“ISLAND PARADISE”

The Village Coconut Island Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 849 Specialty Lodging in Phuket
“ISLAND PARADISE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Spent 1 week experiencing fantastic food (admittedly not a sophisticated pallet) professional personal, and nicely appointed accommodations. This island has been well planned with a store (liqueur,milk,fruit,stamps) restaurant's, sailing, and massage. Western toilets (no paper), open showers, split unit air conditioning (work very well), large king size beds (good mattresses). Travel to and from Coconut is free and convenient. Rented long tail boat to Naka island and jet skii'd. Cannot recommend any place higher than here. Only downside is coping with the angry, self absorbed, inconsiderate tour bus clientele.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Rob L
Ashmanator, General Manager at The Village Coconut Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Rob L,

Thank you for reviewing our resort.
It sound like you had a great time here at The Village, we are all very pleased.

We would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our vast range of facilities and activities, they all contribute to a holiday with lots of options.

Your comments regarding the tour bus groups are noted, we do try to ensure that the groups do not have a diverse affect on other guests, sometimes it is not easy.

Thanks once again and we hope that we get the chance to see you here at The Village again in the future.

Mark Ashman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gold Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This is a fantastic place if you want a pure relaxing holiday. You are on a separate island so if you want to go to town to do a little shopping you must catch a boat then a taxi. But if you want that time with a group or family or just a couple to relax then you will love it.

The villas are wonderful, we had a jacuzzi villa for my husband and I and was lovely very private and perfect for us. The gardens could do with a bit of work as Thailand normally has very well manicured gardens ours was a bit weedy.

Breakfast was great, food good more expensive than off the island but still very nice. Staff good. Pool is great had a water slide even I went on a couple of times!

Would I go back? Yes but with a few friends in a big villa I think that would be fantastic!

Happy hour very slow! And waiting for transport when boat docks sometimes slow when all you want to do is get to your room after a big day. But all in all nice place :-)

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank gemtlovestravel
Dear gemtlovestravel,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Village.
It would seem that you had a great time whilst you were here. We are all very pleased that we were able to provide you with a wonderful experience.

Your comments regarding the "weeds" have been noted, we do try to ensure that all areas are looking their best at all times. With over 33 acres of landscaping, this is some task and occasionally we are not quick enough to catch those weeds!! Thanks for letting us know.

I note that you actually stayed in October 2011, I am pleased to tell you that we now operate our water taxi direct to the front pier of the resort, so transport is no longer an issue. I believe when you stayed we were completing some important maintenance of our front pier.

We are all pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in one of those big villas!!

Round Rock, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I spent a week at The Village Coconut Island in July of 2012. This was a family vacation with my wife and 7 year-old daughter. I can truly say that this was one of our best vacations ever. The beachfront villa was amazing... The service was top notch and everyone on the staff was genuinely friendly and caring. My daughter had a great time participating in the kids club activities as well as meeting a few new friends. The food in each of the onsite restaurants exceeded expectations. I highly recommend a visit to this resort if you are planning a stay in Phuket. That is if you enjoy peaceful getaways, but also being close enough to all the other activities that take place in Phuket.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a beachfront villa - well worth it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BlueWaters58
Ashmanator, General Manager at The Village Coconut Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear BlueWaters58,

I would like to Thank You for taking the time to review The Village.

We were all thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here so much. As you say, the beach front villas are spectacular. I am also pleased that your family enjoyed the food, service, kids club and everything else.

We are all looking forward to having the chance to meet you and your family again.

scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Visited coconut island for 6 days in sept 2012 and first impressions it looked amazing but once we got shown our jacuzzi suite we were very disappointed as its not a 5 star. The pool had missing tiles, the decking was broken and bathroom area was in need of refurbishment but to top it all I found a cockroach inside a glass in the kitchen area so that was the final straw so we contacted the reception and asked to speak to hotel manager. Our luck was in as it was an English man called Bernie who came to our room straight away and he looked shocked once shown all our complaints. We had travelled with friends and they had same villa suite as us and they were disappointed too so Bernie decided to offer us new bigger, better villa if we were willing to share so we all agreed and moved. Wow wow wow what an upgrade we got a true 5 star villa with 3 bedrooms, kitchen dinning room, lounge, patio and large pool. We were finally delighted and couldn't thank Bernie enough. All I can say is if your thinking of going book a large villa on the front with sea views, they are all stunning but would not recommend a jacuzzi suite as they were very disappointing. The resort is very relaxing with 2 restaurants and a cocktail bar so if your looking for more its not for you but the views were stunning and the boat trip across to the mainland was lovely(free) We enjoyed only because of upgrade and would not return unless we had same villa

Room Tip: Beach front villas are stunning
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank feeeScotland
Dear feeeScotland,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Village.
I was very saddened to read of your first impressions when you arrived. The Tropical jacuzzi Suite was obviously not prepared well enough, for this we sincerely apologize.
I was slightly more pleased that Bernie was on hand and managed to resolve the situation.

