“first scuba dive”
Review of Dive The World

Dive The World
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive The World Thailand specialises in Phuket diving, Similans dive trips, Thailand liveaboards and PADI dive courses in Thailand. Diving Phuket and the Similan islands is made easy with local Thailand diving experts
Reviewed September 26, 2010

we chose DTW for our first time going scuba diving and it turned out to be a fine decision. we hired an instructor for one on one training and ended up having a total blast. we love ocean excursions and justin, our instructor, made the whole thing totally comfortable and mostly, safe. he was great. we were one of the only first timers, many were getting certifications and also seemed happy with their experience. i look forward to my next time underwater.

1  Thank redhedgurl5
There are newer reviews for Dive The World

Reviewed September 19, 2010

Some friends of mine had booked a dive holiday to Malaysia through a local travel agent and I was very disappointed I could not afford to join them. However I found dive the world, offering the same resort for much less exorbitant fees and was able to not only go to the same place, but Vic from Dive the World was so helpful in ensuring I was on the same transfers, dive groups etc as my friends too. He was extremely patient with all my requests big and small and always answered promptly.

Needless to say I will certainly use Dive the World for any future diving holidays and as they have such an extensive variety of places and options I'm sure it will be more than once! Their website has such a range of destinations I doubt I will book any dive holidays in the future without going via Dive the World - and my friends are all agreed now that they will too!

Reviewed September 13, 2010

I am just back from a wonderful dive trip on Sipadan booked through Dive the World. All the way through the planning, booking process and during the trip we recieved an outstanding service from Vic from Dive The World and I will definitely use their service again - great local knowledge, very proactive service and quick response to any queries.

Thanks from Kim & Mikael

Reviewed September 2, 2010

Personal and friendly service. Great advice on all aspects of the trip. Very useful website and all in covered everything prior to my trip. Dived at the SMART resort in Sipadan on the recommendations of Pascal and was very pleased with everything he had arranged. Would definitely use again.

Reviewed August 26, 2010

I always do this myself - finding and ordering hotels and resorts, looking for places and conditions. This time a looked at nice internet site of this company, read ther declarations and trusted my holidays being organised by 'Dive the world'. What result did I received?
1. Slow reaction on my e-mails, when I got really warried, had to use skype to communicate with them.
2. Higher prices on a resort accomodation then it stated in many other places for the same room type. No answer on question 'why'.
3. Payed 100% deposit and waited THREE days before 'Dive the world' confirmed that they got my payment. In the very same bank that I payed from - just two mouseclicks away.
4. Due to their slow response, we could not get all of our holiday at the same resort and had to move to another for last two days. My wife was furious about it (didn't want to stay two days on converted oil rig in the middle of the sea) and left two days earlier.
5. No information that actually the resort accomodations was very poor equipped for living for a VERY HIGH price. No air conditioning, rusty mirrors, not even a TV, very poor overall impression for as much as 500US$ per day per room. I'd consider 50$ really fair price for that apartment. Talking about Sipadan Wated Village resort.

By the way - diving was very good. But I'll sure pick another company and another resort next time on Sipadan holidays.

1  Thank MikeInterpreter
divetheworldwithus, Manager at Dive The World, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your review although I am sorry to note it isn't all positive. I will try to respond to your comments:

Slow email responses - we have a team of email responders who always strive to reply quickly with informative responses. This is one area for which we consistently receive praise, so I am surprised and disappointed by this.

We generally sell at the same price as the resort or liveaboard itself. Never more. Often less in fact and indeed at the time of writing we are running Malaysia specials making us cheaper than all of them.

We cannot confirm receipt of funds until they are received. Was this over a weekend perhaps?

I am sorry your Sipadan experience was not to your satisfaction. Booking well in advance is recommended. Your comments on the resort are noted.

Thanks