The Village Coconut Island Beach Resort
CA Residence(Phuket Town)
Plus Mansion(Phuket Town)
Phuketa Hotel(Ratsada)
View Hotel
Hop Inn Phuket(Phuket Town)
View Hotel
The Royal Residence(Phuket Town)
  • Restaurant
1,830 results
All reviewswater taxiprivate pooljacuzzi suiteall inclusive packagedeli restaurantfloating restaurantroyal phuket marinaluxury escapesrang yai islandbeachfront villaboat servicewater slideslow tidea short boat ridemain islandvillage coconutmaster bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just spent 10 fabulous days at this resort, a little piece of paradise, surrounded by beautiful ocean views! Our pool villa was great, plenty of space and kept very clean by the staff! The restaurants on the resort were lovely, serving excellent food and the restaurant staff were very helpful, on my birthday they surprised me with a cake, candles and an excellent rendition of Happy Birthday! The on the beach dining looked beautiful and the resort staff were always willing to go the extra mile, Dan especially was FANTASTIC! Happy hours drinks were always good, while watching the beautiful sunset over Phuket! I would definitely recommend The Village Coconut Island, can't think of a better place to chill out, enjoy the sunshine and meet some great people, we will be back again as soon as we can!

2  Thank Chris K
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Just spent 10 days at the village coconut island in Phuket....had a fantastic time this place is fantastic, great staff, great service and a lovely island... The resort manager Dan is great really helpful and nothing was too much trouble. 100% return next year for me and my family, many thanks to all for making our stay a great one.

Room Tip: The Villas on the beach front are amazing well worth the extra few baht to stay in one
2  Thank Copasshaun
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Just spent a wonderful week on the island resort. Had a wonderful time, very helpful staff. Big thanks to Dan the manager, a wonderful host and a good bloke. Very relaxing atmosphere, sit back, relax and unwind.
Ivano and Susan
Sydney Australia

Room Tip: The pool villas are excellent value
2  Thank Ivano B
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Booked a Jacuzzi suite for 7 days & arrived at The Coconut island resort in very wet conditions. Could have provided umbrellas but in their defence upon walking in the rain to the pier they did provide "ponchos". We arrived at low tide but none of the staff knew what was going on with the transport to the reception. Taxi fares are fixed. Getting out of the taxi, 6 inch deep puddles of water needed to be waded through before you get to the pier. It also floods in the 2 walkways from the lower suites to reception. Reception staff had a language barrier so not all questions were answered. So wear slip on footwear on a rainy/wet day! Wi Fi connection is free but VERY slow! Blackouts occur every so often but the emergency generator kicks in quickly. Our Jacuzzi suite looks out over lawned areas to scrubland and hills in the background. Front desk staff state spa is open to 9pm But reality is it closes at 8pm. Massage vouchers are only usable between 9am -2pm. After 2pm you can pay for their service. Book a few days in advance or the limited spaces are soon booked. Best to use the light switch with the dimmer as other confusing switches turn on different areas. Spacious well aired room with a 3/4 high wall separating the bedroom toilet and shower. Spa (cold water!!) needed to be turned on by ringing reception several times & the gardener came. It has a timed cycle so if you stay in it for a while expect to call reception to reset timer again! Winston was a great help in the Asia dining room with his skills of a "Matre D" Wine prices were the same as a cocktail so why not indulge especially as happy hour cocktails are 1/2 price! For a change of dining go to the pier where you have a huge selection of seafood & western mix at great prices!! Hire a bike & explore the other side of the island through locals streets & don't forget the insect repellent as there are plenty of mosquitos galore!

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower side have less noise from the electricity generator
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank robzAdelaide
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife and I, stayed in a Pool Villa for my wife’s birthday week, 9 days in fact. Because of Chinese New Year the hotel had 100% occupancy. Picked up from the airport as promised, nice drive to the pier. We arrived at the back pier late at night. (There are 2 – back and front. ) This was a little daunting, no real lights and nothing we could see to indicate where we could go. So Chinese guests, who didn’t speak any English - took pity on us and directed us.

Check-in was easy, fast and nice. Taken to our villa - and it was pretty nice. Lighting was good, romantic, pool crystal clear....

First day the resort had issue with their electricity supply, which also meant no running water. Dip in the pool - not too bothered. This actually lasted off and on for 3 days - so starting to bother us now. The Island has 3 generators, so although power can be lost from time to time – for all 3 to be out was pretty unusual. The room was cleaned every day - perfectly. The girl who came in had a most infectious smile and should be moved to a department where she will interact with more people. (in Villa52 if management would like to compliment her.)

