“Nice Hotel with Great Pool”
Review of Sabai Lodge

Sabai Lodge
Ranked #97 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
New York City, New York
“Nice Hotel with Great Pool”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Sabai Lodge is always my first choice hotel in Pattaya. The room rates are always very reasonable, the hotel has a good pool, great buffet breakfast, and large sized rooms. Staff at the hotel are extremely pleasant and always happy to help. During my stay I accidentally left my iPhone in the bathroom of the restaurant and one of the waiters promptly brought it to the front desk so it would not be stolen. The hotel is also located in a great location on Soi 2. Far enough from the madness, but still only 5-10 minute ride to Walking Street for those who want to indulge.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Grego2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Nice room, nice pool and nice service but a little far from walking street for my liking. I had a great price and found the hotel above the standard for the price range. I stayed here over a year ago and thought I had posted a review but had not. This place was worth me saying a few nice things about it. I good mix of nationalities and good amenities. A little noisy at night with the nearby nightclubs but my fault I guess for going to bed before midnite. Girl friendly to the point you don't even need to go thru reception unless you want to. I have recommended this to a older friend and her really liked it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

My second stay at the lodge and it was really good,not sure where the people that say that the staff weren't nice stayed,but one of the reasons that I stayed at the lodge again was because of the staff,the rooms were good,the food was lovely,the staff are amazing,a fantastic place to stay near the beach

• Stayed October 2012
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Myself and five other friends stayed for two weeks in September 2012,We payed about £16 per night,It was just on the out skirts of the beach and as much night life you could hope for,The staff could not do enough for we and the rooms were spotless,If you like to have a quite time there is television as many channels as you like good English ones as well,But on the other hand five minutes walk and your day begins,Air con just right ,Pool and bar and pleasant bar staff if you fancy a chat,Food can be order"d good price and fresh,I would stop here again no problems great hotel,Have stopped in many hotels on my travels for value this is one of the best.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms rely hard to choose near the pool is nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Auckland
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for about twenty days total on two occasions this trip broken up by a short visit to Koh Samet.
Both times stayed in a Deluxe C room.

The positive:
The pools! pretty much worth the price for the pools alone, three of them, the garden and dolphin pools are very nice.
Staff were nice and friendly.
Good cleaning.
Nice big bed.
Location is good being between beach and second road for baht buses

The negative:
Shower temp all over the place.
Air-con temp not adjustable so too cold, first room we stayed in not so bad as it was not directly blowing onto the bed like in the second room we got.

Ok so not a perfect hotel by any stretch of the imagination but certainly fine for the low price we payed for it. Can't really comment on breakfast as we generally eat lunch as our first meal when on holiday, also didn't turn on a tv our entire 30 day trip(glorious!).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JandAfromA
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My friend booked this hotel for our group and it cost around 18€ per night so I wasn't expecting much but when we arrived I was really happy with the hotel. The room was very smart, modern, super clean and spacious. The pool area was very nice. The staff could not do enough for you.
I phoned reception at 3am to order room service (jet-lag) and was told the kitchen was closed but they could arrange something and what would I like. I asked for a pizza and one arrived 20 minutes later. All the staff treated us like we were royal guests and I loved it. We stayed one week during New Year and I would definately stay there again if I ever go back to Pattaya.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Justin B
Shifnal, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed at the Subai Lodge for 8 nights at the end of May, and I found it a very suitable and pleasant place. The room I had was quite large and i didnt expect 5 star quality but the room had everything that i needed Air con, large bed, fridge, shower, Tv with some English Channels, Fox, BBC World and Channel News Asia. What more do you want for 800 Baht a night ! The rooms were cleaned every day and new sheets were put on the bed. The complex has 4 swimming pools and a pool bar serving very good and reasonably priced food. Try the Chicken and cashew nuts, also the burgers are very nice. The staff were very friendly and eager to help with any problems. The Subai Lodge is situated on Soi 2 which is about a ten minute Baht Bus ride to the famous Walking Street. Breakfast at the subai was good and for 200 baht you could eat or drink as much cofee as you wish. Overall this is a good place to stay in North Pattaya just far enough away from the madness of beach road and it's many beer bars and go go clubs, but still near to Pattaya's many attractions which are still easily reached by Pattaya's good transport infrastructure

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo