“Worth visiting DaLat just for this.”
Review of Phat Tire Ventures

Canyoning Tour Including Datanla Falls Rappelling from Dalat
$39.00*
Northern Dalat Mountain Biking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Phat Tire Ventures Vietnam is the longest running adventure sports outfitter in Vietnam specializing in mountain biking, white water rafting, trekking, rock climbing and canyoning. We have offices in both Dalat and Hoi An.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Worth visiting DaLat just for this.”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We weren't planing on stoping in DaLat and hadn't even heard canyoning until a few days before. Other travellers recommended it and we thought we should see what it's all about. Great guides and safe equipment. They took some amazing photos and some really funny ones of our faces! There were 4 guides to a group of 8, which was a perfect ratio. It's was really good to do it as a group as it was good fun luaghing at each other.

10 Thank Kjw05

• Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Meredith, New Hampshire
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Excellent Day Trek”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We are just back from a 17 km trek around Tiger Falls outside Dalat City. It was a most enjoyable day and our guide was excellent, as well as the lunch. Phat Tire is a very professional organization.

Visited November 2012
9 Thank SWNH
Hank
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very nice trip!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Me and a friend booked the mountain bike trip after thinking it over for a couple of hours. The thinking was because the price was for Vietnamese standard a bit expensive. But when doing the trip you will find out it is worthy of the price! The bikes are kept in good condition and when something happen they can repair it on the way! The tour is brilliant with a lot of different terrain with it. The guides spoke both very good English and knew wat the were doing. Also the fact that I wasn't, to fit because the cold I had they still gave you feeling it was working out despite I was falling back numerous of times what is not easy for them and the rest the group( who luckily also were easy going on this point!) only thing I heard from others was that the front guide drove off sometimes to far for them to see him and knowing where to go. I did not have that with the guide at the back who stayed with me the whole time! The lunch they prepared was also very good and the location perfect.

Despite we needed a bit longer for the trip as normaly they kept cool and really gave everybody the time!

Scale 1 to 10 I would give it a solid 8!

Visited November 2012
7 Thank Arie1976
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great rafting trip!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I and a group of friends did the rafting day trip in Dalat. I've lived in Vietnam for over a year so I try never to get too excited about anything as things can be so hit-or-miss...but this trip was a hit! We were picked up at the hotel and dropped off at a point where the road ended. The guide took us on a hike through some nice scenery to the place where we would enter the river. The guides spoke English very well...better than most service employees I've encountered in Saigon. We had a fun adventure down the river, and then hiked back up the mountains to the van. I will say we weren't prepared for the intensity of the trek back up the mountain but we saw some incredible landscapes and survived it. All in all, I'd definitely recommend this tour to others and am thinking about doing one of the other weekend tours with them as well.

Visited October 2012
10 Thank RondaBreezy
Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Phat Tire Ventures- Great family one day adventure!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

With our 8 & 1/2 year old twin children, we had a great day with Phat Tire cycling and rafting from Dalat to Nha Trang. Minh our guide was superb! Pick up was at 7:30am where we and our bags were put in a van and driven almost to the top of a 1700m high mountain. After ensuring the bikes were comfortable for us, we started riding 5 km to the summit. The first 3 km were easy and flat, the last two my kids decided to sit in the back of the support vehicle.It started to get a bit steep. Once on top of the hill and after a few happy snaps, we all rolled down 30km of a good quality road, stopping whenever and wherever we liked. A lightly used road by vehicles, I never felt unsafe for my family.
At the bottom of the hill, we rode for a further 15 km through small villages and rolling hills. Again, some of these hill were a bit tough for the twins, so they elected to jump in the back of the van again.
We completed the ride at a rivers edge, where Minh prepared us a picnic lunch and started to blow up the inflatable rafts. We then floated, rowed and paddled our way down 7 km of a wide river which had Class 2 rapids in it for a bit of adventure. Beautiful!
Our support vehicle picked us up at the end and drove us for the last 30 min into Nha Trang. This day was the highlight of my family holiday. The service was superb, the bikes ('Giant' Brand) were in very good condition and the scenery was superb. Coffee plantations, rice fields, water falls and local villages swept past us.
My children are approx. 140cm tall and I wouldn't want them any smaller than that so that they have full control on the bikes.
It was a great day, the guides very friendly and accommodating and they tailor made the tour to fit in with my requests.

Visited October 2012