extra, just a little annoying as they had promised several times that they had reserved one for us.
breakfast was pretty good, though staff were slow to top-up food when it runs low, and towards the end of breakfast hours, they may run out of the more popular items. i enjoyed the various types of soup they had each day, though we sometimes had to scoop the dregs. the breads here were delicious.
as no air-cons are installed (due to the cool climate), we had to sleep with the window open. it was noisy outside with traffic and roosters crowing, but using ear plugs solved the problem easily.

Room Tip: ask for room on high floor. bring ear plugs if light sleeper.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Zejtun, Malta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed Best Westen Dalat this November. The hotel is very clean with all basic amnesties available. The hotel is also very close to the centre with walking distance to the lake, market, Crazy house and Bao Dai summer residence. Breakfast is also good, with a variety of choices. The only thing that frustrated us was that in the early morning the fire alarm was triggered every day.

Issaquah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Fortunately it was affilliated with Best Western so it had to meet certain standards otherwise it might have really been bad. I had a great view of the park and the city which was nice except without any a/c in cool Dalat the noise of the street below was a problem. Service was ok. Breakfast lacked creativity. Would someone tell me why we are in the heart of fresh fruit and vegetable growing and the breakfast offered very limited fruit? Nobody in Vietnam knows how to cook bacon correctly i swear. Location is very well situated. really enjoyed Dalat.

Room Tip: get a deluxe or superior
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

the location is nice ,very small rooms brekfast dont expect full american brekfast but its ok eggs bacon it was nice i eat dinner at the hotel it was good
if you have time book the 1 ay tour it was nice and not expensive 12 usd per person
08 am till 1600pm

Room Tip: i think all the rooms are the same
Ho Chi Minh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at 3 different hotels in Da Lat when I was there for a week, two days at each. I stayed at La Sapinette first which I recommend for the price. I only stayed at Best Western because I missed American food, and I was extremely disappointed. First, the rooms (I changed because the first one was very small, and the room had a type of diamond shape, not square at all) don't have a/c, none in the hotel. Second, the two rooms that I was in had some type of wood floor that smelled like someone spilled brandy on them, it doesn't sound too bad, but it was a very strong smell, and the rooms were not clean at all, the linens looked like they had been used to change the oil on a motorbike last week, and the walls had a lot of dirt marks on them. Third, the breakfast was a huge letdown. The juice "containers" were always at about 10-15% full, and there were a lot of people there, so I felt bad filling up my 6oz cup because I wasn't sure if there would be enough for everyone. The coffee constantly ran out, as everyone was asking for it, the foods were on about the same 10-15% as the drinks, until they ran out, then you had to ask the severely understaffed employees (there were I think 2 or 3 for the entire breakfast of about 30 people) to re-fill them several times before they actually did anything. The omelette lady, although was extremely nice, was horrible at cooking omelettes, she could only cook the eggs, and then put stuff on the side for you. The soup that she made had fish sauce in it (the fish sauce is the sauce that smells like you stuck your finger in your rectum and pulled it back out and sniffed it - well, to most Americans anyway). I tried to buy some small bottles of alcohol to take with us (the "mini-bar" things they have in the rooms) and I ended up buying a few, but 9 out of the 10 they tried to sell me had a broken seal, in which they tried to explain that it happened when they put them into the freezer.... I wasn't aware that freezing paper or plastic could cause the top of the seal to turn 90 degrees in a different direction than the bottom of the seal, but they were dead set on that explanation, so I refused to buy. The only thing that I was happy with at this hotel was the garage, since it was very big, and the guard was friendly. Summary- avoid this hotel if there are any other options in the world, I stayed at a homestay for the remaining 3 days I was there, and I was very happy with it, especially for half the price of the "best western".