“Great hotel”

Fairtex Sports Club Hotel
Ranked #105 of 463 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel is magnificent. Modern, great view, the staff were very helpful, the facilities were also of a great standard. The room was larger than I expected. And bath room was also larger than I did. However, the noise from the hall was wrose. Please take care the location of your room.
However, I hightly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ferdinand_BJM

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This email is to provide feedback of our experience at Fairtex for the date of 13/03/13 to 17/03/13. Our intended stay was for the 13/03/13 to the 28/03/13, however due to overall disappointment we decided it was in our best interests to leave.
My partner and myself decided to travel to Thailand so that we may learn authentic Muay Thai. Therefore the choice to stay at Fairtex Pattaya was made due to its well-known reputation as a popular product brand and a place for foreigner to receive high level training.
The Fairtex website was used to make the booking. It noted the option of the Fairtex training package being available; near the details was a click on link for it to be booked. Once clicked a list of options were displaced, however the training package did not seem to be included nor did it give me the option of how many people where to be booked in the room. Therefore I chose the type of room that was wanted and listed all the required details, such as it being for 2 people and that the training package being required. The next day I received a confirmation email that the room had been booked and the deposit deducted from my credit card.
After a long mornings drive from Bangkok we arrived at the Hotel, there was no concierge when our driver dropped us off so we had to carry our bags to the counter. I gave our booking details to reception and they said there was a problem that the booking was for only for one person and that the training package was not included. As we didn’t have a copy of the booking with us we were asked to pay for an addition person and that day’s Muay Thai session, then come back later to discuss if we still wanted the training package.
At 3pm we went down to the training area. When we walked in and went onto the matt no one acknowledged us or gave us any direction of what to do. Therefore we just assumed to do skipping and shadow boxing on our own. After 15 minutes 2 trainers approached us and we did 5 4 minute rounds of pad work. After they dismissed us we were back in the same position we started in, no guidance or direction on what was required, therefore we decided to do bag work. By 4:30 everyone had left so we decided to leave also.
We returned to our rooms to discover we had no wifi connection; therefore we could not look up our reservation booking. We called reception and were advised that this had to be paid for as an additional charge or the lobby could be used. We went to the lobby and provided confirmation to the counter that had in fact been booked for 2 people, however the confirmation did not note about the training package. We were told quite abruptly we would get a refund for the charge applied earlier but that we had to decide by today, then and there, if we were to take the training package or not. Still disappointed for that days training session, we were not sure if we wanted to proceed with training but feeling under pressure and stressed with little time to consider, however we decided to go with our initial decision of the package.
The training the next morning was quite similar to the day before afternoon class. There was no morning runs as mentioned on the site and people only really stayed for an hour and a half or less not the indicated 2 hour period. We asked other students on what they thought, and they said that this was the level expected as the Muay Thai manger was currently away. We were told by another student that the manager would be back in the next day and that we should discuss any issues with him. In my partners pad work that day he was advised by his trainer that if he wanted proper training that he would need to pay for a one on one PT and said that if he looked after him he’ll look after my partner. My partner was quite offended by this as he felt that he should be receiving proper training also in the group class not only in PT sessions.
The breakfast buffet was poor with limited options available due to trays not being refilled and insect getting into the food and staff not doing anything about it. The dinner meal vouchers were extremely disappointing with only a page full of options, we were meant to be staying there for 15days, and we would of repeatedly be eating the same food each night. We felt that we had been ripped off.
The next time we trained was the next day. This was the worst training day we experienced. My partner after warming up, shadow boxing and bag work was still left on the mats for another 30 minutes with no instructors guidance. He repeated approached the manager and was advised there were not enough trainers available and that he would have to wait. Whilst I was in the ring my trainer tipped me so hard it winded me, which I thought was un-necessary. When I asked why he did that he replied that he treated all his students that same because I was female he would not change his training style. Out of sheer frustration we walked out. It was at this point we truly considered forgoing the money we had spent and leaving.
We left it one more day to decided and weigh up our options. All the trainers no doubly were very well trained in Muay Thai and knew what they were doing, however we found it was difficult for them to convey their skills on to us, as most trainers could speak only a little bit of English and were unable to answer simple questions. We felt that the extra money we paid to train at a facility designed for foreigners (it being a hotel) more investment should have been invested in the staff so that they knew English, as English is a language that can be spoken by most countries around the world.
We also felt the impression that it was more about making money than training their student. We felt like we were just another number. And most importantly the training time was very short with little trainer guidance.
Even though Fairtex had many facilities (although the yoga lessons were and extra charge not mentioned on the site) these were not something we would use, as we were there primarily for the Muay Thai. Ultimately this was the main reason we decided to leave the Hotel and fly to Phuket to train at a Muay Thai facility we had trained at previously.
Other irritation to add to this decision were the meal quality (as mentioned earlier), cleanliness of the Hotel – we seen room service plates that were left on the stair case for days and ladies shower room with hair balls, the internet service - we have travelled extensively over Asia and we have never come across a reputable hotel that does not offer wifi inclusive with accommodation, in this day and age the internet is a necessity for daily dealings and is an inconvenience not to have immediate access.
When we checked out the front office manager did offer to help resolve our complaint and advised that if we were to stay there would be the possibility of a refund of the Muay Thai training; but as the Muay Thai was the primary reason for us to being in Thailand it would make our stay purposeless and therefore we rejected this offer.
The main reason that we are providing this feedback is so you are aware of our experience and so that it may assist you in making chances to prevent others having the same experience. Unfortunately however we must be honest to others when we are asked about our stay in Faitex, and we will not be recommending this hotel and training to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Melinda D
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just return from short in pattaya Thailand , stayed one night but I will return soon stay at the fairtex sport club hotel, great service all staff, great valve for the area , the best cleaning I have see in a hotel

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank bourke80569
Reviewed April 23, 2013

stayed at the hotel for 14 days the staff were amazing and always there for help.The training facilities in the hotel are top class from weight training to fitness and also the muay thia.Located in a great spot.The rooms were awesome plenty of room everything you needed and keept clean,highly recomend and i will definetly be staying there when i return to patayya

Room Tip: if staying on the 3 floor and you are not there for training you get noise from the forth floor from...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank phillip745
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I make frequent trips to Pattaya. I must say that you're not going to get a better value for your money anywhere in town. It's located away from the 'night spots' which is ideal, if you're with family. It's only a 'baht bus' ride(10 minutes) away from the center of town.

The minute we walked into the reception area we were impressed, the staff greeted us as soon as we walked through the doors. They were very professional at all times. We had a great two day stay.

The sports and fitness facilities were well maintained. The room is very big and has great amenities. We felt that we got great value for our money. We will stay there the next time we come into town.

The staff needs to be recognized for going out of their way to make you feel welcome. They always greeted us with a smile and a friendly 'sawadee'.

Room Tip: Deluxe with double bed has ample room for a couple
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Veeravat S
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Although I was only there for one night, my stay in Fairtex was unbelievably wonderful. I was fully emersed in the Muay Thai services they provided. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The food and facilities were excellent. I can't wait to come back and stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kjlee_2434
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My partner and I spent a week at Fairtex and purchased the Muay Thai package. Such an amazing package and value for money!! We found Fairtex to be an Oasis in Pattaya, with lovely staff (All of them!! ) and very clean facilities. I have trained in a few Muay Thai camps and back at home and I would say Fairtex is the best one I have stayed at. Great trainers that push you hard and teach you so much technique. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone!

Room Tip: If you stay in the standard rooms, it is more backpacker-ish (but very clean). If you are looking f...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple