The Village Coconut Island Beach Resort
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$86
$66
Amari Phuket(Patong)
$144
Amari.com
$122
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort(Karon)(Great Value!)
$167
  • Breakfast included
Twinpalms Phuket(Thalang District)(Great Value!)
$161
$123
Patong Merlin Hotel(Patong)(Great Value!)
$101
$104
Trip.com
$346
1,840 results
All reviewswater taxiprivate pooljacuzzi suiteall inclusive packagedeli restaurantfloating restaurantroyal phuket marinaluxury escapesrang yai islandbeachfront villaboat servicewater slideslow tidea short boat ridemain islandvillage coconutmaster bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I spent 3 nights here with my family and had the best time. The food was excellent along with the staff. The hotel grounds are immaculate. Check in was fast awe stayed in a jacuzzi villa. Beautiful room and cleaned everyday to my satisfaction. Big thanks to dan the resort manager who was wonderful throughout and made our stay extra special. All activities were amazing. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone. We have great memories from coconut island. They are now our coconut tales.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Ashmanator, General Manager at The Village Coconut Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Jamo B,

Thanks for taking the time to review The Village.
We are pleased that your Coconut Tales will be remembered so fondly. Dan will be thrilled that he made such an impact and also that you enjoyed so many of the activities on offer.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the food and staff, it's always good to be appreciated, they will be delighted.

We all look forward to hopefully seeing you for some more Coconut Tales in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

upon arriving at the village on coconut island my first thought was 'wow',beautiful beaches with overhanging palm trees,restaurants and pools backing onto the beach it doesnt get much better than this.we were greeted by the manager Dan who was very welcoming with drinks and cold towels,he was also very helpful throughout our stay here assisting us with any questions we had about activities on the island.we stayed in a 2 bedroom pool villa room which was amazing in everyway.the facilities on the island are also very good,from sailing to playing tennis there is enough activities to keep you occupied in the day or just laze around the pool.and take in the tranquil atmosphere.the time we spent here will never be forgotten,so much so we are all planning on coming back again next year,thanks to dan and all the friendly staff here,see you all again soon.;-)

Room Tip: a jacuzzi suite or private pool villa are perfect in every way
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear joe b,

Thank you for reviewing The Village on Coconut Island.

We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with family and friends, it sounds like you had a great time.
Thank you also for saying such lovely words about your impressions of the island when you arrived. It often takes people aback when they do arrive. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your own two bedroom villa, it is great to have your own private pool.

Dan will be thrilled that you appreciated his presence and naturally that he had such a positive impact on your stay.

Thanks once again, looking forward to seeing you here at The Village again.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was our second trip to Phuket and we decided to get away from the some times over bearing west coast. Traveling with a few friends we opted for the 3 bedroom sea view which was truly fabulous, All the conveniences of a modern day villa with superb views and private pool.
The location was perfect for us, quiet if you wanted it to be but really only a short trip to the Island and all it's activities.
Rooms were clean and well appointed, Staff very friendly and food good although expect hotel prices. make sure you try the floating restaurants or Lam Hin Seafood (at the pier) for some authentic well priced food.
There is a good selection of water based activities which we used and a great jumping off point to explore the Islands in Pang Nha Bay.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: There is a wide selection of rooms available, go to the web sight to pick one that is suitable for you and if you can afford get one of the grand villas
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bdg2000

Dear bdg2000,

Thank you for reviewing The Village.

We are all thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much.
It is interesting that you purposely chose The Village because it is away from the busy west coast. Particularly that you still managed to enjoy that part when you chose using the frequent water taxi service. That was one of our main original concepts and why we are actually on Coconut Island.

I would agree that the villas are fabulous, particularly the views. I am pleased that you noted that the staff are friendly and the food was good. I must also agree with your local recommendations.

