5 people are viewing this hotel
$58
Hotels.com$58
ZenHotels.com$58
Hurb$73
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Amora Beach Resort, Bang Tao, Thalang. Room 1322
Arrived late after 10:00pm. Check in was so easy the girls behind the desk were so inviting and friendly. We were given 'freezing' cold towels to cool off and a juice. They upgraded us to a deluxe room free of charge. On entering the room we found it large and spacious. Tiled floors, king bed, large bathroom, writing desk, cupboard space, TV with 90 stations mostly Thai but a reasonable amount of English shows and to my husband's delight the Golf Channel, two single chairs with a coffee table, small verandah with just enough room to have a small table and two chairs overlooking the pool and plenty of room to move around. If booking ask for a ground floor room as you just walk off verandah straight into the pool, so convenient. The bathroom was clean but being white the grouting did need some attention. We ordered off the room service menu the dearest item was tenderloin steak 490ba but 10% service charge and 7% tax has to be added on to bill.
Breakfast included and what a selection . Thai foods such as noodles and fried rice, seasonal fruits, French toast, eggs, cereal, sausages, rissoles, ham, tomatoes etc you wouldn't go hungry.
The pool is magnificent and extremely clean. There is also a pool side bar.
No free Internet. You can purchase 1, 3 or 7 days. 3 days cost 590ba approx $20AUD.
The resort has a tour desk to go to patong beach or Phuket town costs 350ba round trip and leaves several times a day.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank aussietraveller59
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed at the hotel in April 2011 with my friends. The hotel is definitly not the best in Phuket. The hotel is old. Our room need renovation badly. Private beach waspoor. Wifi was really very slow. We didn't like food at the hotel and it's also rather expencive. The staff was very often unpolite and sometimes eben rude. I can not recomend the hotel.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Demidova_Ekaterina
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Just a one night stop off here.

Room was cleanish. I found a maggot in my bed so that made me feel a bit sick. We arrived late so ordered room service. had to wait for phone to be amswered. I tried to order 2 ham and cheese sandwiches. I was told to s l o w d o w n. I asked in Thai for 2 (song). They put the phone down. Not sure if it was ordered or not!. It turned up but just one arrived. I explained I asked for 2. They went back for the other.

water in bathroom was an off colour not nice to look at.

The alarm in the morning was not great (a stray dog barking outside our room!!

When we looked outside it was a dump!! We ordered breakfast for 7.30 - 8.00. I rang them at 8.10 and they said wait 2 minutes. i ordered food for 3 of us but only got 2 (what a surprise) was nothing special!!!

Glad to check out this hotel!!

Room tip: Avoid this unless you want to be in Benidorm!!!
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank michyandmatty
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stayed at Amora Beach Resort with my mother, father and younger brother, and I wouldn't stay here again.

When we arrived, instead of having a queen/king bed for my parents and two singles for my brother and I, there were only 3 singles. Another bed had to be brought in and instead of changing us to a room with the beds we paid for, they pushed two singles together for my parents.

There was a terrible sewerage smell outside our room that lasted the entire time that was putrid and strong. It was so bad on the second day we asked to be moved because it was just unbearable. I think it was from a Garden View to a Pool View.

Also the bathrooms are disgusting. Not well cleaned at all. It's bad when you don't even wanna shower or go to the toilet in the room you're staying in!

The pool was OK, and the beach was pretty crowded with people in lounge chairs. There are much better and more relaxing spots on the beach further down at other hotels.

The buffet breakfasts were probably the best part of this place, they weren't that good but they were better than anything else!

Room tip: Pick a room near the pool to avoid terrible sewerage smell!! Not garden view!
Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
9  Thank Jane R
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Have stayed at the Amora many times over the past few years and have always enjoyed it (did have a lovely welcome back) - but would never stay there again. The hotel is predominantly full of rude, arrogant Russians, who flout hotel rules. The hotel is now scruffy and tired looking. The pool closed at 9pm, but people still using it at 3am keeping us awake. Reception staff very good - breakfast staff miserable and unfriendly (which has never been the case in previous years) probably fed up with miserable russians. Breakfast awful - didn't even serve bacon. Rooms still lovely, pool lovely, grounds lovely, lovely beach. Will never return to Phuket whilst Russians still around - have totally ruined it - Phuket now is expensive - stayed in Khoa Lak before coming to Phuket (no Russians there) and significantly cheaper to eat and drink and more relaxed and friendly. Absolutely gutted that Russians have ruined our piece of paradise.

Date of stay: October 2011