“Poor staff & organisation”
Review of Dive The World

Dive The World
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive The World Thailand specialises in Phuket diving, Similans dive trips, Thailand liveaboards and PADI dive courses in Thailand. Diving Phuket and the Similan islands is made easy with local Thailand diving experts
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Poor staff & organisation”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

1. How do you rate the service you received from the dive operator e.g. equipment, staff, facilities?
Name of Operator (liveaboard/resort/day trip):
Dive the World - 3rd & 4th Jan, 2011
Rating:
(5 – Excellent, 4 – Very good, 3 – Good, 2 – Average, 1 – Below average).

Please explain:
-.The girl leading the snorkelling wasn't interested in us. She didn't ask our names or about our experience or tell us where we were going. Five went in the morning. Two of us were checking the size of fins on board and she and her colleague said how stupid we were putting them on before we got to the back of the boat. I was the only one of the five who wanted to snorkel in the afternoon. She wasn't aware I was ready, or I wanted to go so I went out on my own.
- On our first day we were given a taxi to take us back to our hotel, as arranged on line, along with another another lady. The taxi driver spoke no English, didn't know where he was going and when I told him our hotel (Takoluburi) he insisted on saying Marriot and took us there. He did keep saying it was a good taxi.
-On our second day our daughter was booked to dive but depsite giving all the information (days in advance) she ended up without a wetsuit.
None of the dive staff on board cared at all about the people snorkelling or diving. Local people helping with equipment etc were good.

2. Please describe the best part of the service you received from Dive The World (our strengths).
Booking with Khun Oor was very efficient & courteous & led me to expect good experience.

3. How could we improve our services in the future (our weaknesses)?
Dive masters & crew need to realise what a responsibility they have looking after people in a sport in which there are many fatalities every year.
Wewere asked no to use the toilets on the small boat & then of course the dive staff did which summed up their attitude really.

4. Please take 2 minutes to rate us and submit your review of Dive The World on:
n or recommend our services

5. Which country do you come from?
UK

6. Would you like to receive our fun and interesting newsletter once every 6 months, plus monthly updates?

Visited January 2011
RepetitiveDiver, Manager at Dive The World, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Thank you for review. We are sorry to hear that the operator has failed to live up to your expectations and we note the shortcomings you detailed.
We are glad however, that you were satisfied with the service provided by Dive The World.
Periodically, we pass on customer feedback to the operators so your comments will not go unheard.

Thanks again.

santa cruz
“Excellent service in booking a liveaboard dive trip in the Galapagos”
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I used Dive the World to book a trip on the Aggressor I in the Galapagos. Dive the World had a good range of choices of liveaboards, competive prices, were knowledgeable about the options, and really helpful and patient in making the booking. They were also flexible in payment options and times, ensuring that I got a good deal on the trip and that the booking was as painless as possible. They also sent me timely reminders about paperwork that also prompted me to remember that I had something to look forward to when I was mired in work! This is the second time I have used Dive the World to assist in making a diving holiday booking, and I will definately use them again. Only problem is, after the fantastic diving and service on the Aggressor, it will be very difficult to find anything to match up! Diving the Galapagos should definately be on every diver´s list. The boat took us out to Darwin and Wolf where the best diving is - loads of hammerheads, tuna, other fist, rays, eels, sea lions, dolphins, and Orca!

Helsinki,Finland
“Very helpful and prompt service”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We booked a 4 night liveboard on Mermaid II through Dive The World. DTW's service was very professional, helpful and prompt both before and after sales.

Definitely recommendable as a booking agent for liveboards in Thailand.

Winterthur, Switzerland
“excellent service”
Reviewed January 17, 2011

It's already the second time that I booked my dive trip through Dive the World and both times I was very pleased about their fast replies, competent answers and easy booking system. Because a liveaboard was cancelled on very short notice they had to find me a replacement which fit into the time frame and also my budget. Well done! I certainly will book through you again!!

Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great information and responsive to post-booking requests”
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Dive the World's website was useful and helped us decide on a liveaboard. They were always responsive to email requests regarding the booking and were helpful. We would use them again and recommend them.

Visited December 2010