“Just one huge problem”

Ranked #198 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Townsville, Australia
“Just one huge problem”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I need to start by saying the girls on the front desk have a hard job and do well under the pressure. I had a very bad experience checking in, basically the official hotel website receipt that I pre payed for the rooms on and upgrades was questioned by the staff saying that the system says I need to pay more for upgrade. I was like this is from your system that I booked on. After raised tensions, supervisor also telling me to pay more and me giving in under protest because people behind me are waiting and only one check in desk open. I was finally supported by hotel manager who I demanded they call when he said I was in fact correct. Upgrade charges are one off total for stay not charged per night like on local system. I then believe it or not had the same problem four days later checking out with new staff and me having to say wake up your manager. They argued with me saying you will pay now!!! Just fix the hotel management system please. I can't return and go through that [--] again. Again the staff are only as good as the system they use and this is very stressful for them as well as the one time customers, non repeat business sorry. Rooms no problems. Location no problems. Staff no problems. Experience caused by technology huge big problem.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear STWALL,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

First of all I am glad the Rooms and Location met your standards but I am sorry to hear of your experience at Check-in.

We have solved this issue as I believe the was an error in the information sent to our Front Office team following your booking through our Website.

We have now addressed and solved this so I hope your check-in and check-out will be smooth and courteous on your next visit with us.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to welcome you back.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

it was the worst experience i had in my life from a reception. They are so rude, not attentive at all. not a single smile on their faces and they act as if the customers are a headache. We were stranded at the reception without any concern and the luggage were lying out side of the hotel near the road and we had to watch our luggage. They didn't guide us to our rooms and we were lost in another building.
Rooms are not that clean. Bathrooms are very smelly. I do not know how they got their 4 star ratings!

But most of the staff at zia restaurant are really good.Even the tour counter people are very good and helpful . I will never go back to this hotel and neither will I recommend this to any one.

Room Tip: I do not recommend any room. I was at the executive room with swimming pool view. the bath room smel...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear dimu007,

Greetings from Pattaya,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback,

I am of course very dissapointed that you did not recevie courteous and attentive service from both our Reception and Bello Boy staff, this is of course not our standard and I have addressed this with the team.

With regards to the rooms we are undergoing soft renovations in all of the rooms but I am sorry to ehar you had a smell from the bathroom area we have now fixed this.

I am glad that you enjoyed the staff in Zia and I do hope that you would reconsider and give us another opportunity to welcome you back and provide a more appropriate level of service.

Thanks and kind regards,

David

Travelers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

ashtead
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

From checkin to checkout everything was average. The staff polite but bot as one would expect in Thailand. The room was ok although I had to change as the AC did not work but they moved me with no problem. Reasonable size reasonable clean and as been said before a little battered.
WIFI is fre but the connection and speed very variable. All in all ok but there are better places around at similar prices.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mikeheart,

Thanks for your review!

I am glad you were satisfied with the rooms and staff and that we were able to move your room when you had an issue with the A/C.

We have just recently as well improved the speed of the wifi so I hope you have a chance to come back to the Hotel again and we can do better to exceed your expectations.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel with my friends on a short vacation to thailand. Rooms were clean at the time of checkin but after that cleanliness had little disappointed me. Bathroom was very tiny but it was OK! The hotel pool was awesome and the best thing was location. Walk able distance to local market, indian restaurants & walking street. Hotel restaurant serves good italian food and veg burgers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear UditSharma,

Greetings from Pattaya!

Thanks for giving us your feedback.

Glad to hear that we met you expectations with the Rooms and Service.

We do have some great Italian specialties in our restaurant ZIA so I am happy your enjoyed that.

Our location is one of our selling points and great if you would like to be close to the nightlife and restaurants.

Appreciate again your review and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on your next trip to Pattaya.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel caters mainly for indian and arab clientel! We booked a standard room which was disgusting and run down! There were cigarette burn marks on the cabinetry and lino floor, mucus on the wall like someone had spat on it and the shower was filthy! The room furniture is battered and old. Even more skanky was the fact that the hotel puts a box of condoms in each of the hotel rooms to purchase for ladies of the night visiting or he/shes or she/hes! There is also a partition door separating room a to room b, so if the person in the room beside you locks it, you can't get into your room! Real strange that the hotel doesn't just do away with the locks and door for that matter. The breakfast room is really small considering the amount of rooms. The gym is even smaller if there are more than two people in the gym its too crowded to work out, and you can forget about doing a gym work out if your a girl, as the indian clientel will come in and sit down on the machines and watch you! The hotel in general is just a shambles, there's room wings all over the show and the staff are seriously useless! I would never reccommend this place to anyone, its a hovel. If your looking for a hotel to be central to everything ie: walking street, central festival plaza, beach etc then look at Hilton, Marriott or Bayview Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MPY007
Dear MPY007,

I am dissappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay or several things about the property.

Firstly we do welcome guests from all nationalities so I am sorry if there were particular issue with any of our other guests during your stay.

We are in the process of doing soft renovations to all of our rooms so I am sorry the particular room you were assigned has not been completed as of yet but is scheduled for this month.

We are constantly improving all areas of the property and we do have some great features such as our pools and outdoor areas, our Fitness is I believe appropriately equipped for the size of property that we have but I appreciate the comments and we will look into making improvements in this area as well.

I noticed your tip to book at other properties please note that these are of course 5 star properties which we do not compare our property with however we should always be providing the level of service that guests would expect from any property so I apologize you did not have that experience with us.

I hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to provide a more welcoming experience and we thank you again for the feedback.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

i visited first time to pattaya and i book this hotel from my travel agent. and i found i have made no wrong choice this hotel has each and everything which a traveler wants. i stayed there for 4 night in month of DEC in 2012. the location of hotel is excellent.and this is guest friendly as well.the executive building was awesome.will planning again to come in again in Dec.

Room Tip: executive building is good choice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Bhiwadi,

Greetings from Pattaya!

Thanks for taking the time to give us a great review!

It's always nice to hear from our guests when they have enjoyed their stay with use, glad you were happy with the location and our Executive Rooms which are quite popular.

We hope to welcome you back again in December when you return.

Thanks and regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Excellent hotel stayed for 2 nights from August 8,2013 to August 10,2013 location wise perfect....earlier i had noticed the comments saying very bad hotel not good staff...but i feel my stay was perfect it took me only 10 mins for check in...rooms were cleaned, AC was working and best thing was location walk able distance to local market , Indian restaurant...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sagarinku
Dear Sagarinku,

Greetings from Pattaya!

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a fantastic review!

I am glad you enjoyed the location and the cleanliness of the rooms as well as the quick check-in process.

I will be sure to pass these comments along to our team and we do hope you return again to Pattaya and enjoy another visit to Nova Platinum.

Thanks and regards,