Our first trip to the bar for happy hour was nice, but really no-one at the bar. The drinks are good, but they are relatively expensive. We went to the bar most nights, and there was never really anyone there. This gives it no atmosphere - it's a shame. The resort provides singers on at least 2 of the nights and they really are good, but something is missing. Over our time there I actually asked a few people what they felt was wrong. I’ll elaborate later.
There are 2 restaurants on the beach side. The Tamarind – which is where the main bar is, and an Italian restaurant. We ate at both – the food was ok, pizza from the Italian was nice, but again most evenings when we ate their –it was pretty much empty. By the way, the staff could not be friendlier if they tried – it’s not that! The Tamarind is where the breakfast is served – nice, not exciting, but consistent.

Both my wife and I had a massage at the spa. Very good, top class – expensive I think, (2970 B -each) but pretty much fully booked so they are doing something right. One small gripe – I’ll cover at the end.

On the 4th day we met Cian, one of the management team. We had a couple of small issues and I took them to Cian. He was a perfect professional. Given the 100% occupancy – he was looking a little frazzled. His name came up when talking with a few people around the bar, but always very complimentary. After a short chat with Cian, we arranged for my wife and I to have a romantic dinner for 2 on the beach that night. Seafood platter. It was quite perfect. (Better with no mozzies, but hey) and by the end of it my wife felt very special.

On a number of days we took the long tail boat, this is an excellent service, frequent and free.
The beach – when the tide is in, it looks perfect, when it is out, it reveals a muddy bay, which is not so nice to walk on, no-one seems to swim from it. We walked part way around the Island on one day, through some mud, past the village, over 50 metres of rock, more mud – to a lovely secluded beach. A nice adventure.

We used the Kayak one day, but there are strict restrictions on where you can go on kayak. This is a shame and makes it pretty useless.

Over all the resort is lovely. But it has maintenance issues and I’d call it internal marketing issues. They have bikes you can hire, but little signage saying where. They have a boat that goes across to a perfect sandy island, leaves at 11 – comes back at 3. Stunning, lovely food from the small bar there. The cleanest toilets I have ever seen on a beach – crystal clear waters. But they do not advertise the boat. It’s costs 700Baht for a return trip, not much at all, but having seen the comments on here about their own beach. Making that trip twice a day and making it free and advertised would remove all of those comments and potential criticisms, as it is a perfect sand environment.

Even with 100% occupancy the bar was empty – they somehow managed to keep all the Chinese away, which was a huge shame. They really need to look at how they change that. If you go by Long tail back to the mainland there are a few very nice seafood restaurants – and maybe that’s where everyone went each night. It was certainly cheaper than the hotel restaurants. The Resort needs to look at it’s pricing and marketing and how to keep people on the Island, without simply reducing the ferry service to lock them in!

For our last 2 night Cian offered to move us to a Grand Villa, right on the beach front. These Villas are stunning. Not much more can be said. Loved every second of it.

I mentioned that I asked a few people why they didn’t hand around, happy hour, or use the spa more. The answer was the same from everybody. Every item in the complex has an advertised price. In most cases, this price is a little high, but ok. You know you are in a very good resort, and that’s fine. When you pay however, every item ha added Tax, but also an added service charge. This gets on every bodies nerves. Happy Hour drink at 170Baht, isn’t by the time you pay. Massage at $x000 baht, expensive but lovely, is actually more. It’s not a Thailand thing, it’s a resort thing. If a drink cost me 200 instead of 170, that’s fine, but this hidden cost sucks. It really does get on everyone’s nerves.

The Resort does have more facilities and activities, but you need to stumble on them, they really are not advertised well. I wouldn’t know they did dinner on the beach without talking to Cian. The ferry to the perfect beach – didn’t know about. Few other items too. The book of facilities in the room needs serious work.

The resort, looks lovely – but after 4 years, they need to step up the maintenance.
The Staff, at all levels are the highlight of the resort and currently, probably covering over the shortfalls.

The resort is surprisingly noisy – the long tail boats start early and mate quite a bit of noise. The method for most of the staff to get from A-B is motor bikes, or motorised transport, again noisy late at night. I think they resort should invest in some electric vehicles, golf carts etc.

We stayed in a pool villa, the guests we spoke to in the Jacuzzi suits had way more issues than us.
I’d love the opportunity to stay at this resort again, but I wouldn't do it for 12 months. I think they need time to do maintenance. Ideally they would close for 2 weeks and do it all in one hit, but I doubt that will happen. They are trying to update the water pipes, work on the generator, maintain countless pools and Spas, and it is just getting away from them at the moment. It’s a shame as it really should be a true 5 stars, but isn’t.

Room Tip: Pool rooms, so much better than the jacuzzi - they have little or no view, and way more issues.
6  Thank Graham D