“Best hotel in thailand”

Baboona BeachFront Living
Ranked #176 of 450 Hotels in Pattaya
“Best hotel in thailand”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

For the money paid,room,service and location.. Excellent. For quality and cleanliness this hotel is superb.free drinks daily in room,large kingsize beds,and for the extra money pay for the deluxe seaview rooms.the view is number 1.only criticism there is work ongoing on the building next door..

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012

When entering the hotel, there was a bit of a mix up because it seemed the hotel overbooked the rooms. I think I was given the spare room but even so, the room was immaculate. The shower is amazing and the beds are fantastic. You get some free drinks from the fridge, free internet downstairs and the staff are really nice and helpful. It's unfortunate that i didnt try the free breakfast because i had an early checkout but from what i saw from their separate restaurant, it looks quality.

Room Tip: Reception staff are really nice and helpful. Try out the power shower.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just returned from a lovely stay at this little gem in North Pattaya, and highly recommend it as a more budget option to the nearby bigger well known places. I found the service very friendly and helpful....the room clean and attractive....and the bed was comfy with the softest sheets. We stayed in an "Ocean View" room and it was lovely BUT it can get a little warm in the afternoon time. Also, Be aware that if you are driving then the hotel doesn't have a dedicated parking area. If you drive then they reserve a few spots out the front on the road using staff motorbikes, but i noted the night guard did anything but as the evening went by. There is a lot up the street and around the corner a bit, but it seemed even less secure than parking it on the street.
However, having said that....it was a lovely stay and I'd probably stay there again on my next trip!

Room Tip: Higher floors with an Ocean view can get a little warm in the afternoons...
2 Thank Tominthailand
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Reviewed November 21, 2012

(Full disclosure: I actually called reception and asked for the manager before I wrote this. I told them I was about to write a negative review on their business and could I speak to the manager. Their response was, there is no manager here. The manager is in Bangkok. Sreiously? I just told you that I am going to write a bad review of your business and you are going to tell me that there is NO management, AT ALL, on site? This actually would explain a lot!)

Ok, we almost exclusively stay at 3 star hotels in foreign countries, because they are almost always the best "bang for the buck". And, if it weren't for the cleaning staff at this hotel, this review may have gone differently. After a morning jog, we got sand all over our entryway and asked the cleaning lady for a broom. A broom FOR US TO USE! Much to my surprise, I was told a very rude, and dismissive, "No. Too early!" So, I ended up having to use a hand towel, on my hands and knees, while the cleaning lady stood in the hallway watching! This is one day after leaving a VERY generous tip (Thai standard...) for the cleaning lady, because she started cleaning while we were in the room and made us feel so bad when we asked for fifteen minutes so we could leave!!!

Then this morning, on our way to the beach, I we asked the ladies at the reception desk to have our room cleaned as soon as possible. Again, for some reason, both women immediately looked at the clock, made faces, and begrudgingly agreed. When we returned to our room, the "disposable slippers", filthy though they may be, were stacked on top of each other at the door.

Now, we have stayed at perhaps 100-200 hotels around the world. I have never, ever, seen such poor customer service from staff. Let me state this again, just so it is clear: THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE EVER!!! (Countries visited include, Thailand, Cambodia, Brazil, Vietnam, Mexico, Canada, Spain, Portugal, South Africa, Europe, Russia, etc,.)

There are so many other places to stay in Pattaya, that actually treat you like a GUEST; not like an inconvenience! Do yourself a favor, skip this place this place and stay at one of the hundreds of other hotels, for the same price or less. The rooms are dated (which normally I would have ignored) and the cable is intermittent at best. And before I forget, it is very hard to concentrate on this review as I am sitting in the same room while writing it, and there are ants covering my keyboard!

Now, the ladies that prepare the inclusive breakfast, although not punctual, are extremely friendly and very quick to assist you in any way they can. The doorman was always friendly, and the security guard outside very jovial and quick with a "hello". The mini bar is poorly stocked, although you do get the "standard" two complimentary bottles of water. A plus is you also receive one complimentary can of Singha beer each day. Although, for a better staffed hotel, I would forego to 30 Baht can of beer.

Please, please, please do yourselves a favor and stay elsewhere! There really are so many small boutique hotels in this area, and at most, you will not even need a reservation. Unfortunately for us, we made a 5 night reservation so we are stuck here for another 2 nights!

5 Thank Michael P
Volgograd, Russia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We lived in this hotel during four nights and after it I can said that it was beautiful days and nigths for us! Very welcoming and friendly staff, good English speaking, lovely clean and comfortable rooms, great views of the sea from the deluxe room - these are not simply words. The apparent advantage is the location of the hotel and a good price.

Room Tip: Corner deluxe with seaside views on 6th floor. A/C unit is noise.
Whitley Bay
Reviewed November 3, 2012

A last minute booking and what a good choice it turned out to be. There are sea-view rooms with balcony for about 2000bt but I got a non-seaview for 1400bt and it was a big room with tea/coffee/TV/DVD/ free wifi and plenty of space.
It is only a small hotel but it has a spa and small gym (where the machines actually worked!) and a lovely reading room with a good supply of books and DVDs and a few games. There is a free PC with wifi in there as well and another in reception.
The breakfast was very good with a cooked meal, lots of cereals, fruit, toast, juices, tea, coffee,cakes etc.
The room has a fridge with complimentary 2 bottles of water, can of beer and 2 fruit juices a day, much more than normal.
The staff are very friendly and can't do enough to help and the beach is just across the road.
It is a long walk to Walking Street but a tuk tuk is only 10-20bt.
A thoroughly recommended hotel, unless you go by car as there is virtually no parking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I visited pattaya last week and stayed in baboona beach front. Its just in front of the beach and the hotel had large rooms. courteous staff and excellent breakfast. Worth the value. Recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple