“The best food in Pattaya ”
Review of Caravan

Caravan
Reserve a table
Tue, 5/24
8:00 PM
Ranked #10 of 1,440 Restaurants in Pattaya
Description: The Caravan restaurant offers a wide range of national meals of Central Asia cuisines such as Uzbek and Kazakh, including a good selection of Russian and Ukrainian national dishes. Designed to look like a traditional caravanserai, where travelers could rest and recover in a charming atmosphere and enjoy shurpa, shashlik kebab, pilaf, lagman, samsa and other delicious meals prepared with love.
Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

We were very lucky to have lunch in this restaurant. We had soup, shashlik, samsa & chicken. Each food was better one another. Shashlik was so tender, chicken was juicy. We enjoyed our lunch for 500%. Restaurant onwers Albert & Zamira are very welcoming & nice hosts. I haven't eaten such tasty food even in restaurants in Uzbekistan. Must visit restaurant!

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank 85alisherk
Write a reviewReviews (731)

Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

I visited Caravan for dinner with my Russian friends, the Uzbek Pilaf , Dolma , Compot , Kebab , Mushroom Salad .
The chef was kind to serve us some of his new recipes as tasters.
Very good service. Excellent food.
Since this was my first time eating Russian food there is only the quality I can judge this restaurant on and the quality is top notch.
My Russian friends told me that the chef had made all the dishes very close to the food they eat back home.
Will visit again for sure. Highly recommended.
Just wish the chef made the Uzbek pilaf in a khazan.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 13, 2019

I loved the food from different regions and it was all very delicious. Thank you for a delicious meal. Now my friend will eat more Russian cuisine from this day.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 31, 2019

I was very curious about this place, as not often people wander through such cuisine outside ex-soviet republics. I don't have big experience in central-asian food but I have found the meals delicious and good quality. Portions are also pretty big, guaranteed you leave with stomach being full. I have tried so far only central-asian food, not being interested in Russian or Ukrainian as I can eat them in East-Europe. There is room to improve for service though. They are not unfriendly but should smile more. Just taking the order and leave immediately with pokerface is very basic, and they also don't talk. Soup and 2nd dish are served together, which I find strange. Also English skills of staff needs to be improved. However noticed waste majority of customers are Russian so ... manager lady and cook are very friendly, can speak basic English beside Russian and very helpful. I gave 4 stars, but only because of servise staff related issues. Food is definitely worth 5 stars.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 29, 2019

I drive up to Pattaya from Rayong to go shopping and have eaten here several times now. The food is always of the highest standard. Its not a cuisine I really know, but you can tell when something has been cooked with care and even love!

The soups are wonderful - my favourite is the cold Orkroshka. The Manti great, the Uzbek Pilaf savoury and delicious, the pickles, particularly the tomatoes, are to die for. I agree service is not always tip-top, but it is friendly and food comes out of the kitchen when it is ready. The owners are very hands-on and welcoming.

Yes, of course many things are (have to be) pre-cooked and then microwaved, but anything that has to be cooked, or assembled fresh, like a salad or a kebab is made to order (and may be slower). I always come for lunch when the restaurant is fairly quiet and have never had a bad meal or bad service.

"I only give 5 star reviews and only if I think a place is really good"

Date of visit: May 2019