“Very close to the beach, Sandalay Resort is an economic option.”
Review of Sandalay Resort

Sandalay Resort
Ranked #158 of 456 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed for a night as our driver Sam booked the sea view suit for us at a cheaper price. The hotel is a 3 star property located on beach road and facing the beach where you can swim. There are lots of shops nearby for a good bargain on Thai products. Lots of eating places also close by. The breakfast was just average and we did not get dinner as they close the kitchen at night. The extra blanket ordered came with very bad smell and they charged 500 Thai baht with which we can buy couple of new blankets. But they took it back as I requested and not charged. The views from my room facing the sea was excellent.

Room Tip: We took a room facing the sea with a private balcony on the 4th floor and it was excellent. So try t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Traveling to Pattaya at August 20-23, 2013
With my wife and son.

I've choose Sandalay because we've searched for a hotel with a great view to the bay.
Stayed at the grand room (the biggest room & the best view). At 6th floor (top floor of this hotel).
In that time, Pattaya is on the low season. So we're only pay THB 3.200 per night. Not too expensive for the best room in this hotel.

My wife really loves the view because there's a lot of windows in the room. The bed is unique and perfect for a honeymooners. There's a quite large day bed near the main window. Standing in the balcony, you'll got spectacular view to Pattaya bay, A-One Hotel (neighbour hotel) & others big hotels, Pattaya sign, Pattaya tower, Walking Street big screnn, the ocean including Koh Larn.

Room facilityBig LCD TV, dining table with 4 chairs, and a comfort bathroom with bathtub and big shower. You can see through the room and window from bathroom because there is a transparent glass which have a curtain.

The hotel pool is standard and near to lobby. I couldn't found the cabanas which i saw in website. Maybe because there's some renovations near the pool.

There is a restaurant (Redstep Restaurant) in front of this hotel. The restaurant is semi-outdoor and have a view to beach road and the beach. Live music every night. Perfect...........

This hotel have a great location. Only step away to the beach, a lot of street foods, mini mart in front of hotel. Not too crowded cause far from Walking Street area. If you want to go to Walking Street, just use song taew only 5 minutes.

But I don't like the situasion when breakfast time comes. Usually me, my wife, and my 4 years old son (just the 3 of us) do the breakfast in any hotels, my son always getting free breakfast. But in this hotel it wasn't. When my son takes only a few foods, the staffs always take a look at us. It feels like we are a criminal. I don't know, maybe that's their procedure. But the roomboys and cleaning service staffs is very friendly.

But overall, we love almost all about this hotel. If we'll come again to Pattaya, I think we'll stay again in Sandalay.

Room Tip: The Grand Room at 6th floor is the best room. You'll get everything what you need ; the view &am...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Service is ok, we booked for one night in a deluxe room, bed was comfortable, but the water pressure in the shower is pretty weak, they do have another little shower in the bath to use, lucky I'm short. Breakfast was good. We were in the back of the hotel no real view only the building Nader construction. If you can get one at the front you might have a far bette view of the ocean.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed late Oct arrived later than I thought. Greeted by the manager and reception staff in a very friendly way. Checked in with 10 mins. Taken to 4th floor Grand Delux room, great view in the morning of the bay, large bathroom with a rain shower that I loved.

Red Steps is a little pricey but thats the price you pay for its location.

Staff and managerment are very helpful..

Location in Soi 2 across from the beach, baht buses pass by so very easy the go downtown. I will come back in my next trip.

Room Tip: Grand Delux room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peterkau
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Nice location,helpful and friendly staff.
Hotel is old but clean.good view with higher rooms.I would recommend to go for grand delux room on higher floors, other rooms may not be that nice.Good breakfast with usual stuff.Nice but a little pricey RED STEPS restaurant.Manager Mr Kasam is nice and helpful.

Room Tip: go for higher rooms,above 5th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank deepak_rai
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel many times over the last 6 years because it is near the offices of our associates. But the condition of the hotel and its surrounding is definitely getting worse. This last week we stay 3 days in a suite, both the hotel and apartments next door seems to be undergoing major construction work. The noise of machines including jack-hammers were just terrible especially near the pool side. It is when you hear all the noise that you understand why

At check-in, the reception made us signed a declaration that we may not shorten our stay of 3 nights as per the booking. I am sure many tourists want to leave after half a day, especially the ones with a room in the back towards the noisy construction. We are lucky to be in the sea facing suite where noise is at minimum when windows are shut. Hotel is not making any apology for the inconvenience and long gone are the welcome drinks or smiles from staff. Despite the renovation, the rooms feel tired with rather old and noisy air-con giving a hint of previous smokers. Breakfast is a reasonable good standard in the open air restaurant facing the beach road. However, we are unlikely to stay here again unless there is major improvement to the rooms, only the suites are usable because my colleague in lesser rooms were unhappy

Room Tip: Go for the sea facing suites if you can afford it
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank oscar28
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed in Sandalay hotel one night only, we took a room for 3 persons, the extremely disappointed was the hotel staff, as they were not friendly at all and not willing to support, the breakfast was awful, the only good thing is the hotel location on the beach road, however we moved to other hotel in the same road which was extremely better.

Comparing with the price VS the services you will get it’s better to check in another hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends