“Knock off tour” 1 of 5 bubbles

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Knock off tour”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

I had booked Phi Phi and Maya Island Tour via JC Tours and although I knew that they are simply an agent, what we went through the tour was totally unexpected. Right from the start, a lady-looking boy was trying to persuade tourists to buy bread for monkeys and rent fins. I didnt get either as I had read advices from Tripadvisor review.

The cruise by fast boat only took us to 2 islands ie Phi Phi Island where we had lunch - dont expect much so wasnt disappointed. Then we went to Khai Island where we had to fork out another 150
baht for 2 persons to rent 2 deck chairs and 1 large umbrella. Only fruits were provided.

Although the itinerary states that snacks and drinks were provided, they were rationed and served only intermittently.

Worse is that the boat was packed with 50 people - some even didnt have seats.

This is a terrible operator - by all means, AVOID. Ask your tour agent who they are using. If it is Sea Angel Cruise, AVOID.

2 Thank Merpati88

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Terrifying, Stranded, Boat Ran out of Gas in Storm.. HELL in a boat at sea”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I wish my wife and I read reviews before booking this so-called Island tour. It was the worst tour experience of our lives and we feared for our lives and safety.

When we got on the packed boat without life vests, our angry, large, and mean tour guide "C" immediately started yelling at passengers. The whole tour she treated us like step-children she despised, never stopped yelling at us, and never smiled. At our first stop, Maya, we stayed for 20 minutes and the boat started to leave without us even though we were standing next to the boat. The lunch stop was awful and our guide screamed at all of the passengers to hurry up and eat.

The real nightmare began on the way back, which was an hour early because of stormy weather. Immediately the boat started having engine problems as the storm pelted hard rain on us. Soon it was apparent we were lost and the nasty guide asked if anyone had an internet connection so they could find out where we were. As we ran low on gas, soaking wet and lost, the boat stopped at an island to try to find gas. No explanation from the guide or crew as to what was happening and everyone on board, including children, were extremely confused and scared. I was worried we were going to get stuck out at sea, so I was relieved we stopped at an island. After sitting in the boat for an hour, we all got off to use the restrooms, get some food, and make sense of the chaos. The guide said it would be another hour before we got gas. Still no apologies...
After an hour we got gas and then back on the bumpy ride for 45 more minutes. I have never seen a more miserable group of people in my life as I did on the boat that day. Children huddled against parents, seniors yelled at by the guide, my wife and I ignored when we asked basic questions like "where are we?" and "can we please know what is going on? Are we out of gas? Are we lost?"

The whole experience was a nightmare. I honestly feared for my safety and wonder how this company can legally operate. I've traveled all over the world and have never experienced such an unprofessional, nasty, and uncaring tour company. PLEASE AVOID this company if you care about your personal safety, health, and want to be treated like a human being.

3 Thank Dibber2727
auckland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Avoid at all costs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Did this tour today with my brother . Wish we'd checked reviews but was quite last minute .
We didn't get to Maya Bay and had no real explanation as to why . In total we must have spent about an hour at phi phi including lunch , which didn't look edible .
The boat was crammed , nobody was wearing life jackets . Snorkelling was okay but cut from "30 minutes to 20 minutes because someone is sea sick."
Everybody was seasick , into the bin . The bin wasn't replaced .

Our final stop Khai Island , was promised two hours of relaxation but in reality was an hour and a half .

At the end our tour guide asked everybody for a tip and screamed at one poor family who offered 20 baht .

"Go back to your own country , keep your money there's nothing I can afford with 20 baht," he shouted at the poor kid .

Horrific . Disappointing . Avoid , avoid , avoid .

2 Thank lilkelzboo
Balikpapan, Indonesia
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Worst tour service ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

They canceled trip to Khai Island because some passengers with kids asked to get back to pier because of rain. Most of adults passengers wanted to continue to Khai, but still they canceled Khai trip. They didnt care.
When we were back at port, they made us wait 2,5 hours until the 2 other passangers on the other boats arrived, then they get us back to hotel. Many passangers had to wait 2,5 hours for 2 others passengers? You must be kidding me. But they didnt care about our complain, especially the manager, the driver and the ladyboy guide.
Avoid this tour service!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Hilman F
perth
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“overcrowded floating sewer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

after being picked up from hotel by mini bus I arrived with my wife at the crowded tourist trap departure terminal for the Sea Angel.
first thing that I noticed was the incredible amount of people and the ladyboys with out makeup
screaming through megaphones that everything on PhiPhi very expensive and to buy at shop at terminal to save money.
Do Not believe these people as they are conning every one.
One example being a bottle of water at the terminal was 50 Baht,which is not a lot to pay ,
but when you get to the island the same bottle of water costs 20 Baht.
After bundling everyone down the gangway to board the boat you will become aware of two things as you arrive,One being the screaming of over 100 kids and their oblivious parents and Two being the acrid putrid smell coming from the toilets.
As a plumber by trade I thought that I had smelt the worst,but the Sea Angel is a winner by far.
( It takes a lot to make me gag )
Trip to the island was fairly un eventful ,even though the boat was packed ,my wife and I still managed to get a seat down the back of the boat on the sea level deck.
If you sit here just be prepared for a cold trip as the air conditioning blasts from the back.
2 hours and thousands of kids screams later we arrived at the island only to find out that they were only dropping off some passengers and the rest of us were of to do snorkelling .
Please refer to other reviews on the snorkelling and monkey beach.
I can only add that hundreds of people who cannot swim jump off the boat and feed copious amounts of bread to boring little fish( I stayed on board )
oh and the monkey beach is not even a beach ,it looks like a rocky out crop on the side of an island and I did not see any monkey .
They then took us back to PhiPhi where at last we were able to disembark and pay 20 baht on the jetty for an environment fee .
Despite this levy on every passenger there is no evidence of this fee being used for the environment .
The water in some parts of the island are badly polluted and not suitable for swimming.
Now for the buffet lunch on the Island. AVOID THIS GARBAGE ..I have never seen my wife spit out food before this encounter,you have been warned.
The best thing you could do is once you are off the boat, take a right as you get off the jetty and get your own food from one of the many little restaurants.
After a short time on the island it was time to go back to the overcrowded stinking boat and for the next two hours ponder on how the hell did I get on this boat without doing my trip advisor homework,and why after seven visits to Thailand I still get caught in over exploited Thai tourist traps.

Visited April 2014