Amora Beach Resort
$107
Movenpick.com
  • Pool
Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa(Karon)(Great Value!)
$138
Amari Phuket(Patong)
$150
$124
Amari.com
The Pavilions Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$208
$138
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
$169
$152
$114
Marriott Hotels
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort(Kata Noi Beach)(Great Value!)
$277
$220
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket(Karon)(Great Value!)
$298
$221
Priceline
$374
$335
Orbitz.com
All reviewslovely sandlittle tired in placestv channelsgeneral managerfresh fruitpoolsthai
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Having stayed here 4 years ago and loved it, I booked again with my partner for 6 nights and successfully requested the same room I'd had before (Delux pool room - 1210 - @ $77 AUD a night, an absolute bargain). Our room was on the ground floor with a balcony that led to the larger of the 2 swimming pools. The room is very spacious and clean. I don't recall the mattress being as hard the last time though. It was my partner that commented on it - I probably wouldn't have noticed. I love the location of this hotel as it's not too busy and congested like Patong can be. The usual breakfast buffet was on offer (included in the price). The large selection was pretty much the same every morning so perhaps more variety would have been nice. The staff here are terrific and greeted me warmly (especially Alex) having remembered my last stay. We had room service on 3 occasions which was very reasonably priced and delicious. We seemed to be the only Australians on site which suited me just fine. Most of the guests were Russian and Chinese. Not many children were staying which is another plus for me! The tour desk girl was lovely and helped us choose a couple of day trips. The hotel grounds meet the sand to the beautiful waters of Bang Tao Bay. There are a few permanently erected stalls on the beach selling souvenirs and clothes. A few restaurants are also within walking distance right on the beach. For a 3.5 star hotel, this is just perfect for me and I will stay here every time I'm in Phuket. My partner was equally impressed with everything on offer. (although next time he may request a slightly softer mattress!)

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room so you can walk straight from your balcony on to the grounds.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen_of_Oz
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The buildings from the outside are not super nice. Lots of German and Russian tourists. Huge hotel with a lot of rooms. Very near the beach (100m). Staff is OK, not amazing. Average ++ hotel, good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Cecile083
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My wife and i stayed there for 6 nights in August this year. We had stayed there last year as well. This hotel is good value for money. The rooms are a good size with everything you want. The resort has 2 large pools where a lot of the time in the off season you have half the pool to yourself. Hotel also has its own beach area with chairs and umbrellas. Large grounds. In the off season eating areas outside the hotel are scarce but we had a couple of meals in the hotel which were good quality and reasonably priced. Every Monday and thursday there is a good market within easy walking distance of the hotel. The only draw back is the amount of dogs hanging around the hotel and the area is very quiet in the off season. Staff were very friendly and when our power went off one night they immediately came round an fixed it at 11.00 p.m.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank arab520
Reviewed April 30, 2011

When we arrived, there was no water. Didnt think to tell us when we checked in. Water was off for about 5 hours and ran brown for the next day. Lovely. When we checked out they still intended to charge us for the c.50p of water we used from the mini bar as a substitute! No apology.

We booked online and paid about £30 a night. This was too much in my view. Their published rate at reception was over £100!!!!

Room very out of date. Fridge rusty. Mould in bathroom. All paintwork slightly yellowed.

Restaurant didnt have the food offered on their menu, hence, i guess, why every one of their restaurants was empty every night. Good buffet breakfast though.

Very nice beach, though pestered a lot by sellers of junk.

Mostly German people.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LondonLady148
Reviewed April 10, 2011

The hotel was clean and staff polite.
Two swimming pools, one very large and always almost always empty as people went to the beach which was also very nice.
Not a lot to do at night as hotel is out of the towns but a couple of good restaurants on the beach.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple