“Well managed tours”
Review of Laguna Tours

Laguna Tours
Ranked #139 of 505 Tours in Phuket
More attraction details
Owner description: To make the most of your stay on Phuket, Laguna offers a full selection of tour options including scuba diving, snorkelling, game fishing, elephant trekking, adventure safaris, stage shows, city tours and much more. With a fleet of private luxury speedboats and top-of-the-line vans at our command, we offer our guests the opportunity to experience the same activities and destinations as offered by Phuket’s mainstream day trip operators, but we avoid the crowds.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed in Dusit Thani in Phuket last July 24-28. Didn't want to take a chance with booking tours outside so we inquired from the tour desk in the hotel. A little pricey but worth the peace of mind. Tour desk was really helpful. We took the half day ATV tour on day 1, Phi Phi island tour on day 2 and the Phang Nga Bay tour on day 3. Each day we were picked up by a mini bus on time from the hotel. The bus was comfortable but small so if you are a big group, you may have to sit in different places. During the boat tours, everything was comfortable and the crew were very helpful. Drinks and food are available on the boat which are already included in the tour price. Will definitely recommend Laguna tours for first timers in Phuket.

1  Thank combat66
in 13 reviews
"crew"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Myself, my wife and our 13 year old son took a Phi Phi Island tour with Laguna sold by our hotel as the most exclusive tour, since they only take 15 passenger or less, which was true in our tour.

On our way out to the Phi Phi island, before the first stop our propeller broke and the speedboad became a slowboat, taking over 1 hour at the end of the route which normally would take 15 min we were told. During this period, my wife got seasick and threw up a few times until we got to the Monkey island beach. Upon arriving there, the tour had called for a spare part to fix. The spare part was not needed as they were able to fix it.

After all the time lost, we simply cruise through "the beach" (from the movie) and the lagoon. The boat barely stopped for pictures. We stopped for snorkeling ~30min, which was the only good part of the tour. The area was nice, a little packed but we had a good time. Then we went to Bamboo Island Beach, which as others have mentioned, it was jammed packed We were given lunch boxes and good luck to go find a quiet place to eat. If we wanted to snorkel, we should come back to the boat and get it ourselves.

After that we were served fresh cut fruits and upon arrival back on the marina we got some towels.

For a whole day tour, the only part we enjoyed was the brief 30 min snorkeling. We wouldn't do it again, nor recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

While staying at the Angsana resort in mid August 2013, we booked a "Phi Phi Islands by Laguna Speedboat" tour. We have a three year old and a one year old who both love the water. Good points: Tour guide was excellent. Very friendly, knowledgeable and spoke excellent English. The boat was very cool, and comfortable, although I would recommend checking how many are going on the trip as seating starts getting cramped at more than 14 people. On the way back from the islands the guide and skipper took us a bit of the beaten track for a bit, as we were doing good time, to a small deserted island where we were the only visitors. This was the best bit of the whole day (or only good bit). There is free access to drinks, but note, not alcohol. They had life jackets for the kids.

A few things were not great. We were not told that due to it being the Monsoon season the waters would be very rough. Despite us informing them on the form that I was pregnant, they did not warn us that it would be too rough for pregnant ladies, and worse, they did not inform the tour guide so he could either warn me or seat me in a more appropriate place. The seas were extremely rough sailing in the speedboat and I was very uncomfortable and worried. I had of course assumed the tour guide knew of my condition, but when I told him after the trip out to the islands he got quite upset and worried as well as he had not been informed by the booking agent. On the way back they chose a calmer route and I was seated at the back of the boat, and this was much better.
We were visiting Phuket during the low season. However, the vision of seeing "The Beach" in a quiet setting was dashed. All the places we went on the designated tour were heaving with boats and tourists. The skipper had to navigate through throngs of swimming tourists. It was loud and very busy. Certainly the picture they have on the tour adverts of a deserted beach with a few wooden boats lazily pulled up on the beach is far from reality. The advert also says "they aim to avoid the crowds so you can enjoy the sights" Just not possible and did not happen. They also state that Viking cave is on the itinerary for visiting. I was a bit naive and thought this meant we got to go inside to see the cave paintings, I should have checked this, as it does not happen. You sail past it and the tour guide points it out and tells a few snippets of information.
For lunch we were taken to a large beach which I think was Pi Lei Cove and which we were told was beautiful and quiet. This was far from true. The place was heaving with boats and just soooo many tourists! There was literally a race to get a place to sit and have your packed lunch. We had found a small place where we put out our mats, but within half an hour a large group of Chinese tourists arrived who literally camped themselves right up against us and even started putting their stuff on our mats. Certainly not relaxing or tranquil! If this is how busy it gets in the low season, I hate to think what it is like when it is busy! The lunch provided was also very poor, where we were given a small box with food. There were different options, of which we had one of each, but they were all equally poor consisting typically of a soggy sandwich and some fried rice. Really, they should do a bit better than that. We were given some fresh fruit later on the boat.

To sum it up, there were a few good bits, but overall I would not recommend it and regret going on it. I would say though that the kids were great, were comfortable and didn't complain so I think it is possible to bring your little one if they are happy in the water.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We took 2 day trips with Laguna Tours, both with our best guide, Alex.
Laguna Tours depart from Ao Po Marina where all the luxury yachts are berthed. The speedboat was very clean and there was also a clean toilet on board. We had a variety of cold drinks which we thoroughly enjoyed!

Our 1st trip was to Phi Phi Island and the boat had 18 persons. Sea was choppy and one lady was sea sick. Luckily we had Alex who handled the situation calmly and he also handled some very difficult persons who were disappointed we could not visit places like Maya Bay due to bad weather.

Our 2nd trip to PhangNga Bay was loads better and there were only 13 persons on board. Sea was calmer but we encountered rain at James Bond Island which was a nice experience too! Loved the lunch at Koh Panyee, sea kayak and the last stop at the island.

We had a most enjoyable time with Alex, the captain and co-captain.