“Great value, Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Phuong Hanh Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Da Lat
Phuong Hanh Hotel
Ranked #97 of 261 Da Lat B&B and Inns
Bali, Indonesia
“Great value, Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Our bus stopped here and we were initially very skeptical to stay. We saw the room, nice, spacious and well priced, and decided we will give it a shot. What's the catch though? We quickly found out this place had all we need. Motorcycle rentals for a good price, bus tickets, tours etc. Good prices, easy people, great location, no complaints.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

In a central location with a single room (double bed) for $10 for the night, this hotel is good value for money. The rooms are clean, nicely furnished and nicely decorated and the staff greet you with a smile. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are a bit noisy ifrom the lobby area if you like a lie in or a daytime nap. Not a...
Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Saigon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

This review is actually about the other Phuong Hanh Hotel, located on Hai Phuong Street, up a hill, a bit outside of the city center.
There, I paid $6/night for a big room with wide windows. The mattress was quite uncomfortable and the hotel noisy (from the lobby) but the worst was the unfriendly staff ... I never saw the owner smiling during my 4-day stay... They are also too much willing to sell their overcharged package tours or bus tickets.
Because of the price and the size of the room, it's worth to stay there (hot water working well, internet also etc.) if you ignore the staff. It's not that far from the city center (maybe 10-15min walk)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I think most of the reviews here seem to be about phuong hanh 2, which is closer to the centre. We stayed at phuong hanh which is up the hill opposite the hospital.

When we arrived we walked into phuong hanh 2 and decided we wanted a cheaper room, so were given a lift up the road to phuong hanh.

The room we had was $7US with 2 double beds. We spent one night in one bed and then changed over the next night due to uncomfy mattress.

On the first night the hot water was boiling, but when we really needed it on the second it was freezing cold, so we spent a while that evening trying to warm up - not so easy in the cooler air around Dalat. Bathrooms clean enough, nothing special.

Big windows on rooms so let's lots of natural light in which is nice.

WIFI connection was ok, if you want wifi in your room they place you towards the front of the building. Managed to get one of the pc's in the lobby to work aswell. When in the lobby one evening a young child in the family (3ish) was being hit/punished for some reason or other. We understand this is their family home but it made us feel incredibly uncomfortable as this is not something that would be accepted at home.

Overall good room for the price we paid. We didn't do any trips or tours with them so can't comment on this. The girl did tell us it was better to cycle to datalana waterfall than catch a bus as it would be quick. It might be quick on the way but its 6km uphill on the way back - so don't take their advice on this one!

• Stayed November 2012
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I'm a little baffled by the negative reviews of this good hotel. I stayed here in 2010 and again this year and was more than satisfied both times. My room this time was on the third floor, with a balcony and windows on two sides, letting in a lot of light. The bed was comfortable. The room was impeccable and, in addition to the bed had a bedside talbe, an armoire, a table with two upholstered chairs, a small fridge, a TV and a small dresser. The bathroom was spotless and featured a bathtub. Staff were pleasant and helpful. After a bit of negotiation I paid $14/night, which I thought was an excellent deal. Four computers down in the lobby and wifi on my own computer worked well.in my room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I had a very good experience at Phuong Hanh. I stayed here because my bus dropped me off in front of the hotel so figured I would see a room, and for $10/night it is a great value. My room has 2 double beds, a fridge, cable tv, clean bathroom, table and chairs and a balcony with extras like toothbrushes, slippers and a phone. Also the location is very central. The only complaint is that somehow the lobby actually magnifies the noise from outside so it is very, very loud in the lobby and it was up in my room on the second floor as well (echoing up from the lobby). It was not bad at night, but early in the morning it was distruptive. I was concerned from other reviews about theft so told them I didnt need my room cleaned and did not have any issues. In fact, I was very impressed with the service as they went above and beyond to help me when I left my jacket on the bus (I assume they have some sort of affiliation since the bus dropped us at their hotel). They called and found it, and one of the guys went on his motorbike to the bus station to get it for me. They asked for 20,000 dong (less than $1) for this which I think is very reasonable to cover gas and such. If they had not asked for 20,000 dong i would have tipped them much more for their help. When checking out, the lady was obviously tragically bad at math as she first undercharged me, then overcharged me, and onward until I had to do the math for her and then she had trouble figuring out change as well. Definitely do not think she was trying to rip me off she was just really bad at math and should have a calculator. I had laundry done and it was fine, no problems except they didnt get a tea stain out of my scarf. Booked an onward bus ticket to Nha Trang for 120,000 with them as well. Overall, fantastic value for money at this hotel, especially if you have 2-4 people in your group.

Room Tip: If you dont mind the stairs, perhaps one on a higher floor would be quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Quebec, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Yes the hotel is very cheap, 12$ for 3, but the staff was very agressive and impolite with us. They told us that we could use the dvd player without any extra fee and when we asked for it she wanted us to pay extra and yelled at us because we did not want to pay the extra since at the begining it was suppose to be include. Also the hotel is very old, when we sat on our bed, the bed broke....

Room Tip: If you are really on a tight budget and have to stay here because it is probably the cheapest, barga...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends