“Nice place to lay in the sun” 4 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
$73.98*
and up
Raya Island and Coral Island by Speedboat from Phuket Including Thai Buffet...
Ranked #64 of 239 things to do in Phuket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Coral Island's Banana Beach and Long Beach provide everything that can be desired on a day excursion to a pristine tropical island with stunning beach scenery, virgin rain forest backdrop, good reef snorkeling (Banana Beach only) and full menu of active and passive water sports. Banana Beach is more quiet and laid back, actually the beach lounges are under natural shade, modern clean amenities and of 5 star standard of restaurant and service. The design of all buildings is amazingWe even barge in fresh water for our guest's to wash the salt off before heading back to the resort.Nice touch for the ladies! Long Beach is a 800 meter long white sand Beach with several of the biggest watersports companies in Thailand which cater for all looking for an active day swimming, basic snorkeling, SASUBA Hookah Diving,Try Scuba Diving, Sea Walker, Parasailing (old beach take-of style), Banana Boat rides. All water sports are available at Banana Beach as well as coral viewing clear kayaks, however the active sports are operated far away from the beach thereby maintaining the tropical beach relaxed ambience. Summary: Banana Beach: The day trip is slightly higher in price, 5 star in service, quality of activities, 5 star restaurant, 5 star amenities, 5 star speedboats, 4 star coral reef and water conditions. from 2,300 baht each.( Banana Beach Coral Island is nominated for "Best water sports day-trip" and "Best speed boat day trip" in Phuket in Thailand Tourism Awards" Long Beach : Budget price day trip, fun for the action seekers, a little busy for those looking for a quiet beach. Water sports is of same price as Banana Beach however you may to queue for turns and the standard is rated 3 star.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Chennai (Madras), India
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice place to lay in the sun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a good place to lay in the sun. The tours take you to the most touristy beach of the island. There is scuba diving experience where you can walk on the ocean bed with a helmet providing air supply. The corals are average and are mostly gone due to too many tourists. Nice place to swim around and lay on the bench by the beach.
It would be good to go into the villages inside but i couldnt do due to lack of time

Visited September 2013

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great day out, especially for the price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We did Coral Island including the Sea Walk and paid 2600thb (roughly $90) per person including pickup/dropoff at your hotel.

The beach was fantastic, the sea walk was an amazing experience and the buffet lunch that was included at the island was quite good as well.

Every staff member we had dealings with throughout were friendly as is the norm in most places in Phuket and I have no problem recommending this trip to anyone visiting Phuket. Just a tip though if you plan on doing the Sea Walk it definitely pays to check the weather on the day you plan on going because choppy waters reduce visibility quite a lot though it was still an awesome experience.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Bronson W
HK
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Somewhat disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I joined a day tour to this island. The water's turqoise and the sand nice, but the corals were nowhere to be found!!! I would have chosen another place if I knew coral island is, ironically, no longer coral-ly.

3 Thank GaggerQueen
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Boon to water babies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

If you are a waterbaby, love the turquoise waters of the Bay of Bengal, want to swim, snorkel, and indulge in para sailing, head to Coral Island!

Go by speedboat and then chill by the Bay. I had my first banana boat ride here, and also rode the jet ski. This beach can get quite crowded but it still struck me as being quite clean. Lots of honeymooning couples, and youngsters frolicking on the beach.

You can get very good sea food prepared by locals, and its fresh and tasty.

The highlight of my day trip here was the para sailing. Another first, and I was so thrilled to be hauled up. Apparently you need to specify in case you don't want to do the "dubki" where they actually let you almost waist deep into the water before bringing you back on board your boat. I preferred coming back dry as I had not carried a change of clothing.

Another fascinating activity was the seabed walk. We donned our scuba helmets and spent a good 45 minutes at a depth of 30 meters admiring the marine life. We also had our DVD made which is a real good remembrance of our day on Coral Island.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Zenobia T
Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sasuba Hookah Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

My family and I have been snorkel diving with Snuba in the Carribean and looked for it in Phuket was disappointed they are not there any more. However I was told about Sasuba which was "the same" so I had no hesitation to book. As we stay in a high end resort in Laguna we trusted the tour office and have no regrets.
The day was at Banana Beach Coral Island. It was only 20 minutes by speed boat to the most gorgeous, almost private beach I have seen in 3 visits to Phuket.
It was the Coral Island Club and I must say the service and personal attention couldnt't be better. Our 2 teen boys 14, 16 and my little girl 8yrs became attached to Mr Santi for the day who went through the Sasuba briefing with total professionalism. His in water guiding with safety and such interesting knowledge of the very close to shore reef, worthy of praise. My wife who would not try Snuba as it was straight into into deep water from a boat, was comfortable as we started at the beach in shallow water then slowly went to deeper area holding Santi's hand.
With all of the freedom of swimming as well as cruising and easily breathing a few meters underwater is a blast for sure.
Sasuba or Snuba will be on our must do list anywhere we travel and surely Coral Island Club at Banana Beach will be on next year's list when on our annual holiday in Phuket. Thanks to Laguna tour girls who suggested we try.

Visited May 2014