Kata Thai Cooking Class by Sally (Kata & Karon, Phuket)
Ranked #1 of 30 Food & Drink in Phuket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Kata Thai Cooking Class. We offer Thai Cooking Class with homemade styly recipe. Each student will have our station to cook. We have 2 sessions a day. 11 am-1.30 pm, and 3.30 pm-7.30 pm. only 2.30-4 hours you can cook Thai. Beside 3 menus on schedule, we also have more variety which you can look up on our website.
Denver, Colorado
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This was an excellent, and hugely fun class! Kelly did a wonderful job with explaining the ingredients, and technique for cooking each dish. The class is small, up to six, so you don't get lost in the shuffle. We made Green Curry with Chicken (the curry from scratch), Tom Yum soup with Prawn, and Pad Thai. I look forward to trying to replicate this when I get home...go cook with Kelly and have some fun!

“Authentic, easy to follow, Thai cooking”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Fantastic, highly recommend. Came away with some great new recipes and skills. Now to re-do it at home...

“Memorable Experience”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I will definitely recommend this class for all who love Thai food. There are just so many things we take for granted when eating a dish prepared by someone else. Learning to prepare a Thai dish makes me appreciate the dish even more.

Kelly is very systematic in her teaching and very detailed. Patient towards her students.

For couples, young and old, this is an activity you should not miss out on.

The Market Tour is also highly recommended.

Thank You Kelly for giving Merilyn and I a very memorable experience at your school.

Newcastle, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Fresh. The best Thai food class”
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

This was well worth the time out of our day. Kelly was very informative and helpful, the produce was of the freshest quality and the kitchen was very clean. Sami was also a wonderful help with keeping the lesson moving smoothly. This was a wonderful day learning great recipes and Thai techniques. I am looking forward to implementing this into my life back home. I will see you again when I return. Thank you Kelly and Sami.

Enjoy our trip to Europe Kelly, I am sure it is well deserved :)

Endicott, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great class and teacher”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Kelly took us to the market, and finally made me understand the structure of a market after visiting many in the past 8 years of going to Thailand. She let us pick our own menu, so we got to learn to make my 3 fave Thai dishes. Her English is excellent and she is a good teacher. 1 recommendations would be: for "farang" use less chili. The end of the class also felt a bit rushed when it was time to eat, but Kelly graciously bagged up our food for us to take back to our hotel. Def a highlight of our trip and an experience we will be able to share with our friends at dinner parties!

Visited September 2012