“Nice and Chic”

Ranked #227 of 758 Hotels in Phuket
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice and Chic”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stay there for a short visit. The place has a special ambience to the resort. The rooms are very stylish and clean. Nothing beats a clean room while traveling. Tried the resort SPA. It was refreshing and energizing. You are welcome by the land of smiles. Staff are extremely helpful and courteous. Walking distance from the ferry, awesome place for a nice evening stroll

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sebwaa
s_wainwright2004, Manager at Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Hi Seb, You know you are welcome back anytime. I hope this years adventure trips goes well for you and your staff . I hope you come back to phuket to visit us soon. Cheers, Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Orange, California, United States
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This is a real good deal in the price.

Good points:

1. Price is good.
2. They will change your booking date without any charge.
3. Near to pier. so you can get ferry for phi phi island and all.
4. Room service is good and fast.
5. Room is very nice with wood flooring. Clean and ambient in room and outside room is real sweet.
6. People of this resort are sweet heart and treat you like real guest.
7. Fridge is always stocked with beer, drink juice and snacks. You will have to pay for it if you use them but the price is same market price. I find it good as I dont have to go out to buy beer.
8. Spa is real good.

Bad:

1. Area get sleazy after 11 pm. Good for them who need to pick up girls.
2. Pool is bit small but who needs pool in thailand.
3. Bathroom dosnt have bath tub.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rewati2012
s_wainwright2004, General Manager at Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thanks for the comments and for choosing us at Pier 42. Since you left we have completely re tiled the swimming pool to a lighter colour. We are limited to space so we could not extend it. There has recently been a new beach club called O2 and it has its own beach and swimming pool. It is only 5 minutes walk away and we have a deal with them that our customers can use the pool when they order a drink. Its a much bigger pool.
We do have a bath tube but its only in the Villa suit. All of the other rooms have rain showers. We would like to fit all the rooms with baths but we feel it would be too crowded.
I hope you get to see us again and the new pool. It was lovely having you here. Regards, Steve
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Good location- excellent staff - friendly & welcoming - Try the coffee shop. I was quite surprised by the excellent quality of the food and coffee, the way it was presented.. The service was outstanding.

Very comfortable accommodation, the bed, I just love the pillows and the bean bag... Perfect location just steps away to Chalong pier, bars, restaurants, Dive shops, and 7/11.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you Mark for your lovely comments. You and your family are always welcome at Pier 42. I hope you can stay longer next time. Take care, Steve
United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2012

If you are looking for a stylish, charming but affordable boutique hotel, the Pier 42 is the right choice. This gem still has its original courtyard and generous 2 storey structure recently renovated with a touch of Italian style.
It would be difficult in my opinion to find a similar place in Phuket for the price you pay.
The design of the guesthouse is quite cool, well furnished with handcrafted pieces from all around Thailand. Rooms are simple but nice and cosy, quite spacious.
The staff is always friendly and helpful. Breakfast is quite decent and traditional thai food in general is very tasty.
Although Pier42 is not facing the beach, the location is very convenient, not far from Rawai and Kata beaches. One way taxi fare from Airport to Chalong is around 400 THB, but the return will cost around 800 THB, the double, this is Thailand.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floor because the ground floor can be noisy due the sound of footstep...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MisterGan
s_wainwright2004, General Manager at Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for your stay with us, you are more than welcome to visit again. I apologise the taxi costs more on the return journey but this is a problem in Phuket with taxi drivers. We will always try and get you the best possible price. Hope to see you again, Steve
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The friendliest, most attentive staff and great amenities made for a perfect holiday. The food was pretty good too, with the best Tom Yum Goong I have ever had. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel, you will not be disppointed.

Room Tip: Beds are hard, but thats Thailand, so no problem. Ask for the topper to soften it a little....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Kevin. We really loved having you here during Songkran and the staff miss you. I'm looking forward to seeing you, your wife and the rest of your family soon. If you need any advise just email me at steve@pierfortytwo.com.
Kind Regards, Steve
Ps- There is a bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey waiting for your return :)
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2012

After reviewing several hotels and resorts on Chalong pier I decided to stay at pier 42 and was very happy with my choice. As soon as I walked into pier 42 a felt very welcome with all the staff being so friendly. I was taken to my room which was clean, spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I was shown around the resort by a member of staff taking in the swimming pool, spa, and cafe ( which does a lovely coffee).

My room always had hot water for the shower and sink, mini bar and tv with all the cable channels.

The breakfast was ideal with cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts plus an on site cook to make you things like eggs Benedict and eggs on toast.

The location was fantastic for me as I wanted to go diving and take in boat trips to go to the Islands like Phi Phi and Coral Island. The charming manager Steven advised me on what and where to go around Phuket and made my stay there stress free.

I'm planning on returning later on in the year to Phuket and I'll be staying at pier 42 again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Hi Gareth. It was great to have you staying with us. The staff are looking forward to seeing you again later in the year. You will have to try the spa the next time you are back. You won't be disappointed. I took your advise and put beans on the breakfast menu so you can have your beans and toast in the morning. Take care, Steve
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I recently stayed here on a working holiday and was completely satisfied with my choice and the resort. Beautiful decor with attention to every detail, nice garden like grounds which are surprisingly quiet especially in the morning when I woke up to the sounds of birds and a rooster. This was a pleseant surprise, considering the road is busy all day in front of the resort. Wifi was essential for my stay, and the in room service and also wifi in the restaurant allowed me to work and get my business done while relaxing around the pool or grabbibg a bite to eat in the cafe. Staff were nice and friendly and more than happy to help me out get my work done. I will definately be back.

Room Tip: My room was near the back of the resort and was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear David. I'm glad the hotel was suitable for your business trip. We have installed a Apple Mac computer in the cafe, you can now work on your emails from there also. If you wish to use the fax machine, scanner or printer we can also arrange that in the office. The Pier 42 Team hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Steve