“Nice turist trip”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Nice turist trip”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We went on a trip with Dorado, and my son cought a nice skipjack tuna. A very fine boat and ok food.
We went on another private charter also, where we paid half the amount, and the fishing gear was just as nice, but a bit smaller boat, so I will proberly do that next time.

I missed english speaking crew on the "Dorado", but only thai speaking - well, one spoke a little english. I would have hoped that Eke or Stefano, who I had emailed with about the trip, had joined the trip as guide, I think I paid enough to exspect an english speaking guide.
All in all an ok trip, but not really the professional fishingboat I hoped.

5 Thank Anders S

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A great Day out for many non fisho's”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Trying to plan a fishing trip over the net is a daunting task, especially when it takes 2 days to get a reply from an email. This wans't the case here with Eke. In some cases I was almost chatting on line.
With tentative bookings made with 2 other operators, both cheaper (but not by much), the Dorado just looked more impressive, so we went with them (the hotel was trying to sway us towards another operator).
The Taxi arrived at our hotel (Aleenta Resort), which is over an hour away from Chalong Pier, on time...actually 15 minutes early.
Upon arrival at the pier, we were greeted by Stefano, our guide for the day (Eke was in Finland). Once abord the boat, were given a quick rundown of the day, and the do's and don'ts, not that there were any don'ts, and off we went.
The seas were a bit lumpy that day, and the bunks were all full, with our guys falling asleep...the best way to overcome sea sickness.
The first catch of the day a small tuna, which was followed up by a double hook-up, and then another, and on it went for a short while. With 9 people on board, everyone caught a fish or two.
Lunch was described as "restaurant" quality....and I must say, it was better than the resort food offered by their french chef. One of the crew also turned of the tuna into sushimi for us.
A quick swim and snorkel, and we were off again.
We caught a few more fish and then I felt sleepy, so I took a nap......an hour and a half later, I woke up near Chalong Peir.
What a top day out, but it didn't end there......
On the way back to our resort, we were all a bit hungry, so we asked the taxi driver to take us somewhere "local" for dinner. He took us to a place we wouldn't have given a second glance, but the food was fantastic. All 9 people fed for 4500 Bahts, including drinks, fresh lobsters and crabs (which my 10 year old chose).
When I told guys how much the day cost, they didn't believe me.
I've now passed on Eke's details to the hotel, so others can have the experince we did.
Once again, Eke and Stefano, thank you so much for great day out.
Taps.

Visited June 2012
5 Thank Tapan S
, Owner at Dorado Game Fishing Private Charter, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Hi Taps, really great news your trip was a success ;)) unfortetunaly I was not there to share it with with you : / maybe next time ;))))
Adelaide
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A bit disappointing”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

After reading reviews on this activity, a booking was made for 6 of us to go fishing. All of us are quite experienced fisherman at home and so thought it would be something different but unfortunately we only trawled for fish, which did not produce much. There is a lot of rubbish in the water which is off putting . Staff were friendly and the food was good but the day itself was lack lustre in comparison to what we can do when at home.

7 Thank Brock9
DoradoPhuket, Owner at Dorado Game Fishing Private Charter, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
You are absolutely right about rubbish on the sea. That is a problem in these waters :(( What comes to catching fish, sometimes you catch, sometimes you dont. That is why it is called fishing, not catching ;)) Australia is one of the best places in the world when it comes to fishing - it is really hard to beat as we talked during our trip. Tight lines ;)) -eke-
Perth Western Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Host, Fantastic Boat, Great Day”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Our family of 4 adults chartered Dorado for a day of game fishing. Transport to and from Chalong pier was part of the service. What a pleasure it was to meet Eke (owner) and his crew on Dorado the service was excellent and very professional. Eke is from Finland and speaks very good english. We caught 4 Tuna in the morning and enjoyed a delicious sashimi morning tea onboard we then had a snorkel at Racha Island and returned to a tasty lunch. After lunch we continued trolling but we didn't catch anything in the afternoon. We booked this charter before we left home and all emails were answered quickly. You can book other charters for half the price but you get what you pay for, the boats are not the same standard as the Dorado and I am sure the experience would not be the same. We had such a fun day and by far the best day we had on our holiday in Phuket. If you are thinking of game fishing in Phuket do yourself a favour and book Dorado we know you will have a great experience. We give Dorado and all the staff 10/10. Thanks Eke for a wonderful day.

3 Thank Paula V
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Great Day Game Fishing”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My family of 4 (three adults, one teenager) have just spent a fantastic day game fishing with Eke and his crew on Dorado.
The service was excellent.
Eke responds to email enquiries almost immediately.
We were picked up from our accomodation by taxi and driven straight to Chalong pier where we boarded DORADO.
Food and drinks were provided throughout the trip and were delicious and plentiful.
The fishing was great fun. It was a first time for all of us. We even managed to catch a decent sized TUNA.
At the end of the day the same taxi drove us back.
All-in-all, an excellent day out. Thank you EKE.

2 Thank Chris H