“Phuket Pro Drive”

Phuket Pro Dive & Sail Co.
More attraction details
Owner description: Phuket Pro Dive offers professional & personalized PADI scuba diving courses, daytrip and liveaboard diving trip around Phuket, Phi Phi and Similan Islands. Coordinate Private Boat Charter for Diving, Snorkeling, Fishing & Sightseeing is our specialty.
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Phuket Pro Drive”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was just reading through some Phuket information, and thought I would drop a line about our experiences with Megumi and Richard. Our first trip to Thailand was about six years ago and came across Richard and Megumi on trip advisor. We had them arrange a few day trips for us, went to the Friday night social( at least 3 times on our first trip) the Sunshine bar, etc. Our first trip was just my wife and myself.

Since then, we have been back four times, with children, grandchildren, friends and neighbours. On two trips there were over twenty of us. Our daughter has come on her own, taken scuba diving lessons with Megumi, and we use them to help book tours and trips ahead of time from home.

Megumi always gets back to us and all the bookings have been taken care of with no problems. We will return to Phuket and will continue to use Megumi and Richard, as we consider them trustworthy; they can give advice on places to go away from typical tourist attractions, plus they are just nice people.

There is no question, that by being introduced to "Phuket " by Megumi and Richard, it is one of our favourite places to holiday .
We will be back, bringing all the friends we can muster up for another memorable holiday.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank anthonyhenday
Megumi16, Owner at Phuket Pro Dive & Sail Co., responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Every time you and your family & friends show up to here, we feel it's a Christmas time. It's always great to see you and our pleasure to organize tours and activities. Must to say dinner we had together on the last trip was something !

Hope you will be back soon with lots of family and friends !

Singapore, null, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“diving with Megumi”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We chose to dive with Phuket Pro Dive because of a recommendation from a friend and because we wanted a more personalised coaching and training from our instructor to figure out my girlfriend's struggles in the water and to develop some best practices if we were to dive together in future. It was great as we found out later on that this was aligned to Megumi's belief and preference for smaller group classes.

We met Megumi on the first day of our arrival. Our first impression of Megumi was a friendly and sincere person, which was validated during our diving trip with her the next few days. Megumi had lived in Phuket for more than 30 years (or was it 20 if I hadn't heard it wrongly) and is an experience instructor. Unlike many of the other instructors that I had met, Megumi made effort to get to know her customers on a friend-to-friend basis, and was both professional and good-natured.

She briefly shared with us the plans for the next few days and prepared our sizes for our equipment. I was excited to start diving after hearing so much about the Phuket dive sites. The next day, the minibus came to pick us up from our hotel. Everything was well organised. We reached the jetty and met up with Megumi. She guided us to the boat and our equipment were already there. The boat was a live-on-board dive boat and was huge, with breakfast served the moment we got on board. There was soft drinks, tea and other basic necessities of a dive trip provided. I guess this was new to Sophia as she whispered to me that she could finally understood why diving should be relaxing, as compared to our past diving trip in Koh Tao with Alvaro.

During the entire course, Megumi was patient in highlighting to us our area of weakness, and her passion for diving and the marine life was definitely apparent. It was almost like a personal coaching that we got from Megumi, which was good especially when my girlfriend had trouble with the water on her previous dive trip. Megumi even lend my girlfriend her handed-down wet-suit (which was from her mother's friend to her mother and then to her) as the shorty did not provide her with enough warmth. We thought it was very generous of her, especially when the wet-suit was an item of memento.

We were happy to complete our AOW and to have the opportunity to dive with Megumi and Phuket Pro Dive in the end. During the entire trip, she never fails to give us her attention whenever there was some free time to get to know us better, or for us to know her better. There was never a moment when we felt left out on the boat or unsure of what was going on. But what made the trip most rewarding was not just the fact that Megumi was skillful, dedicated and enduring, that we have learnt a great deal about diving from her, but rather, the opportunity to have build a friendship with Megumi over the course of our diving trip. (She even uploaded the photos for sharing, sorry for taking such a long time to upload the photos on my camera!!)

Visited September 2013
meyori, Owner at Phuket Pro Dive & Sail Co., responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Because of such comments, I think I love to be doing what I do. I am glad to see what kind of divers you became ! Keep it up and hope to go diving again with you here in Phuket !! WF.
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“I became a fun and safe diver!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I knew Megumi through a friend who had taken lessons from her in the past. I earned my Open Water and then my Advanced the following year with Megumi. She was informative, patient, thorough, and ensured that I was safe in the training and for future dives. I have talked to many new diver friends who learned from other instructors, but none of them are "on par" with the safety techniques I have attained from Megumi. We have become friends and last year I took her along on our 3 day live aboard trip. She is extremely organized and flexible, and I am so lucky to have learned my diving skills from her to ensure that my passion for this sport would be a lifelong one.

Visited March 2013
GREAT to hear how you feel about diving and the course you took. Thank you for such comment. because some one like you to say what you said, it keeps me going as a diving instructor. Surely looking forward to go divng agian with you in the near future.
France
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The best dive company”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I recently dived Phuket through Phuket Pro Dive - Richard and Megumi are the best. Richard organised my dive program and Megumi was my dive guide - both very friendly and made my diving in Phuket very enjoyable and relaxed....thank you so much.
Cheers
Michael Woollard

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Michael W
Tokyo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Phuket Pro Dive Discovery Scuba Trip”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went on a discover scuba diving trip in Phuket with Phuket Pro Dive & Sail's Megumi with my girlfriend who had never scuba dived before. She took us to a beautiful small little cove and we practiced before starting out. My girlfriend was a bit nervous but Megumi was very calm and friendly and my girlfriend could relax enough to go scuba diving. The diving was amazing since the water was perfectly clear and we could see so far. Everything was very well organized, and we had enough time to do everything we wanted. We felt very well taken care of and I can't think of anything that could've been done better. Phuket Pro Dive is very different from other companies in Thailand that rush you around and ask for tips. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2012