All reviews amazing tour vietnamese culture clean hotel breakfast was delicious great hotel stay there again yogurt dorm room comfortable beds every morning secret minority tours jam hostel highlands taxi
Selected filters
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

We had a room with a double bed and a single to accommodate 3 of us. The hotel is new and in good condition. Mr Rot and his employees were great and very accommodating. Lots of restaurants around and a 10 minute walk to the main area or the lake.

We arrived early in the morning on an overnight sleeper bus from HCMC and the let us use the bathroom to freshen up.

They also run Mr Rot's secret tour which was fantastic and highly recommend.

Would stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2017
15  Thank Birju P
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

This tour was recommended to me and I'm so glad I took heed. So far it has been the highlight of my trip. From eating grasshoppers, visiting a silkworm factory ,a local market and waterfall and having the Vietnamese culture explained to me by Mr Rots cousin who was our entertaining guide for the morning. The secret part of the tour was the highlight of the day. We spent the afternoon intergrating with a minority village. It was a humbling experience. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough and if you're lucky enough you will get to hear Mr Rots incredible voice in the club where he regularly sings.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
13  Thank PerthNenna
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

Super clean hotel, helpful front desk, comes with breakfast.

If you're coming in or departing to airport, get front desk to assist to make arrangement, cost me VND170K per trip. My less fortunate fellow traveler was not so lucky and got rip off VND500K per trip because he decided to self arrange with meter.

Uber and Grab not available in Da Lat.

As for Mr. Rot's Secret Tour, go for it! You will not regret! Best highlight of my trip in Vietnam! Very down to earth and funny guy, both himself and his cousin.

Sorry, no pictures to share.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
17  Thank MelvinJee
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We selected this hotel based on the reviews we had read involving Mr Rot.

The hotel is well located and a short walk from the river and town centre. Rooms are spacious (family suite) and have everything you need to function.

Access to a kitchen down stairs where a basic breakfast is on offer every morning. Mr Rot and his staff are friendly, welcoming and helpful. There is a a lounge area in the reception which us good for meeting other guests and socialising.

I can not recommend the secret tour enough, it was eye opening and informative about the local area. Sadly other than highly recommending the tour I can't tell you anything about it. ' the first rule about Mr rots secret tour is you do not talk about the secret tour'

Make sure you book your excursions through the hotel for the best price, Mr rot also helped us ironing out a issue we had with paying for a trip.

He really is a character.

16  Thank dj_curlywurly
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

The rooms in the hotel are quite new and clean and perfectly okay considering the price. Maybe the hotel is not that “special“ but the staff and especially the owner are making that up. You can book great tours for a good price but make sure you book the secret tour. It really was one of the best tours I had during my trip with such a unique and astonishing experience especially at the end. So see the review not only for the hotel but the complete experience with Mr. Rot.

14  Thank smintario