“THE WORST ZOO I HAVE EVER SEEN”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Phuket Zoo

Phuket Zoo
Bergen, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“THE WORST ZOO I HAVE EVER SEEN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Before I went to the zoo I read few criticizing reviews on Tripadvisor and thought that people are overreacting. Believe me they not! That place is terrible. Cages are too small and dirty, animals dont get water or food. We went to see a tiger and poor animal was very thin and did not had a water in his cage.

Greedy people just want to make some cash and dont care about animals at all. I will never support that place with 500 Baht for each ticket again!

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“only go here if you have no problem with the abuse of animals and support animal cruelty!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Zoo is rundown and some of the cages for the animals are appalling! I'm not sure how they get some of the crocodiles to tame but I'm sure its done in a nice way to the animals. sounds like they might be drugging them before shows but still not sure on that. I'm sorry I ever supported this disgusting place with my money so they can continue to abuse these animals!! stay away!!!

Visited March 2013
4 Thank bustyrusty
Hornbaek, Denmark
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Animal cruelty, filth and bad maitenance”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was by far the worst zoo I have ever enountered. Animals locked up in small cages with no stimulating surroundings, overcrowded areas like the crocodiles where maybe a hundred animals are sharing very little space, bird of prey sitting in small confinements forced to listen to music playing all the time. The zoo was filthy, not maintained and frankly depressing and should be shut down or totally renovated.

A miserable orangutang was bullied by its keeper, and was showing fear and anxiety.

If you like animals, do not go there!

5 Thank MiguelMolina
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“zoo of cells and concrete”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had the misfortune to visit this zoo because my younger siblings and cousins wanted to see animals.What we didn't expect to see was a very worn out environment surrounded by concrete and a less than pleasant feeling when viewing animals. Very few of the 'habitats' were catered to the animals residing in them, and they just seemed miserable. There were a few elephants chained up with small chains that did not allow them to move more than half a metre, this almost brought a tear to my eye. The kids were less than thrilled and I would not recommend this place to anyone, these animals deserve better

4 Thank peweara
Newcastle, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Phuket Zoo -an absolutely disgraceful display of animal welfare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

this is the most horrible place and my husband and i were only there for less than half an hour
the elephants are chained up with few links so they can only stand in one spot all day swaying their heads backwards and forths
the tiger is forced to stay on a table chained up from morning until late afternoon getting fed between some photos and then smacked in the head if it isnt facing the camera
from the few inclosures we chose to look at we noticed a bird with a deformed or broken wing,
drinking water in the cages seemed to be non existent and a crowded crocodile pit
Im sure rapists and murderers would probably get better treatment in prison than these poor creatures

4 Thank TrinaB83