“Good hotel”

La Sapinette Hotel Dalat
Ranked #13 of 83 Hotels in Da Lat
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The hotel was clean and quite luxurous. For the price this is a very good and nice hotel (a bit out of the centre - which was no problem for us). If you are looking for a cosy and charming place, however, you should look elswhere. I would sure recommend this hotel.

1  Thank SaartjeUtrecht
There are newer reviews for La Sapinette Hotel Dalat

Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed 13 night on Jan- 2012. We had wonderful time. The Hotel was extremely clean and spacios, the staff were vey friendly, polite, and helpful. I would strongly recommend this hotel. We'll come back and stay at La Sapniette again.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vanl8
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Of two months travelling around the world, this was one of the best rooms we had for the money we paid. We were upgraded to a junior suite that was large, clean, well decorated and had a lovely view. The hotel was too far to walk into town and this is the only reason they don't get an excellent rating. Dalat was cool, quiet and relaxing.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We found this hotel excellent for rooms, room service, laundry, cleanliness, comfort and general care by the charming staff. The location is out of the centre but taxis are always available and cheap. If I had to make any criticism it would be the breakfast but that's probably from a European stand point. We would definitely return to La Sapinette on our return to Dalat.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We were comfortable and happy in this modern, clean and spacious hotel. The reason I say Dalat is a difficult hotel town is because I think it is a less Westernized city than Saigon, Hanoi, Hue, etc - which of course makes it more interesting, and it also caters to many vacationing Vietnamese who have different expectations as to bathroom fixtures, whether there's toilet paper, food, etc. (By the way, if you're female and not yet in Vietnam, it will be helpful to do some research on Vietnamese toilet procedures, and do not leave your hotel without some toilet paper in your purse.) It appeared to me that there were just a few hotels set up for each Americans and Western Europeans, and I think there were other hotels many catering to Russians and Chinese, When I was trying to pick a hotel, it sounded like the Sofitel had seen better days, and the other leading contender had lots of steep stairs and other issues, plus they were a lot more expensive. I tried for weeks to get a room confirmed at the Dreams Hotel but although I got one email back, I never could get a confirmation. So, the specifics about this hotel. First, you don't need to use a booking website, just go on the La Sapinette website, get their email address, and write to them - it will be cheaper, more flexible and you'll get want you want. I had booked 2 nights thru Agoda, and then had to email the hotel anyway, and then I booked an additional two nights directly and it was cheaper. In our email correspondence I learned that I could only get a shower ( as opposed to just a bathtub) if I took a junior suite - which I did - at $80 a night it was not a problem. There is a hot water issue in this hotel! In our first room on the 6th floor, the hot water ran out after 5 minutes. We switched to the 3d floor after testing revealed that it had hot water for 8 minutes. After that we were careful to conserve the hot water during the shower and could comfortably extend it to 15 minutes without running out. Otherwise the room and bathroom were great. The breakfast was included and was fine. When the hotel was more full there was more selection. I think that the hotel is occasionally empty as it was our first night - we arrived late and frankly I was concerned about where I had landed us, as the street seemed dark and industrial. I was wrong. By morning, it was bright and lively, with a large store attached to the hotel, and the next day the hotel filled up, with both independent travelers and a German tour group. Mostly I want to say that the staff is extremely nice and eager to please. If you have trouble getting something from restaurant or housekeeping, just ask the front desk staff. I don't agree with comments about the location as Dalat is a large city and it's attractions are spread out, so I don't see why it would be particularly helpful to stay near the central market. Taxis are plentiful and cheap.

Room Tip: I think hot water on lower floors may last longer. If you want a shower, and not just a bath, ask f...
1  Thank Bbi
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed two nights in this hotel and we were really happy with the standard and service. Only problem was the location a bit far from city centre but since taxis come cheap it was ok. Breakfast was included and fine without being overwhelming.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is a review of two different trips to La Sapinette. My wife and kids and sister in law came during the June/July time frame of 2011 and stayed for four days on our last visit to VN. They had a wonderful time and the staff recognized them and were treated very very well. I had to stay back in the States to work so when I came to Asia this time for business in HK, my wife wanted to go to DaLat for some R&R. We flew in and went straight to La Sappinette again.

On this trip, (Feb 8-15 2012 and I'm still here), the worldwide economic downturn and the after-Tet season has the hotel sparsely reserved. We stay in the executive suite again this time. Since there were not enough guests, the breakfast buffet wasn't offered but you can have your own cook-to-order-as-much-as-you-want-to-eat breakfast. This is fine with us and actually seems more relaxing.

Facility is again top notch for this four-star hotel. The executive suite has 1.5 bathrooms, which means that there is a half bath in one room and a full bath in the other. The bathrooms are fabulous and spotlessly clean. The staff is extremely attentive, and I would say that it has been an improvement since we first came here. Obviously they listened and made improvement.

Still not perfect but you are not paying Four Seasons rate (there is no Four Seasons in VN and even the Four Seasons slip up now and then). On past trips, when we checked in, staff offered drinks. They didn't this time and we waited a bit but a gentle question by myself brought an "oh" and two juice drinks were produced in short order, which helps ease the check-in process. May be drinks are no longer offered during check-in and they were just being polite in offering drinks to our party this time but at any rate, it shows that staff is accommodating and willing to please. I would say there is no attitude..simply "please give us a second and we'll be right back with the drinks." Your experience may differ but we were pleased.

I'm particularly pleased with the workout facility. Brand new equipment and a huge dumb bell rack. Different machines to please most health nuts. No swimming pool but you wouldn't want to swim unless you have a wetsuit (Dalat is known and actually is famous for its cool weather).

We are very pleased with how quiet and relaxing the hotel is. We also do some spot checking of other hotels (Ana Mandara, Sammy, Da Lat Palace, etc.) and still return to La Sapinette. The only other local hotel we may possibly go to in the near future is Dalat Eden by the Lake but it's far out of town and quite a bit more expensive. That would be another Valentine Week trip some other year.

Overall, we still think La Sapinette has the best value and accommodating staff. It's sufficiently away from the noisy central area that it feels like we are on vacation. Nearby market and shop fulfills all our needs and the central area is a short taxi ride or motorbike ride away. Free shuttle from the hotel also helps. It's wonderful returning back to the hotel at the end of the day, far from the ubiquitous "beep beep" of the taxis and motorbikes that clog Vietnam streets. As some other reviewers noted, the bed and bedding and pillows are wonderful and cloud-like.

Free high speed Wi-Fi. Yes! Dining room staff (Thach, the two Nhungs, and reception and cleaning staff all shine and smiles aplenty while they dispense service efficiently).

We like how new the hotel is but again, it's the friendly and efficient staff that kept bringing us back. We are paying 2/3-star US hotel prices for 5-star service and at least 4-5 star rooms so we can hardly complain and we hope management continues to emphasize the value of staff friendliness, eager helpfulness and efficiency (something we think they have done as we have been here four times and have noticed improvement and hope they keep on doing it).

2  Thank Powaycouple