“Unforgettable experience”

Sandwich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just back from honeymoon where i was 'released' for a day to do my own thing! I had always wanted to play here after watching Tiger play. The director of golf 'Oliver' looked after me well, showing me around and sorting out a caddy before i was paired up with a few members. The course really is first class. fantastic design and layout with the service typical of what you would expect in Thailand.. first class. I played the Canyon course off the very back tees which was very tough, being a pasty scotsman if i never had a caddy to feed me water and sun tan lotion id have passed out! The views over the course from the clubhouse too are spectacular. I would most defiantly return.

Queensland, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Enjoyable experience playing the Lakes Course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We have been in Phuket this trip for 8 days and have played Phuket Country Club, Red Mountain (twice) and Loch Palm, and now the Blue Canyon Lakes Course. I have seen some negative reviews on the Blue Canyon facility, but think people are getting carried away with their expectations of the condition of the courses. Admittedly, the condition of Loch Palm especially is incredible and Red Mountain a pretty close second, but I found the condition of the Lakes Course to be quite good. I have seen some comments about the bunkers, but they are in great condition. What I liked the most about the course was the layout. I played off the Blue tees, which makes the course quite a bit more challenging. If you played off the black tees, it would really be a championship style challenge. It is a really interesting course to play and the landscape, with all the lagoons sculpted out of the terrain makes it very appealing. The greens were much faster than I expected. They showed 8.5 on the sign board, but I think they were much faster than that. One thing to be aware of is that there are not as many huts selling food and drink as you find at the other courses, so you need to stock up in the heat. Also, I could not find any Western edible food, so we were starving by the end of the round. The caddies were fine, not that chatty, but quite knowledgeable. I didn't play the Canyon Course this time and I see there is a Tournament coming along in March. From what I saw of the course, it looked in tip top condition. I have also read negative comments about the Club House. I think it is a terrific facility, much more Colonial in style with a great outlook over the valley and canyons. From my experience playing in Phuket, I would rate Red Mountain No.1, Loch Palm No.2, Blue Canyon Lakes Course No.3 and the Country Club a distant No. 4.

4 Thank Craig D
Zhuhai, China
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

We played the Lakes course last week and it was one of three courses my wife and I played at during our visit to Phuket. It was not at the same level of Loc Palm and certainly no match for Red Mountain but nevertheless it is a nice course. It could use a little attention to detail such as spending some more money on maintenance and making sure there are more facilities on course selling drinks and providing rest rooms. We had a great day because the caddies were so bright and cheerful.

1 Thank ZhuhaiBill
Hong Kong, China
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I checked in here for a week in Nov to "learn to play golf". We were basically looking for a place where someone could put together a week long training program for near beginners and we were not disappointed. The training pro was quite good and the golf manager was helpful and flexible. The rooms were good to stay in and the spa very decent. If there is one issue it is the connectivity to the touristy places but we were quite happy with the beach nearby. If visiting consider post April when it gets a makeover for a tournament.

Visited November 2013
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A little effort would go a long way.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We went for breakfast and it was ok. I ordered the eggs benedict and it had no hollandaise with it. When I asked I could tell it was not understood and it never came. The mother in law wanted yhe same with salmon and only the eggs came. This was resolved and she really enjoyed it. The buffet breakfast had by my wife was okay value.

2 Thank TullsterLondon