“Unbelievable experience...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 839 Specialty Lodging in Phuket
Phuket, Thailand
“Unbelievable experience...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

I am a resident of Phuket and have had the pleasure of spending a number of weekends at The Village Coconut Island, my most recent stay was in September for a friends wedding that was hosted at the resort. Even though it is only a 5 minute boat trip from the island I live on, it still feels like a far away tropical paradise.
The manner in which the resort hosted the wedding was absolutely first class.
There were 140 guests, all staying in the luxurious and clean villas, who were each treated to a weekend of excellent pampering and tranquility.
On some of my previous visits my family and I have also enjoyed the array of watersports available for use on the resort and have even enjoyed some late night drinks with the fabulous management who are very friendly and hospitable.
All in all a world class resort...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

This was my second visit to Coconut Island and I loved it second time around just as much as the first time. The villas are stunning, super high quality fit out with the most amazing wooden staircase! I loved the showers, from the bamboo hose type affair next to the pool to the rain shower in the bathroom. The villa was kept very clean and the staff were very helpful. If you are looking for a peaceful getaway, this is the place to go. Despite the fact there are quite a number of villas on the island, you feel as though you are in your own little world. There is a restaurant in the resort that does great thai and western food and plenty of restaurants nearby including some great seafood places. Ask reception to visit the floating restaurant around the corner - it is lovely.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ascot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

What a superb weekend! Fantastic Villas, staff couldn't do enough and great food. An island paradise, We'll be back as soon as we can. Many thanks to everyone, truly memorable

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Phuket Town, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

It was good to stay in a house with friends, for a weekend break away from my home, which is also my office. Internet, telephone, business centre....? I don't know if they were available, and I did not want to know. The short boat ride from the mainland left all that behind.

I liked the village concept , with individual houses, each with their own kitchen and garden. It was like being at home away from home, but with a resaruant and bar just a short stroll away; quite different from a regular hotel It was great to wake at sunrise to the view of islands of Phanga Bay floating on the horizion; I am a morning person, not a night owl.

The beach was ok, clean but otherwise not great as beaches go. Depending on the tide the sea could be reasonably clear, or quite murky. Each house has its own private garden and pool. Personally, I prefer swim in water that is doing something, the sea or a river; I am not a fan of swimming pools. I was told that the resort can take guests to a beach on a nearby island where the sea is clear regardless of the tide.

For a group of people (family or friends) wanting a break from the rat-race The Village is ideal. Honeymooners and other romantics would probably find it good too. Night life, shopping, and more are available on the mainland without too much effort (boats run all hours) but to me they are not what Coconut Island is all about.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed here a year ago, I am late in posting my review since I just came across the Village's Tripadvisor page.

What was supposed to be an idyllic last getaway before our baby arrived turned into a small nightmare.

The hotel takes no responsibility for the guests safety at the pier or getting on or off the boat. I fell while trying to go from the pier to the boat, I hit my head on the side of the boat and ended up in the water. The lighting was broken and even when it is working the pier is slippery and it is not very safe.

My husband asked for a doctor to be sent to our villa to check me as I was in a lot of pain and of course concerned as I was pregnant. We were told no doctor could come and to go to the hospital. There was no help in calling a taxi, nor did anyone check on me the rest of our trip. We asked several times to speak to a manager and always got some runaround that he was away or busy. In the end we were accused of lying about the fall, that I wasn't careful enough. The hotel did offer a 10% discount on our next stay but after how I was treated I wouldn't return.

The villas are to die for, just beautiful, as are the private pools. The beach isn't great and as others mentioned there was a lot of seaweed.

If I had been treated better I would have given 5 stars however, after my experience with this hotel I would much rather stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank bojomania
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

From the transfer across to the island to the transfer back the service and attention to our enjoyment of the long weekend was perfect.
We stayed in a two bedroom villa which was one of the best I have so far seen on Phuket. Very well designed and with a very high build quality.
Phuket is getting a little overcrowded so to find a resort within a 5 minute boat ride to all the facilities Phuket has to offer but with such a relaxing atmosphere was a joy.
The restaurant is excellent and refreshingly good value and there is a small spa with a much larger one under construction. We were there for a wedding and it was clearly well planned and thought through. The only down side was getting caught in the rain on ther boat trip back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

Great escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Private pool was amazing, relaxing and perfect for both couples and families. The only disappointing factor was there was no beach on this island.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple