“2 fun nights”

V Cafe (Restaurant/Bar/Live Music)
Ranked #20 of 303 Restaurants in Da Lat
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: The V Cafe is the home of LIVE MUSIC and great food in the central highlands of Vietnam.The story...Opened in 2002 by long-term Vietnam resident, Dr. Michael Sterling, the V Cafe carries on the tradition of good food and good value, and is now adding a "taste of the blues," as Curtis King and friends light up the V Cafe with their live blues and acoustic music.The menu... A great mix of Western favorites (including some of the best Mexican and tastiest pizzas in Vietnam), a smattering of Asian dishes, including a few Vietnamese all-time favorites (pho, spring rolls, etc.) Vegetarian? You'll enjoy a full selection of Vegetarian dishes, including some great curries. Good selection of local and imported beers and wines. (No MSG added to our food.)We've added a great breakfast menu, and are opening up early for travelers wanting to get an early start before heading out to see Dalat.Nightly live music - acoustic, rock 'n' roll, blues, folk, country, international.Free WIFI.Delivery within Dalat!Smoking section outdoors. Location: The V Cafe is about 200m from the lake (Xuan Huong Lake) up Bui Thi Xuan street. Opening hours: 7:00 a.m. until about 10:30pm (a bit later on weekends and eves of public holidays)
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We had 2 fun nights here and met some good people. While we have been here they have and an oozy duo playing, Peter and Paul. Good blokes and good music. It's a busy little place so you might have to wait for a table, we just sat at the bar and had a few drinks until a table was available. We all enjoyed our meals and the entertainment.

1  Thank Alexandra-hotel M

Reviewed July 20, 2014

During my week in Dalat, this was by far the best restaurant I ate at and I actually ended up eating there three times, twice for dinner and once for lunch. Every meal I had regardless of whether it was Western or Vietnamese was tasty and I especially liked there crème brulee (I had it twice!). My only criticism is that it is a bit of a wait for the food. As I found I had to wait a while each time I was there, I felt that it was worthwhile noting especially as when I was there for lunch there was hardly any one else. From memory, only one other table! Nevertheless, the food was tasty and I felt reasonably priced for the quality.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I decided to take a trip through Vietnam and I wanted to see things that are not in all the tourist trap books and prepacked tours.
I was in Saigon for a few days and all kept hearing was when I was done with the beaches I should head to Dalat I will love it.
One of the places that kept popping up in conversations was V Cafe. After a quick flight from Saigon and a taxi ride I was there. The taxi driver had no problem finding it and helped me with my bags even.
I asked if I could put my bags somewhere safe and the staff offered to lock in the office for me. I sat down and started to watch the live music and before the song was done my order was taken and drinks brought to me.
I was really hungry and I was missing some good old American food from home so when they brought my food out by the 3rd song I was in heaven with the meal.
The owner Curtis had walked to my table and introduced himself and ask how everything was. I had been in Vietnam for 2 weeks and not ! owner of any place I ate had come to me with a greeting or a thank you. When you are far from home these small things rally make a difference. After an hour and a few desserts and drinks I was really surprised the owner Curtis started playing guitar with the local musician and I have to say that he is nothing short of amazing .
I had a great time as well as everyone in the cafe and I wish I able to stay more 2 days.
If you are planning on coming to Vietnam you should definatley put Dalat and V Cafe on your list.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Such a nice overall dining experience here, had such a good evening here. Live Acoustic music was actually really good, not at all annoying like live music at a small restaurant can be. Good atmosphere, low lighting and small place so felt the closest to a pub we've felt, but still a proper restaurant. Service was really good too, waiters all smiled and were prompt, both very rare things in Vietnam! Food itself was fine, not amazing but was such a treat to have mash and veg and gravy for a change! Overall good value, almost pubby atmosphere with nice recognisable food!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Although I went Dalat to get away from it all and relax, which for the main part I did, on my last night I decided to go in search of some action. I found it at V cafe. Excellent live music and the food was great. I had a thoroughly good time. I will definitely come back on my return trip.