“Go here for authentic Thai food”
Review of Thai Season

Thai Season
Ranked #1,057 of 3,066 Restaurants in Phuket
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Go here. Really. Here are a list of reasons why:

1.) I just had 2 entrees and two big Chang beers and spent 12 dollars. That is saying something in this particularly touristy area.

2.) Food quality is superb. If you appreciate Thai food at its core and are not looking for a glamorous ambience, then you really need to come here. I'm spending 5 nights at Mom's Tri Resort and have gone to their restaurant twice. While I admit the food there is good, I'd wager a bet you would not be able to tell the difference blindfolded. And the cost is 1/4 of mom's.

3.) You are giving your hard earned money to a family who works 7 days week, at least 12 hours a day. I much prefer doing this than to give to the other restaurants in the area that basically feels like a glorified Red Robin or Sizzler.

Lastly, as of July 2014, the map using TripAdvisor app is wrong. Use the websites mobile site to find the place. It close to the southern part of the main Kata beach.

2  Thank Marc L

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We arrived at Kata Beach and were disappointed by the expensive tourist restaurants we first ate at. On our third night we decided to venture out a bit more and came across Thai Season, it was busy and there seemed to be Thai locals ordering take away so we tried it out. Simple decor but excellent food. The spring roles were yummy, the Thai Green Curry was excellent. We went back twice after that for our dinner. After excellent Thai food in Kanchanburi, Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai we thought Kata Beach Phuket may let us down! Not so after finding Thai Season. Also to enter the restaurant for our second and third nights and be recognized by the owner/chef was lovely. I think they really appreciate tourists returning to eat their delicious food again and again.

4  Thank travelqueen1973
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We visited this restaurant several times during our stay in Phuket. The taste is amazing and the price is very reasonable. Our favourite dishes are the pad thai and chicken coconut soup. The service is very good as well. we'll definitely go there again.

1  Thank J3551toon
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This unassuming restaurant situated slightly away from the main Kata strip is run by a husband and wife team who used to work at The Boathouse. The husband is front of house, whilst the wife, who worked in the kitchens at The Boathouse, is the star behind the simple but very tasty cooking. The food is all cooked to order; all the Thai staples, and the stand outs include the Penang and Massaman curries. If you want to experience some simple homely Thai cooking, do go here; you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Ralph P
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The lady chef used to work at the reputable Boathouse restaurant nearby so the food is not only superb but is also fresh and made to order. Prices are extremely reasonable for increasingly expensive Phuket. A starter and main can be had for under 200 baht. Do not be put off by the basic decor and plastic tables. The food is really good. It is located on the road leading into Kata Beach from Phuket Town near the Boathouse hotel, very close to the beach. The restaurant is owned by a small family who do all the work. The husband used to be a waiter also at the Boathouse hotel. Their larb gai is excellent. The massaman curry was one of the best I have ever had. I wanted som tam (spicy papaya salad) but was not on the menu. Next day I went for lunch and was told they bought the ingredients to prepare it for me. Lovely place!

1  Thank Harold B