“Good meal & good service”
Review of Art Cafe - CLOSED

Art Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Hays, Kansas
“Good meal & good service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had lunch here and the food was very good and reasonably priced. We had beef stuffed with cheese and chicken with cashew nuts. Both was very good. A nice ambiance and a nice presentation of the food. It is worth a visit.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank kuyals

• Vietnamese first
Kodiak Island, Alaska
“First time was great, second visit disappointing”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I ate here with my boyfriend and some friends pretty late one night, the friends were looking for vegetarian food and this place was recommended. It is a little expensive but our first visit was worth it, most people got clay pots of varying types and they were delicious! The option for brown rice was an added bonus. The fried spring rolls were awesome, too! I had the quesadilla as I had been craving Mexican food for a while and I was happily surprised. Good cheese, good salsa, awesome chicken. Because of our great experience the first time, we decided to go back for lunch a few days later. We tried to order the spring rolls again but they were out. My boyfriend had stir fried veg with crispy noodles, which was not bad but not impressive.The veggies were crisp and fresh but the noodles were not anything to rave about, more like styrofoam honestly. I had pizza, which I usually stray away from but since my quesadilla was so good I decided to try it. Honestly it was awful. WAY too much cheese, the thinnest layer of sauce I have ever seen, and floppy crust. Overall, I would go back but would stick with the clay pots and spring rolls, and even the quesadilla. Service was good but they asked us to leave the minute it hit closing time during our first meal, I don't blame them but as a server it is just not something that I have ever done (no matter how bad I wanted to!) especially with a big table that is spending a lot of money.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Green B
Haifa, Israel
“Confused with another restaurant?”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This small restaurant was very pleasant, service attentive, but food was not great. The atmosphere is unique and interesting, but this may not be the "original". Next door is the News & Art Cafe, who claim to be the original "Art Cafe" owner and staff. Perhaps the reason for the food not being so tasty? OK, but not worth returning for.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Shimmy B
Luang Prabang, Laos
“Flavourless”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went here after reading a great review on the lonely planet. Sadly we were very disappointed. Might I add it's the first time in 3 and half weeks of traveling that the lonely planet has failed in terms of recommendations. We ordered 3 meals to share between us and were still left hungry. The vegetable 'curry' was the worst, it tasted like microwaved vegetables in a watery broth like substance. A flavorless broth at that. It was a long way off a curry. Sadly the best thing about our meals was the brown rice. Don't go here.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank C1988
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxed evening, with pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Like all other reviews the food is excellent, and the owner is a joy to talk to. The owners work also extends to the toilets and the pavements outside if you also want to take a look.

• Visited January 2014