We are a conservative Indian family of 4 (two daughters 9 yrs and 16 yrs of age). As you might... read more
We are a conservative Indian family of 4 (two daughters 9 yrs and 16 yrs of age). As you might... read more
Wow! What a rush this was for my wife and I, who were both first time jumpers. We've never done anything extreme like this but we are so glad that we did.
The crew at Jungle Bungy Jump is awesome, they're super efficient and thorough. The owner, from New Zealand came across as very professional. The crew wasted no time getting us up to the top for the jump, for which we were very grateful, as we didn't want time to talk ourselves out of doing it. At no point did it feel uncomfortable or rushed- just efficient. All the safety checks were done is a very serious manner. On our way up the photographer distracted us from our fear by chatting with us (as much as he could!)
After the jump we were given a bravery certificate that details the height of the jump, as well as 2 SD cards, with photos from each of our jumps. We're currently still on vacation and haven't looked at the SD card photos yet, but if they look like anything like the photos on the website they will be amazing. I'll upload a couple that we took of each other doing the jump from the bottom. Don't overthink it, just do it!
My son and I did two solo jumps each. As always this is exhilarating and breathtaking experience. For Adrenalin junkies must do activity.
You can get taxi from Patong for 100 BHT if you negotiate but standard price is 200 BHT one way, Taxi will be happy to wait for you to do your jumps and take you back.
We took the package with the video and the pictures included, its definitely worth it as you get second jump for free (2nd jump must be the same person) and you have 2 types of recording of your jumps! Your record both jumps. Package cost is 3700 BHT, and we bought the T shirts 350 BHT each extra.
They were very professional in your preparation for safe jump. Two guys were doing separate safety checks, and that gives you confidence that you will be OK.
Once you are on the top, you have few seconds to enjoy the view before you are told to get ready for jump. If you don't have courage to leave the platform, jump master can push you for 100 BHT ($5.00 AU).
We highly recommend this activity to anyone who wants to feel alive.
The jump itself is ok-ish but the supervisor behind the reception’s cold, disinterested demeanor is a complete turn off. Very minimum safety briefing prior the jump so it felt a bit dodgy to start. The idea of giving pictures in SD card is very outdated and you don’t even given a chance to look at your pictures! Such an unfortunate & bitter experience for this supposedly fun activity. Wouldn’t recommend this, go do something else or jump somewhere else but this place.
I did a tandem jump with my daughter and she also did a solo jump. We took the package with the video and the pictures included and thought it was very worth it (especially because doing that made the second jump free!). Everything seemed really safe and well-run. They booked us a taxi for pick-up and drop-off, no problems at all.
We are a conservative Indian family of 4 (two daughters 9 yrs and 16 yrs of age). As you might know, Indian families are not the adventure thrill buffs. Yet, we had decided from day 1 we planned the Thailand trip that we will bungee jump. For me there is a bit of history. I had first visited this place around 2007 during an official conference trip to Thailand. At that time, I came with my colleague who did the jump but I chickened out!! From that day I regretted that I should have taken the plunge. So, here I was re-visiting Phuket once again, but this time with family. And so great of my family, that my wife and my elder daughter not only encouraged me to bungee jump but they also said that they will jump too!! Wow!! I am so proud of them.
So, here we were at 9 am sharp when this activity opens in the morning. All this while, specially the previous evening and the morning we were getting butterflies in the stomach about this activity. We were scared no doubt. All of us were jumping for the first time!
Firstly, this place is old and very professionally managed by folks from New Zealand. We did our bookings through Klook. Must admit got very small discounts unlike the big discounts which you get in Klook. Costed us RM 272 each. Sounds expensive for an activity but really worth the price at the end of it. So, you can just land up there and do the jump. No need to pre book as per me. But, for us one good thing was that since we had pre booked there was no option for us to back out! We had to do the jump. Me, my wife and my elder daughter. Whereas my younger daughter of 9 years took all our videos screaming out of our wits:). The New Zealander makes you sign the declaration and is very matter of fact and to the point. Which is good in a way. He just goes about his regular way of doing the job as if you can bungee jump even in your sleep. It kind of reassures you that this is very simple. No need to build any kind of apprehension.
Once you all sign the declaration, then one by one you need to proceed to the preparation area. Here, your weight is taken so that they can adjust the rope in such a manner that you swing till what is required and nothing more or nothing less. Here there are a group of 3-4 crew people who are very professional and courteous. After the weight you are made to sit on chair where they start the process of putting together the harness around your legs (hamstring). This they do by putting roll of cushion and then tightly putting a rope which then subsequently attaches to the bungee rope. They make it so tight that you get a sense of security that yes this looks quite good. But, after that you can't walk so they tell you to hop to the lift which is an iron cage kind of a thing with a seat. Here there is only 1 person who is with you. Before you start going out on the lift there is a series of security check between 2 people as they count down to each and every crucial item. Post that we are off going up in the lift with this only 1 crew person who is quite a funny and nice fellow. He talks to you constantly about how you are feeling, where you are from, etc. As the lift goes up, you are like wondering whether to talk or to feel scared as your throat runs dry. And then the lift finally stops after 185 feet or something. Oh man and you see yourself so high. Your heart really starts to beat faster. And then the person instructs you to hop towards the ledge on the side which is open just for about 1 person. Oh man, when you reach the ledge and look down or around, you are like oh no, what have I opted for. Then the person tells you not to look down and look ahead and then tells you to lift your hands up on your sides. Man, that's really scary because you want to hold on to the last thing possible and he tells you to leave everything. By the way, there is a funny notice on the lift that you have to pay 100 THB for a push. I really don't know if this is serious or a joke. Anyways, then he starts the countdown, 1-2-3 and whoa you just jump hurtling towards the lake...and everything becomes a blurr...wow, what a thrilling feeling when you fall down. And then the first time the elastic rope catches you and pulls you up. And you go up and down like a yo-yo until finally you come to a still hanging upside down on the rope. Then you are extended a pole by the crew who stand on a jetty on the lake. You have to catch hold of the pole upside down which is kind of a funny feeling. Then you are pulled down by the pole on to the jetty upside down till they remove the rope. And you are free. And you have done it! Wow, what a feeling of achievement. You will hear the crew checking on you if all fine and very soon they will hand over a certificate of courage and the fact that you have bungee jumped. Real sense of achievement.
Some other things to be noted:
- there is ample parking space around as it is in an open wooded area.
- the location is beautiful. This is a clear extra. It is a lovely lake over which you bungee jump. Also the lake is covered by trees from all sides and it is a lovely green wooded area. It is isolated from the rest of the world and hence gives you a very nice feeling over and above the jump itself.
- you will need to take off all your jewelry, watches, etc. in case they fall off in the lake during the jump.
- you have to do the jump barefoot. So, don't worry about what footwear you are wearing.
- there is no dress code. For women, just ensure that your t-shirt is tightly tucked in to your shorts, jeans because when you jump and you are upside down, your t-shirt tends to come down to your heads and you are all bare shoulder downwards!
- all first timers will scream like the world has come to an end. No need to feel embarrassed about it. You can scream as much as you like and however you like. There is nobody to disturb you or get disturbed:)
- there is a lovely cafe which we noticed has eatables, drinks and ice cream. Though we did not have anything
- there is a toilet a little far away from the jump area. But, since it is out in the woods, we found it was crawling with insects inside. We found it difficult to use the toilets under such circumstances. Looks like all the insects came overnight because we were the first ones in the morning. All of us cribbed about the bad conditions of the toilet. And that is the reason why I have not rated this activity 5 stars. Hope the management makes a note of this and gets the toilet cleaned even before the first customers come in.
- we checked with the crew if a person with a back problem can jump as I was having some back problems. And they said yes, no problem. And actually there was no problem at all. So, anybody can bungee jump. If my wife and my elder daughter who is 16 yrs can do it, I tell you anybody can do it. So, you have no excuses. I have also seen in reviews where they advise you not to eat much. Well, nothing like that. It doesn't make any difference. You can eat all you want not a problem. Though my wife and daughter did not eat much for breakfast that day mostly because they were terrified to bungee jump:) The only thing I noticed while signing a declaration that you should not be drunk. So, please note that is the only condition. Please don't do this activity in an inebriated state.
- like most adventure activities, rides, it is not so scary when you finish it. It is just scary before you actually do it. Even bungee jumping is like that. Very scary before. But very thrilling and easy after you do it. So much so, that you would like to do it again.
- there are lots of other stuff which you can do here. You can take a go-pro video or you can opt for pictures being taken, etc. But all for extra charges which are pretty steep. But, we didn't want any of that as we got our younger daughter (9 yrs.) who did not jump obviously to take charge of taking our videos from below which she did beautifully. Also, there are other options like catapult bungee, tandem bungee, etc. Please check on their website for all the extras. Also, there is another interesting one whereby you get to take a dip in the lake when you jump. They probably adjust the rope in such a manner that you take a dip. Well, I thought I will go for that but didn't. Maybe next time!
- each jump takes around 10-15 minutes. That's it. So, for the 3 of us, we finished within an hour. And we were very happy and left with a big sense of achievement for the rest of the day!
- the crew is very professional and courteous. They talk to you nicely to calm you down and they give a sense of confidence that they know their job. That gives a sense of security which is very comforting. Only the New Zealander owner who kind of curtly tells you that there is no refund for not doing the jump. Which is ok because he is doing his job after all.
This is something we can never forget. After so many days of butterflies in the stomach, we finally have a sense of achievement that we did it. And that too in a very nice location and with professional people running the show.
Fantastic and friendly staff who really care about your safety and well being, location was super handy and the bungy was amazing! Highly recommend