“Vego's Delight and also good for Omni's”
Review of Hoa Sen

Hoa Sen
Ranked #28 of 296 Restaurants in Da Lat
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Vegetarians will shoot their bags here. All good quality fresh ingredients and nice selection of tasty dishes. The Eggplant with Ginger was a hit and the Okra in Pepper were my favorites. The lotus salad was hard work and maybe appreciated more by monks but other salad options looked good. One if the better Vietnamese places I have eaten in 4 years traveling to Vietnam. Decor doesn't rate but you soon get over it. Certainly a safe choice food wise as many places in Dalat are just terrible. One To pit on your list. Note the address is correct but the map location is wrong on TA site.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

We had a nice diner at this place. Apart from us, most customers were Buddhist nuns and I'm sure they know where to get the best vegetarian food..
We can really recommend the sauteed tofu and mushrooms in black pepper sauce. The fried eggplant with gingersauce is a great alternative for the usual spring rolls.
All in all, a great place, also for non-vegetarians who just want a healthy meal (like us). And free tea. The atmosphere is a bit fast-food style, so not the place for a romantic dinner..

Reviewed September 12, 2011

This place is my favorite in Dalat, maybe in all of Vietnam! As a vegetarian, I was thrilled that this place is entirely vegetarian. Everything is fresh. The soups, tofu, vegetables, banh mi (sandwiches) are all amazingly delicious. I ate here for dinner three days in a row, and even got my carnivorous mother to admit all of the food was better here than any of the meat-serving restaurants she'd chosen!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Really delicious vegetarian food. The menu is massive, as is the restaurant. It's easily found in downtown Da Lat and the menu is more interesting and with more variety than most other restaurants in the area. We had 2 drinks, 2 entrees and 2 mains for less than AUD$6! Quite a bargain. I ordered the dumpling as entree, which was more what I would call a steamed bun - quite sweet and not as savoury as I would have liked, but still tasty. The staff didn't speak a lot of english, but we managed. Really delicious food - wish I'd eaten there more than just once!

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Being vegetarians and having been in Vietnam for 2 years, this is by far the best restaurant we have been to! The service was excellent and the food was served fast! And this is the only place we have had our first vegetarian Vietnamese baguette! During our stay from 28-30th July, we had our meals there twice and packed 5 baguettes before leaving Dalat, for our drive back to Vung Tau.