The Beach front Grand Villas are very very special, I am sure you were very pleased when you received this upgrade. I notice that you have only put 2 stars for the rooms section of the review, despite describing the villa you stayed in as "wow wow wow wow". I didn't really understand that?

Thank You very much for taking the time to review The Village

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had stay at the 2 bedroom sea view with a private pool 4 nights, that's make my drem come true I can swim at my private pool no matter what time, that really great it couldn't be more relaxing after hard working In Hong Kong.
The great job the village team do is fantastic, specially Ms. Khun La she make a great impact with her warm and lovely smile for me, I remember that the day she was cleaning the room next to our villa, and I was looking for the towels and sugar, she just put down her work on hand, and get the things for me in the very short time, that is really tell me that she is a really helpfully person.
The last day after I check out I saw Ms. Khun La, She give a hug with her warm and lovely smile and she saying that hope to see me soon at the Coconut island, I feel so happy to have her lovely smile with me on the way to Bangkok. Thank you so much Ms.Khun La I have a wonderful time while I saty at The Village Coconut Island, I will strongly recommand my friends and myself will come and stay again.

Thank you Village team you guys did your great job specially Mr. Tom Gordon , Ms. York, and Ms. Khun La, I will come back and see your again I promise.

Room Tip: Room on the sea view villa just few step you can get to the beach
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sunshine Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Booked our accommodation through Livingsocial deals. Was very delighted with our find. We absolutely love the island and the day trip to Rang Yai Island. Food was awesome as were the Thai Massages. A perfect getaway from the hussle and bussle. A really relaxing time yet close to the mainland for some adventure. Would have stayed for longer if we could. They need to fix the generator as it switches off around 1-2 am which switches off the AC. You wake up all hot and sweaty and have to get up and turn on the AC manually. We actually traveled in Feb 11.

Room Tip: All pretty much the same I think. The water front is all time share.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank travelmad_11
Dear travelmad_11,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Village.
We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay here and that your particularly were able to relax.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed the food and the Spa, of course would help you relax.
The generator does not require fixing, we run 3 generators over a 24 hour period which we rotate every 8 hours. Whilst we are switching from one to the other , there is a short cut. This normally lasts no longer that a minute or so. Normally our air conditioning units are programmed to come on automatically if there is a cut, I do apologize that yours did not, it must need re-programming.

Just for the readers benefits, the water front Grand Pool Villas are not timeshare only, in fact none of our accommodation is timeshare only. All our accommodation is available to everyone.

Thanks once again for taking the time to review The Village.

tropical regards

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have just got back from staying at The Village and I had a fantastic time. When you come around the corner of the island on the taxi boat and see the village lit up at night you realise what an amazing place this is and it makes me sad that people have reviewed it unfairly. I think that some of the previous reviewers fail to understand what a great job the village team do, it is on an ISLAND, so they run all the power on a generator and although the power switches from one generator to the another 2/3 times a day it is off for less than a minute; where as on main land Phuket the power-cut's that are very frequent last for hours! Here you get every comfort in an island surrounding, it couldn't be more relaxing in my opinion.
I stayed in a two bedroom villa with a private pool, I felt so at home reading by the pool that I barely need to leave the Villa.
I enjoyed so many parts of the village; the spa is wonderful with great staff, I had both a Thai and Aromatic massage which were brilliant, I think everyone should try a Thai massage purely for the experience of clicking in places you didn't think were possible and the aromatic was blissfully relaxing. The cooking school was also brilliant I learnt how to make Khao Soi Gai which was one of my favourite curries at the village! Both restaurants were also great, The Deli and Tamarind produce excellent food and service with a smile, I loved the Thai green curry and fresh watermelon juice! There is also a shop on the island; cocomart where you can buy all the essentials, food and drink plus souvenirs like t-shirts and postcards (which they will post in reception for you). The bar on the beach front is the best place to have a drink, when the sun is setting you really wouldn't want to be anywhere else. There is so much diversity in Phuket sometimes it is hard to believe it is all in one place. Phuket old town was a favourite of mine with great places to eat and drink, yet there was nothing nicer than coming back to the piece and tranquility at the Village. The staff were always welcoming and friendly, in fact the only downside for me was that it rained for a few days but they can't contra the weather! I hope to be paying the village another trip very soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank HCRABTREE
Dear HCRABTREE,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review.

We were all thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here so much. It really seems that you appreciated all that The Village has to offer.

Thank you for understanding (and pointing out) that the inconvenience of a few seconds power cut is such a small price to pay for the special surroundings that you can enjoy here at The Village.
It certainly sounds like you managed to get out and about, enjoying Phuket Old Town is one of my favorites. What it does highlight is that one can enjoy the idyllic island and get the busy night life if one wants to.

They cooking classes are great fun, I hope you keep practicing, thai food really is great.

Thanks once again for the review, we look forward to seeing you back here very soon.

Tropical Regards