“Best Thai food I had in Phuket, and now I can cook it myself”

Kata Thai Cooking Class by Sally (Kata & Karon, Phuket)
Ranked #1 of 30 Food & Drink in Phuket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Kata Thai Cooking Class. We offer Thai Cooking Class with homemade styly recipe. Each student will have our station to cook. We have 2 sessions a day. 11 am-1.30 pm, and 3.30 pm-7.30 pm. only 2.30-4 hours you can cook Thai. Beside 3 menus on schedule, we also have more variety which you can look up on our website.
Sydney
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Best Thai food I had in Phuket, and now I can cook it myself”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I attended this class with Mike S who posted a review already below, but I loved it so much I also wanted to comment.

I had been disappointed with the Thai food I'd eaten out before this class, and Kelly restored my faith with the great food she taught us to cook - easily the best Thai food I had in our 9 nights here. The green curry was the favourite dish but I will probably cook the pad Thai the most at home. As others have said, don't eat breakfast before going to the class - it is all delicious but filling!

Look at the actual website for this to see the promotions available - we found that we could choose our own dishes on a Friday lunchtime which fitted into our schedule and gave us the chance to choose what we would be most likely to cook again.

Kelly and her assistant were both very friendly and put you at ease. Would definitely come back to another class, well worth doing :)

1 Thank Emily M
Kelly K, Owner at Kata Thai Cooking Class by Sally (Kata & Karon, Phuket), responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I'm appreciated so much. I hope you cook this for your friends and family. I hope again they like it too. Anyone who sign up for the class has first impression of Thai food they ate. It is not too hard for me to teach you how to make it like I cook at home. Just need your attention few hours and you will become A Pro.

Sydney
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Really fun-do the market tour too!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful afternoon attending a market tour & cooking class. The market tour was a real highlight, we got to taste so many yummy unique thai foods & have lots of interesting tidbits about thai cooking and culture explained to us.
We then cooked Tom Yum soup, green curry and pad thai-probably the 3 most common dishes westerners order when having Thai. Kelly was a great teacher and we loved our session-& the food!
A highlight of our Phuket trip. Much better than the Bangkok food tour we did-only wish we had more time to spend at the markets but we now know what to order!!

Visited June 2013
Thank you for your time. I'm so glad you like this market. It is a amazed you and even Thai as well. How fresh of products here. There are so much food to taste and try some food that you may like it. Hope you enjoy cooking at home.
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Much more than a thai cooking class!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

In April 2013 we attended Kelly's Thai cooking class with friends, what an amazing day we had, we learnt so much more than just cooking thai dishes but Kelly enriched us with the culture and passion behind thai cooking and what it means to the Thai people.
You come away from kelly's cooking school with a real appreciation of Thai cooking and culture, and Kelly's staff are amazing as well.
One memorable thing that sticks out for me was the way Kelly was able to adapt the dishes for me as I am allergic to seafood and mushrooms, with Kelly's help in changing some ingredients I was able to enjoy the real taste of Thailand.
Thank you so much Kelly and your team, a memorable experience!!!!

Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“One of the best things to do in Phuket”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Attended a cooking class today (14th June). The class consisted of myself, two friends and another couple who I met at class. Kelly and her colleague were absolutely lovely- very personable and have a very relaxed approach to cooking and learning. On Fridays you get to chose your menu so today we made spring rolls, pad thai and green curry. I don't like my food too spicy so Kelly helped me adjust the ingredients to make things more appealing for my tastes. The class took about two and a half hours (without a visit to the market).

There was so much food that we couldn't eat it all. I suggest you don't have anything for breakfast before attending the class.

I will definitely attend another class on my next visit to Phuket. The whole experience has been one of my favourites thus far in Phuket.

1 Thank miketsearle
Thank you guy for your review. Let us know how is your cooking at home with my recipe. If you have any question, please let me know. I will try my best to help you out. Keep cooking!
sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

What to say other than fantastic food and a great way to spend a few hours, I did this with my family and we all thoroughly enjoyed the food we cooked. Definitely don't eat anything before you go, you will need all the room you can for the delicious food, as you are essentially about to eat a large 3 course dinner, that you cook and also they give you a spring roll and if your lucky some sticky rice desert in banana leaf from the market, also fantastic!

I can't wait to try and make some of this at home.