“You rather pay a few more bucks for much better”
Review of Phuong Hanh Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Da Lat
Phuong Hanh Hotel
Ranked #115 of 358 Da Lat B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Yes the hotel is very cheap, 12$ for 3, but the staff was very agressive and impolite with us. They told us that we could use the dvd player without any extra fee and when we asked for it she wanted us to pay extra and yelled at us because we did not want to pay the extra since at the begining it was suppose to be include. Also the hotel is very old, when we sat on our bed, the bed broke....

Room Tip: If you are really on a tight budget and have to stay here because it is probably the cheapest, barga...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alexandra R

Reviewed May 29, 2012

The room was nice, comfortable with a good view and a good price ($12). But the older woman that ran the place was dishonest. We bought a bus ticket back to Nha Trang through them (on a nice, big air-conditioned bus). The day of our bus, they knocked on our door very early in the morning and said our regular bus had a "problem" and that we had to take another bus. That's fine, but they ended up throwing us on a completely packed mini-bus with no A/C and charged us the same price, 120,000 dong (we had already paid). We saw people coming on the bus that were paying 25,000 dong. Total ripoff. Also, another of the ladies on staff tried to sell us a train ticket that was 50% higher price than the normal price. So yeah, it's a good place for the rooms, but be careful with the staff, especially if you book transportation or tours through them. Honestly, I prefer to give my money to people that aren't looking to rip me off. There are plenty of nice, affordable hotels in Dalat.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geraldine L
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed here in April and upon leaving I realised I had left my back up purse with some documents, money and two usb keys with all our photos on in the room. We phoned the hotel the same day to ask if they had found them and our motorbike driver spoke to them, however they were very unhelpful, saying I should check my bag. I have emailed and contacted them a number of times since, all I would like back is the usb sticks which cannot be replaced. Receptionist brushes off my queries saying she has checked with house keeping, but they have definately been kept by some member of staff. Very disappointed as recommended in Lonely planet with reference to helpful staff.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank rosie m
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Positives:
Motorbike hire was great.
Massive room for the price.
Large windows, good fridge.

Negatives:
Tried to overcharge us. Very good motorbike hire. Not very helpful. High pressure sale for tours.
WiFi was really bad. It was slow, the password they gave us would not work.
Bathroom flooded everyday, they would not fix it.
Rooms were not serviced, we had to ask for toilet paper and towels.
Staff were pushy about booking their tours.
Staff woke us up late at night to deliver our washing which could have waited till morning.
They lost some of our clothes.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 980Jim980
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Following the Lonely Planet recommendation to this hotel, I decided to give it a try and as it turns out, I highly recommend it! The rooms are very clean and spacious with cable TV and a great view of the city. The bathroom had a huge bathtub/spa! The service was very good, they speak good English and they were very friendly offering tours and advice around Dalat. They have a tour desk down at the reception offering great tours. (I went on the country side one) There is wifi throughout the hotel, and also a few computers down at the reception area. The price was great, pretty cheap if you ask me.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the front of the hotel, there's a great view and also on the first few floors...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2012

It is a nice hotel in the city, it takes only a few minutes to the centre of the city. The room is quite cheap compared to other hotels, they have many beautiful rooms and the best of all the you can use the computer for free! In the hotel you can book a ticket for tour and exchange money. Everything you need , they have it . It is the best hotel i ever been to in vietnam.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank hien g
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We needed the cheapest hotel-hostel in the center of Dalat. Cheap rooms, cheap motor bikes, close to market.We stick to that place because it was $7 per double an 10 min walk (3 vmin by bike) to market.
Minuses - they don't clean rooms, also towels.
We had problems with hot water - especially evenings.
They had only 1 electricity plug in the room.
They made a bit higher prise on TET.
But if you want make some coffee or tea - they will give you a pot full of hot drinking water.
And the owners are friendly, helpful.
I would recomend - if you are short in money and ok with not luxurious conditions.

Room Tip: Choose the corner ones - 2 big windows on 2 walls.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple