“poor animals and dirty cages”
Review of Phuket Zoo

Phuket Zoo
Reviewed March 3, 2014

this zoo experience was really bad.The zoo is unbelivable dirty and smell animal urine.Animals are really neglacted and miserable.If you like animals pls do not go there and do not make your holiday terrible also pls do not give them money because those money are not going to animals

Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

This zoo is possibly the worst I've ever seen. The elephants are kept in an enclosure far too small for them. They are chained up with sores all over their bodies. They rock back n forth as though they have lost their minds. It's heart breaking to see what these magnificent animals have been subjected to. I am ashamed that I paid to enter this zoo. The poor orangutan they have sat there posing for pictures flinches every time the Thai cameraman waves his hand past him. The ape looks at the floor in disappear as tourist take their pictures. People are ushered along to keep the cash flow going and there is no feel of interaction with the ape who has lost the will to live. The ostriches have lost all there feathers, the one tiger is chained up so it can't even lift its head properly, no water, can't walk. the list goes on. Please do not support terrible place. It's needs to be shut down n animals given to welfare organisations.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

After reading all the reviews on here me and my partner were not to keen.

The zoo needs investment that is very clear there is mess everywhere and to many trees which leave the ground very damp and green.

I can see how beautiful it could be but all the ponds, fish tanks, animals water and enclosures are green which is off putting!

The animals are in some poor looking cages and very small. To be honest they sell food as you walk in and around the zoo which I think is great for kids and adults to see animals close up. We went at about 11am and I didn't notice animals coming and begging for food like some people have said on here.

The shows are pretty good to be fair and I think people forget it is Thailand!

Elephants were a bit disturbing how they kept rocking back and forward and couldn't move, also didn't notice any water for them in the cage. They were getting fed constinatly but keepers and public.

When we were there we did notice someone cleaning out bird cages whilst chatting on her mobile....

When people say don't visit here I think they are wrong if people don't visit here I dread to think what would happen to the animals, tourism keeps this place going and I would hate to see the animals be slaughter because they can't do anything with them. Another thing people have to understand is how people live in Thailand is very different to what other country's are like and how they treat animals.

We had our pictures taken with everything and bought food to support the zoo!

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I'm totally disgusted how they treat the animals. The poor elephant's are so malnourished it's disgusting, they are chained up so they can't even take one step & were treated badly they had sores were they have been hit & you can see all there bones especially one of them around the scull. Seems like the zoo does not feed the elephants they only get feed off people that buy the food & feed them... how this zoo is still open is beyond me. Didn't stay very long I left in tears