“Repeat Customer”

Ranked #200 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Repeat Customer”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed at Nova Platinum several times now, in each of the wings and last stay was in the executive wing. Rooms are clean, comfortable, cleaned each day, overall the staff are friendly and helpful. My room sprang a ceiling leak and it was fixed within half an hour. The pools are great and the atmosphere generally friendly.

Room Tip: Choose an executive room as the added balcony is good value
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
David R, General Manager at Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear SteveL55,

Greetings from Nova Platinum,

Thanks for taking the time toi review our property,

Glad to hear that you continue to enjoy your experience with us, our Executive Rooms are a great product, spacious, nice balconies with views overlooking the pools.

I am glad to hear the staff responded quickly as well to the problem you had in the room and that is didn't disrupt your stay. I will make sure to pass this along to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ireland
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I guess the GM's response to previous reviews was just lip service - the reception staff at this Hotel are just downright rude - coulnd't care less and you feel like you are an inconvenience rather than a customer. Shame really as it does a complete disservice to the rest of the staff. I wonder how many customers they have single handedly lost - I am certainly one of them - I hate paying for staff wages for people that don't deserve it. Not even "Hello" - just a grunt - and then pointed to where my room is - not even "its over there". Are you kidding me? This was the same with the 3 reception staff I dealt with - maybe they are trained to be ignorant and rude - however it disgusts me. Send them for training at the PAGE 10 Hotel in Pattaya where they make customers feel like they are at home !

I had an Executive room in March 2013. Nice size/balcony/clean, nice rain shower, LCD TV/DVD, excellent bed linen and towels, good gym size for a workout with water and towels. Nice pool, inexpensive room service with good food portions. Internet worked well.Good security.

Not cheap but I have no problem paying for quality and service if it exists - I won't be back here.

Room Tip: No Thai welcome here so don't expect it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Iluvpattaya
Dear iluvpattaya,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

First of all thanks for taking the time to review the property.

I am disappointed to hear your comments especially since you encountered this with more then one staff membet. Rest assured our response to reviews are most certainly not "lip service:.

We take comments and reviews very seriously and we are continuing to do training with our staff and make improvements to reviews based on the needs and feedback of our guests. I am sorry this was not the case with your experience in the property and it would be very helpful for me if you could send me a private message and let me know you name and the date you checked in so I can investigate this further with the staff on duty.

We are constantly trying to improve our service standards, I am however pleased to hear that there was many things you liked about the property, size of our rooms, security, gym and pools and our reasonably priced food.

Hopefully in the future we do have a chance to welome you back and provide the type of service you should expect.

David

Travelers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed for two weeks and enjoyed my stay. Food was average and the room (on the ground floor in the executive tower) had a little bit of a bad smell, but overall the rooms were nice and clean, internet was very reliable and it was overall a good experience. I really liked the location as well, because everything was in walking distance. For the price it is a very good place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Portrayal,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

Appreciate you taking the time to review our property.

Glad you had a pleasant stay with us, our Executive rooms are a good product and our location is very convenient.

Sorry you encountered a smell in the room we will investigate and correct this.

We hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Pattaya and safe travels!

New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Lets start from the check in. Totally inadequate staff at the reception counter. Only one female is there at the counter who also does not understand English. She is so discourteous and snappy. No one is there to even offer you a glass of water. What is really funny and degrading is that they have made two wings in the hotel,one for the Indian traveller and the other for thr other foreign tourists. So much for discrimination. The room service is atrocious, nobody listens to you and even if they listen they don't understand. The room is clean and well ventilated. As night turns on , there are voices of sex all around the hotel with noises one can't explain. Come morning, the breakfast in the indian wing is Indian but totally cold, stale and nobody to assist you. The plus point is that it is walking distance from massage parlours

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Drsabharwal
David R, General Manager at Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Drsabharwal,

Greetings from Nova Platinum,

Forst of all thank you for your review and I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us.

To start with your biggest concern we as a Hotel definitely do not discriminate towards any nationalities, we welcome of course all Guests alike, our rooms here are assigned according to the room type that is booked by our Guests.

I am sorry however that you encountered less than professional from our reception and room service staff this of course is not the standard we set for our Hotel and I have investigated and addressed this with our team.

We apologize the breakfast was not to your standard as well, we are currently making improvements to the offerings in our Indian breakfast Buffet.

Once again we apologize for not providing the service you were expecting and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and provide a more pleasant stay.

Secunderabad
Reviewed April 1, 2013

There are so many points for liking that hotel.... Few of them are as below
5 minutes walk to walking distance.
Once you come down, you will find so many good massage (real massage) parlors.
Good lazy pool with a bar counter & music and a good pool for fitness oriented guests.
No guest charges and Complimentary Internet.
Different regional restaurants near by.

Room Tip: If you want to make some time pass you can ask road side rooms and if you want to have a pool view...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank navrosh
Dear navrosh,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

Thanks for your review and highlights all of things you enoyed about our Hotel.

The Pools and Pool Bar are a great place to relax and enjoy the sunshine!

Our location is one of the strong points of our property we are indeed close to popular shopping, dining and entertainment areas.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Nova Platinum in the near future.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 31, 2013

good location, clean room ,joiner free . free wifi ,easy going staff ,what ealse you want in this price range. i stayed here 2nd time and found very pleasant. indian breakfast is always a good surprise for indian vegitarians, althought I found guests from different nationalaties. this hotel is excetionally good for indians. you really feel at home here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear solo2014,

Greetings from Pattaya!

We appreciate you taking the time to compliment our property,

We definitely are value for money and this is a regular comment from alot of our guests.

I am glad you especially enjoyed the room, location and the Indian Breakfast we provide.

I will be sure to pass on your comments as well to the rest of our team and we hope to welcome you back to Nova Platinum in the near future!

Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed March 28, 2013

It was a good hotel with a nice pool and average wifi .But the staff are not so corporative especially at time of room cleaning .The thing which disappointed me or shocked me when they told me that payment is not made while i was checking out.As per their polices they charges the customer while checked in which is quite normal and same was done with me but strangely they dont update it in their records might be purposely. Fortunately i have kept my payment slip in my record because of which i fought with them and proved that the payment was made already at time of check-in.After knowing this they were not sorry indeed they told it was a system fault.My advice for all those who are going to chose this hotel is to please keep your payment invoice with yourself till you check out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MLalani,

Greetings from Nova Platinum!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are glad you enjoyed the Hotel and the pools which are the highlight of our property.

With regards to the check out I apologize that this was a disappointing experience upon investigation it seems are staff was trying to charge for items consumed in the room however this may have been miscommunicated to you so I apologize for that.

Hopefully this will not deter you from returnning to our Hotel on your next trip to Pattaya!

We look forward to welcoming you back.