Thanks once again for your review.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have to say I'm not quite sure what the occasional poor review was for! The problem with star ratings they mean different things verses what we all want. I have stayed in the Dorchester in London and the Adolphus in Dallas both beautiful. This hotel deserves 5*...... why?
When the taxi dropped me off at the pier, the walk to the hotel water taxi on the jetty told me I was going somewhere private and secluded......stunning. Upon arrival at the hotel from the boat I was given a nice cold juice whilst my room was organised.
Everywhere in the hotel is immaculate and spacious. The staff are lovely, the food is somewhat delicious, the pools are lush with the infinity pool being the best.
It's October and I have experienced a drop of rain!
The food isn't expensive unless you are comparing it to local street food. Angus burger and fries is £5! in the Hilton uk it's £12!
To anyone looking for somewhere secluded, calm, relaxing, stunning, etc, this certainly deserves more than 5*.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2012

As it was going to be our first trip to Phuket i decided to book a resort instead of city centre hotel as we were on a very leisure vacation however our expectation was not reach whatsoever.

the hotel is nice, located on a big private island and it is the only hotel in the island. we booked a transfer from the airport and the taxi dropped us off at the pier. they have complimentary boat service every 15 minutes, nice touch though, although the journey is only 7-10 minutes, it was very pleasant to arrive at the front pier when the tie was high enough to reach as it doesn't happen often. on the afternoon/evening you have to get off at the back pier where normally one of their buggies will come and pick you up. the villas are well appointed, i got a complimentary upgrade to 2 bed pool villa however every member of the staff or others guests could see us from the path to the restuarant or back to their villas. not very nice to see the staff every single day checking us out at the pool. on our first night, we went to shop and on our way back i saw one of the staff peeing at my front garden, he turned around and say " how you doing man?" - not what you expected from a 5* Resort managed and owned by English people, J.

that was not obviously the only time we got a problem at the resort. we normally spent our vacation visiting the old towns of the cities we visit and so we did therefore the amount of time we spent at the hotel was mostly nights and early morning for breakfast but during that time we got 3 electricity cuts for a total of 20 hours not counting the sleep time.

the way in and out of the hotel must be through the back or front pier. the front pier is excellent, no issues at all but the back pier got too many health and safety issues are the ramp to access to the island is rusty, badly damage by the water and wind with no members of the staff around as the boats are managed by the local on the island. those buggies are not always enough to carry the number of guests that can fit on those boats so we ended it up left alone to cross the jungle for about 2km or walk on the dark through the road. no electricity apart of the hotel so the management should really look into it.

The other and more important issue under my point of view is related to the housekeeping department, there is no consistency on how the room should be cleaned, the forgot the cleaning stuff couple of days, took away the pillows, not changed of the towels for 5 DAYS.....come on!!!

We have stayed in last week so it was very hot and humid as usual in October but not having AC and no explanation was up to the standards of this type of resorts. sometime they even cut the electricity themselves - I have been told by one the staff members, not sure why.

the food was very good, no fresh juices, good pancakes, nice eggs selections cook in-live was great however not real coffee.

Some of the members of the staff are way trained that others taking into account that most of the them are from the island.

if you want to phuket town you must take a taxi, the locals are waiting for you at the beggining of pier, very pricey compares to what you get on your way back from the town. very cheeky people.

they dont allow the old school tuc-tuc pick us up from there so not real fun tour around phuket with those "buggies". do it at phuket old town - 50 baht - 1 hour. if you get a good driver he can also a great guide around the city. we spent 6 hours and visit the whole city in one day. brilliant driver, thank you so much T.

Overall it was ok, nothing special but Phuket deserve a visit, only one though. The village in coconut island not really!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AntonyLa
Ashmanator, General Manager at The Village Coconut Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear AntonyLa,

Thank you for reviewing The Village here on trip Advisor.

You have mentioned many points that I will address below, however, I would like to point out that there are some unfounded and incorrect statements within your review. Sadly we do not feel it is fair when false statements are made, so will correct them for the benefit of Trip Advisor viewers.

Firstly, we are all saddened that you did not enjoy your overall stay here with us. We always try our best to ensure that all our guests enjoy the very best of what we have to offer. You have not enjoyed your stay, so either we have failed to deliver or your expectations were misguided. From reading your review, it would seem a little of both.

I am pleased that our limousine service collected you from the airport and delivered you efficiently to the pier on Phuket. I am also glad that you enjoyed the complimentary water taxi from Phuket to the resort. I would like to point out that the water taxi operates every 30 minutes from both Phuket - resort and vice versa. This service operates from 6am until mid night. After mid night the service operate on a "on demand" basis, which means when our guests arrive at the Phuket pier, we bring them to Coconut Island immediately with no wait at all. We believe that the frequency of this service ensures a very efficient water taxi service. Bearing in mind that most island resorts often only offer a water taxi service 2 or 3 times a day (24 hours). More importantly, our service is free of charge, most island resorts will charge up to 2,000 baht per person per trip!!! Not bad at all.

Phuket is located within a tidal area. That means that the sea level rises and falls by up to 3.5 metros at times. When we are experiencing an extreme low tide (depends on the position of the moon), it is not possible to approach our front pier. At these times we have to operate through the local community pier. This is on the back side of the island and requires a pick up service from the community pier. We endeavor to collect all guests from the back pier within minutes. At no time is anyone expected to walk. The community pier is exactly that. It is managed by the local community and we are restricted as to improvements that we would like to make. The local community have been using this pier for decades and we respect that it is theirs and we are privileged to be able to use it. All piers are lit by lights, electricity provided by our generators.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you a free upgrade to a two bedroom pool villa. It is a shame that you were unable to appreciate it. Part of our concept here at The Village is to keep the concept as natural and green as we can. We do not build walls between every villa, we prefer to use landscaping. Landscaping can change with the season as in most parts of the world. At certain times it can thin out a little as it is going through it's annual cycle, these periods, the "blocking" can be reduced, but as I say, we prefer this to brick walls everywhere. I can assure you that our staff work within the resort day in day out, I doubt that they would have been particularly fascinated with you specifically.

I was shocked to read that a member of staff was "peeing" in your front garden. I can't say that it didn't happen, but am amazed if it was my staff. Maybe it was another guest?? I just can't believe that my staff would do that and I would be even more amazed if they greeted you with "How you doing man?".

We have been upgrading some of our electrical infrastructure this month. But all works have been carried our between 11am and 4pm. It is impossible that you were out of electricity for 20 hours during night time and breakfast time. Unless there was a specific problem with your villa that was not reported, it is just impossible. There were only 3 villas that were affected by this scheduled maintenance and we personally spoke with the occupants of those villas.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the house keeping. I am a little confused though, I don't understand what is meant by " they forgot their cleaning stuff"? The housekeeping department work in teams, all with their dedicated trolley or buggies that are loaded with "cleaning stuff", how they could forget them I just don't know. Our policy is to change linen and towels every 3 days unless guests require more frequent changes, which we are happy to do if requested. This is detailed in the information packs in each villa. The pure reason is to do our little bit for the environment. Some people consider changing towels and linen daily wasteful and very environmentally unfriendly.

Every villa/ room has air conditioning. The AC is controlled by a central card system in each villa, if you are in your villa, then the air con works. If you are not in the villa, then there is no need to have air con on? Again, this is our little contribution to reducing global warming. It is also common practice in most if not all hotels in these climates.

You mention that we do not provide real coffee. Our coffee is delivered twice weekly. It is freshly roasted the day before it is delivered, therefore ensuring that it is as fresh and real as possible.

Being located on Coconut Island, we endeavor to support the local community in every way possible. Employing local people to work within our resort is something that we are proud of. Bearing in mind the local community previously were fishermen and boat builders, we are pleased to be able to offer them a new and challenging avenue in life. Some of them may not have been educated as we are in the west, but they work hard, they love to serve and they always do their best with the biggest smile. These local people mainly work in the housekeeping departments or landscaping teams, which they are very proud to be part of. The customer facing staff are qualified and trained to do their jobs.

The taxi systems in Phuket are controlled by the local councils, we have no influence over how they operate and the fares they charge. I can tell you that Phuket has a fixed tariff island wide for all taxi's and tuk tuk. If you found a tuk tuk that could drive you around Phuket for 50 baht an hour, then you were very lucky and he was probably working illegally. The fact of the matter is, I have never known a motorbike taxi, let alone a tul tuk to go anywhere for 50 baht, not even 100m.

I do not normally feel the need to answer reviews in such detail, but when our resort is being mis-represented, I will correct the untruths.

Thanks once again for your review.