“Never order coffee”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The customers there are mostly Japanese, the cook is Japanese, so I guess the food must be somehow authentic. But on the drink menu the choices are very limited, if you don't drink alcohol you only have around 6 things to choose from and most of them can be purchased from supermarket. I ordered coffee and it was a shot of some dark brown syrup that I wouldn't call coffee. I didn't find anything that whetted my appetite, and it is a lot more expensive than most decent restaurant in Vietnam. Not a pleasant dinner.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Pleasant surprise, recommended by our hotel owners. Freshest Japanese food we've tasted in a long time!! Managed by Japanese cooks who really know how to prepare sashimi, yakitori, etc. A bit of hot sake on a chilly evening in Dalat hits the spot.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have just left Restaurant Ichi and had to write a review straight away because I found it that nice! It's a very comfy and small place and the atmosphere is great. All the local Japanese were sat chatting and drinking sake. The food did take a little bit longer than usual (as has been said on the other comments). This wasn't a problem at all as the restaurant was so comfy and chilled out. The chef came out with a free portion of sushi too apologize for the wait. Even if he hadn't have done this, it still wouldn't have been a problem waiting.
The sushi was amazing. I had the Teriyaki Salmon as my main. This is one of the nicest salmon dishes I have ever had. My boyfriend got the Eel on rice which he also found very tasty.
The staff were extremely friendly from when we arrived until we left. I would recommend Restaurant Ichi to every coming to Dalat.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The food was good - we were very surprised to find good Japanese food in Da Lat. The waitresses were lovely and very attentive. The owner was very friendly and took note of the band t-shirt that my partner was wearing and surprised us by playing the band's music. Had a lovely chat with him.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Recommended by a friend who had been here last year. Pleasant find!! Two Japanese chefs run the place - amazing sashimi, yakitori, and what a way to end a day in Dalat - Hot Sake! All the food was awesome, no kidding. Cool japanese music playing in the background. Only negative - would be nice if they soundproofed the place so you don't hear the neighboring karaoke etc... (A constant issue when travelling in Japan). Service a bit on the slow side but gives you more time to drink sake.