“Experience a different side of Phuket”

Phuket Heritage Trails Tours
Ranked #85 of 466 Tours in Phuket
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded by a Phuket native with an aim to promote the cultural and historical Phuket Island in responsible and educational manners, Phuket Heritage Trails offers cultural, historical, and natural tours of Phuket, showcasing local beliefs, architecture, cuisines, and lifestyle within the historical backdrop made up of the community's ethnic and religious diversity.Phuket Heritage Trails stands apart from other local tours in that it is not a commercial tour jammed with commission motivated shopping diversions.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We did a Meet the Locals tour and a Food Tour with Chaya, who runs Phuket Heritage Trails. I can honestly say they were absolute highlights of our holiday. We learned so much interesting history and local knowledge and felt lucky to have glimpsed a slice of real life in Phuket. Instead of giant shopping malls we were able to peer into so many great little local shops and businesses and as promised, meet the locals. Chaya is a wonderful, knowledgable and very accommodating host. We can't recommend her tours highly enough!

2  Thank IamKP

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Very informative, easy to understand and very friendly!
A different tour, that takes you to the not touristy parts of Phuket.
Very adaptable and happy to tweak the tour slightly to suit different tastes (instead of a massage, we went to a fruit market!)

A great way to learn about the culture and history of Thailand!

Would highly recommend.

1  Thank JadeRM13
Reviewed November 26, 2012

went on an evening tour with chaya.she collected us from our hotel in patong promptly and had water for us.she has such knowledge about phuket and her english is excellent!!! we had a very enjoyable trip with her with the sea gypsies being the highlight,she also took us to a non tourist thai buddist temple to see the monks ''chanting''.there were three of us on the tour and she was attentive to each one of us.the tour costs £18 and includes return travel to hotel,meal and various snacks throughout the tour.it is well worth the money and no jewellery factory in sight!!!!!

1  Thank gertiegrotbags
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This tour with Chaya has motivated me to write a review and attempt to convey how important this tour is. As picky as I am, I am always skeptical of any tour, even if it is private. From minute one, it was nothing but smiles from Chaya, she made us feel welcome and it seemed as if we had been friends forever. Chaya is so knowledgable about the history of Phuket Town, some of the stories I will never forget.

The best part of the tour was by far, the sea gypsie village. Tourists do not normally go to this village, Chaya has built a relationship with them. As we were leaving, the village people insisted that we stay for a drink; "why not?" I said. I am so glad that we made the decision to stay. We spent the remaining three hours with these amazing people, laughing, trying to learn Thai and having a few beers. They invited us to have dinner with them, which comprised of squid, snapper and other food that was caught that morning. The most amazing fish I have ever eaten. These people can really teach you the importance of life and relationships and how living simple is the way to live. "sabi sabi" which means "take it easy" now has a true meaning in my heart. Thank you Chaya!!

-Bobby and Emily

1  Thank Bobby M
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I were lucky to be the only ones on our tour! Chaya became our personal tour guide. What a lovely lady!!!! Chaya has so much knowledge and pride in her city's history. She is a wonderful ambassador for Phuket. We were able to gain access to the famous Chinpracha House Mansion. We went to the Thalang Thai Temple and Museum, and a Chinese Taoist Temple in Phuket Town. We visited the amazing Sea Gypsy people on Sirey Island and finished with dinner at Tunka Restaurant on Rang Hill. This was a wonderfully educational afternoon and evening with an amazing Tour Guide in Chaya. This tour was truly a highlight of our visit to Phuket. Thank you Chaya.

1  Thank DBF1967