“Poor animals - death sentence at the zoo....”
Review of Phuket Zoo

Phuket Zoo
Sydney, Australia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Poor animals - death sentence at the zoo....”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I went to this zoo with my daughter who thought it would be great. I don't support zoo's and wouldn't have gone. When we got there we were asked if we wanted to purchase food for the animals. So I was like no, but then i realised this is was maybe the only food they get. When I seen the elephants I went back and purchased some food. The elephants were skinny and had skin missing from where their ears flap. I think they were dehydrated and under feed. We couldn't do anything but I think these elephants are suffering and they should get a vet on site to help out. The bird cages are shocking. One bird couldn't even manage to stay on the branch and was laying in the corner like it was dead. These birds never get on the ground. Also the cockatoo was missing all its feathers and look in bad shape. I'm not sure what's going on at that zoo but those animals need to be cared for, it's a death sentence.

Visited January 2014

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Depressing”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I actually read reviews of this attraction before going to Thailand and decided not to see it. However when we did a "sightseeing" tour with a taxi driver he took us past it and as kids didn't know what they wanted to do we thought how bad could it be. It was bad. I felt like crying the whole time. The kids were upset. The animals just wanted attention, they had no grass, gibbons had no trees and just wanted to get out of the cage, elephants were chained to poles and swaying on the concrete. The crocodile were taunted in the crocodile "show" and my son said it would serve them right if it bit their heads off. Couldn't get out quick enough. I'm extremely annoyed with myself that we made the decision to step foot in there, paying about $100 Aus for 5 of us. I almost feel that going we have condoned the treatment of it. Very distressing.

Visited December 2013
Rosebery, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Do not go here!! Animal cruelty!!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

There are no words to describe how horrible this zoo is. I had read the reviews and didn't want to come but I was travelling with friends who insisted we come here. I was in tears within minutes of walking in the gate. All of the animals are chained up and look sick and bored. There is no grass at all and all of the enclosures are just concrete and are dirty. It is the most horrible place I have ever seen.

Do not give your money to these people.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Westcoastblonde
Malaga, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Phuket Zoo”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This zoo should not be visited because the animals are not cared for. Please do not support cruelty!

Visited November 2013
Newcastle, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Phuket zoo - Don't go”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This zoo broke my heart along with my husband and 2 children. The animals are chained and appear to be in distress.....elephants and a tiger. Large snakes in small boxes. Monkeys in steel cages with cement bases. Their swinging bars were rusted. No plants in cages or other toys to help amuse them. The crocodiles were constantly hit with sticks in the show. The other crocodiles in cement pens had rubbish in them, very small area for the amount of crocodiles.This was the most depressing place I have ever been to. We didn't stay long. I had asked staff at our hotel about it before going and was told it was good!! It isn't. I can't rate this.

Visited January 2014