“A very pleasant stay”
Review of Sabai Lodge

Sabai Lodge
Ranked #89 of 455 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I arrived late and the hotel front desk was eager to greet and welcome me - a good start. My room was simple, but had all the items I needed including a safe and wifi (solid connection). In the morning, I had a breakfast which was very delicious. Cooked to order omellettes and rice and curry for a more local style. The hotel location is off the beaten track, but right between the major streets and ocean. A song taew frequently travels past the hotel for transportation, however, I rented a motor scooter as I wanted some adventure. Unfortunately, I got a ticket by RTP for going the wrong way (direction was unmarked). The ticket payment process was simple and cost 400 THB, it was all over in about 45 min. I would definitely recommend the Sabai for the price, location, and quality it is hard to beat!

Room Tip: Away from the pool as it was used early in the morning by kids and late in evening by adults.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed August 31, 2011

The Sabai Lodge is good place to stay in Pattaya. It's located at the northern end of Beach Road (in Soi 2) and is close enough to everything provided you are happy to take the Baht Bus to Walking Street.

The hotel facilities are absolutely fine for the price and the three star rating. This is a three floor hotel and as you would expect there is no lift. If climbing a few flights of stairs is a problem I suggest you book a room on the ground floor or stay elsewhere. My room was on the third floor and I had no issues with the stairs at all.

The food and beverage prices in the hotel's restaurant and bar are quite reasonable and the standard and variety of food on offer was good. I only eat Thai food when in Thailand so I could not comment on the quality of the western dishes except to say they looked good.

I stayed in a "Deluxe Large Pool" room which was a good size for me. It was clean and well serviced by the domestic staff. The only minor annoyance was the room air-conditioning. The unit was a bit noisy and had no temperature control. There are three fan speeds available to adjust for your comfort - off, Southern Ocean Storm, or Antarctic Blizzard. If you are one of those who get bent out of shape over the air-con I suggest you stay somewhere else. It never bothered me...perhaps because I was hardly ever in the room.

You may also wish to consider other options if you require good wireless Internet in your room. You are not going to get it at this hotel. They advertise "Free WiFi Internet" and it is indeed available and free but it is so appallingly hopeless you can't use it. Don't hold this against the hotel though as substandard in-room wi-fi Internet is normal in Thailand. There are plenty of Internet cafes in Pattaya if you need to go online. Just don't plan to use the in-room service or decide to stay at this hotel based the availability of wi-fi.

I will stay here again as the Sabai Lodge is a completely acceptable hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank SunSport
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I was on vacations with my wife on our first anniversary and we decided that we'll spend 2 nights in Pattaya and spend some time on the beach, clubs, bars and restaurants and we planned to stay near the happening, it was a worse experience staying is Sabai lodge, the staff is not friendly at all, the hotel facility is old, not worth spending a couple of hours even, people come there to spend a couple of hours with girls to have sex or locals from nearby area, the rooms are dirty, outdated, washroom is so small that you cannot even fit it, I will not recommend to couples who want to enjoy their rather have a sleepless night

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Ample selection of rooms, from small with no view to nice big rooms with pool view.
This time I stayed in one of the cheaper rooms with no view but it was excellent value for the price.
Very nice swimming pools (one was under construction), free parking with a security guard.
Far from Walking streets (but it's just a 10 baht taxiride away), close to Big C shopping center.
I think this place is a good choice when you're in Pattaya.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Although I believe a lot of renovations are happening in that areaincluding demolition of the bars at the second road end. Plenty of pools and the guard at night who salutes you when you bring your girlfriend back is a laugh.

Room Tip: Room I stayed in now demolished.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I have stayed here before and can confirm its a Nicely located hotel with easy cheap transport to all areas. clean swimming pools helpful staff and decent rooms at a reasonable price. No wow factor but no bad points either, it helped make my stay in Pattaya a happy one.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cynic225
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I have stayed at the Sabai lodge many times and find it reasonably good value and freindly staff.However I must back up a previous review where a guest had money stolen from the bell boy. A year ago I was there with a freind who had £200 taken from his room . In March this year I went out for the evening leaving my i-phone in the room , I remember placing it down considering whether to take it as I was expecting a text and it was on my mind all night so am 120% sure where it was.On returning I went directly to my phone and it was gone. I rang it from a friends phone and was switched off.
I do like the hotel but beware , there ARE theives here.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends