“Marvalous!”

V Cafe (Restaurant/Bar/Live Music)
Ranked #19 of 261 Restaurants in Da Lat
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Description: The V Cafe is the home of LIVE MUSIC and great food in the central highlands of Vietnam.The story...Opened in 2002 by long-term Vietnam resident, Dr. Michael Sterling, the V Cafe carries on the tradition of good food and good value, and is now adding a "taste of the blues," as Curtis King and friends light up the V Cafe with their live blues and acoustic music.The menu... A great mix of Western favorites (including some of the best Mexican and tastiest pizzas in Vietnam), a smattering of Asian dishes, including a few Vietnamese all-time favorites (pho, spring rolls, etc.) Vegetarian? You'll enjoy a full selection of Vegetarian dishes, including some great curries. Good selection of local and imported beers and wines. (No MSG added to our food.)We've added a great breakfast menu, and are opening up early for travelers wanting to get an early start before heading out to see Dalat.Nightly live music - acoustic, rock 'n' roll, blues, folk, country, international.Free WIFI.Delivery within Dalat!Smoking section outdoors. Location: The V Cafe is about 200m from the lake (Xuan Huong Lake) up Bui Thi Xuan street. Opening hours: 7:00 a.m. until about 10:30pm (a bit later on weekends and eves of public holidays)
Brussels, Belgium
“Marvalous!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

On my second night in Dalat I had dinner at Vcafe and I can recommend everybody to go here! The staff speak english very well and they are very friendly and helpfull. The variety of food was amazing after a few weeks of only vietnamees food. At 7:30 pm a filipino guy played some live music which was great to listen to. Overall I felt very welkom in here, the cosy environment made me feel at home. Later on I went to the escape bar with some other guests, a band playing great music, a tasty cocktail to drink and good company, thanks everyone for this great evening!

Visited February 2013

• Vietnamese first
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“Grub in my salad”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I'm Vietnamese and I came to Vcafe with my friend this week from Nha Trang. We ordered the lasagna, which is ok and the taco, which I didn't have. We had our side salad first, it was great until I found a "yummy" grub in my salad. I canceled my taco and had a piece of cake to "make up for the mistake." but still a terrible experience!

“A quality all-rounder”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Opened the batting with some spring rolls for lunch which were very tasty. Followed on with an evening of excellent music & food. Great place to sit back, take it easy & enjoy.

1 Thank Blaabbb
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We popped in for dessert on two occasions, having the brownie both times since it was so yummy! The live music was enjoyable and the service very friendly. We also came here on our last night for dinner and they happily arranged the taco to be made vegetarian for us. All-in-all, this was one of our highlights in Dalat.

1 Thank James_B165_13
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Good music, average food and terrible service”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We decided to eat here on account of the good reviews on here. The live music was good and it was well decorated.

However we must had been lucky as we did not have a great experience here. We had to wait five minutes before we managed to attract one of the five members of staff to take our order. We then noticed that the beef on crispy noodles had been served wrongly to three different tables before being taken back to the kitchen. This rang alarm bells straight away as this is what my wife had ordered. When our food arrived her meal was cold and had to be sent back to be warmed up. Once it returned it tasted fine but nothing special. It was a small amount of beef and litterally a plate piled up high with crispy noodles. I had the fried tofu with ginger which was nice enough but was about 10% tofu and 90% veg. We then had to attract the attention of two other staff members to get our bill and then to pay. Not a great night out which was a shame.

1 Thank CC025
vcafedalatvietnam, Owner at V Cafe (Restaurant/Bar/Live Music), responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Ouch! That's a pretty harsh review.

Yes, it's peak season (Tet Holiday) and we're quite full, and the staff are at their limit. But seriously, what's the rush? I'm sorry a 5 minute wait ruined your evening.

To other travellers... In peak season, if you see the place is full, service might be a tad slow, feel free to come to the bar, enjoy a drink, meet some people, and take it easy.