Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ban Raya Resort & Spa(Ko Racha Yai)
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
    Great 4.5/5
      Good 3.5/5
      Bungalow Raya Resort(Ko Racha Yai)
      • Beachfront
      • Pool
      All reviewsdiving tripdive boats leavetropical oasisaroma oilbars and restaurantsswimming poolthai massagephi phi islandkhao soibreakfast is servedfoot massagelarge bedfriendly hoteltea coffeedecent sizeamazing hotelstayed for nights
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed May 3, 2012

If you are looking for a stylish, charming but affordable boutique hotel, the Pier 42 is the right choice. This gem still has its original courtyard and generous 2 storey structure recently renovated with a touch of Italian style.
      It would be difficult in my opinion to find a similar place in Phuket for the price you pay.
      The design of the guesthouse is quite cool, well furnished with handcrafted pieces from all around Thailand. Rooms are simple but nice and cosy, quite spacious.
      The staff is always friendly and helpful. Breakfast is quite decent and traditional thai food in general is very tasty.
      Although Pier42 is not facing the beach, the location is very convenient, not far from Rawai and Kata beaches. One way taxi fare from Airport to Chalong is around 400 THB, but the return will cost around 800 THB, the double, this is Thailand.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floor because the ground floor can be noisy due the sound of footsteps and squeaky floors.
      • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
      1  Thank MisterGan
      s_wainwright2004, General Manager at Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for your stay with us, you are more than welcome to visit again. I apologise the taxi costs more on the return journey but this is a problem in Phuket with taxi drivers. We will always try and get you the best possible price. Hope to see you again, Steve

Reviewed April 29, 2012

The friendliest, most attentive staff and great amenities made for a perfect holiday. The food was pretty good too, with the best Tom Yum Goong I have ever had. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel, you will not be disppointed.

Room Tip: Beds are hard, but thats Thailand, so no problem. Ask for the topper to soften it a little....
      • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Kevin. We really loved having you here during Songkran and the staff miss you. I'm looking forward to seeing you, your wife and the rest of your family soon. If you need any advise just email me at steve@pierfortytwo.com.
      Kind Regards, Steve
      Ps- There is a bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey waiting for your return :)

Reviewed April 6, 2012

After reviewing several hotels and resorts on Chalong pier I decided to stay at pier 42 and was very happy with my choice. As soon as I walked into pier 42 a felt very welcome with all the staff being so friendly. I was taken to my room which was clean, spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I was shown around the resort by a member of staff taking in the swimming pool, spa, and cafe ( which does a lovely coffee).

My room always had hot water for the shower and sink, mini bar and tv with all the cable channels.

The breakfast was ideal with cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts plus an on site cook to make you things like eggs Benedict and eggs on toast.

The location was fantastic for me as I wanted to go diving and take in boat trips to go to the Islands like Phi Phi and Coral Island. The charming manager Steven advised me on what and where to go around Phuket and made my stay there stress free.

I'm planning on returning later on in the year to Phuket and I'll be staying at pier 42 again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Hi Gareth. It was great to have you staying with us. The staff are looking forward to seeing you again later in the year. You will have to try the spa the next time you are back. You won't be disappointed. I took your advise and put beans on the breakfast menu so you can have your beans and toast in the morning. Take care, Steve

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I recently stayed here on a working holiday and was completely satisfied with my choice and the resort. Beautiful decor with attention to every detail, nice garden like grounds which are surprisingly quiet especially in the morning when I woke up to the sounds of birds and a rooster. This was a pleseant surprise, considering the road is busy all day in front of the resort. Wifi was essential for my stay, and the in room service and also wifi in the restaurant allowed me to work and get my business done while relaxing around the pool or grabbibg a bite to eat in the cafe. Staff were nice and friendly and more than happy to help me out get my work done. I will definately be back.

Room Tip: My room was near the back of the resort and was very quiet.
      • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear David. I'm glad the hotel was suitable for your business trip. We have installed a Apple Mac computer in the cafe, you can now work on your emails from there also. If you wish to use the fax machine, scanner or printer we can also arrange that in the office. The Pier 42 Team hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Steve

Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed in Pier 42 and really enjoyed it. The hotel is beautiful, so are the rooms, and the staff did all they could to make me feel at home. Perfect getaway to relax - I loved the pool area and spend hours hanging out on a bean bag. Everything is nicely renovated and super clean. As all rooms (as far as I could figure it out) face the courtyard, it was also good for a quiet night of sleep.

Lovely restaurant, too. Breakfast was lovely, particularly the eggs benedict, although a little more choices would be good - nevertheless, the guests were even asked if they had any particular wishes for breakfast. Thumbs up for that!

However, one must be aware that Chalong itself has no beach, it's nothing but a pier, from where the dive boats leave, and a couple of bars and restaurants. More expats than tourists. Fine to get out for a couple of days, or for people who just come for diving. The main beaches are a bit off - you can reach them more or less easy with a motorbike - however, if you're not up for a bike ride, it can get difficult, as cabs are quite a rip-off.

Oh, and before I forget - the SPA42 was the best Spa experience ever in Thailand. And I've been in Thailand several times. They use only natural products and really pamper you wonderfully. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
      1  Thank LaJolie

Hi Jolie. Hope all is well in Germany and looking forward to seeing you again at Pier 42. We have added a few more selections to the breakfast menu to give our customers more choice. Thanks for the advise. I'm happy you enjoyed the massage with our Spa Team, we now make our own natural products specifically for the type of treatments we offer. They are also for sale. Hope you will be back to try them. Take care, Steve