“Good Pattaya center room”
Review of Sandalay Resort

Sandalay Resort
Ranked #144 of 463 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I have stayed there 2 nights and it was really good for our needs.

+ location - exactly center, sea just across the street
+ free wi-fi
+ really good quality of room and modern interior (for us wasn`t the best view from room, but if curtains are closed, then room was perfect)
+ attitude in hotel was welcomed and warm

Hotel is good 3* hotel. Behind the corner there is 2 little shops: 7eleven and FamilyMart, as well laundry service - perfect is you stay for 1-2 weeks, restaurants, shops - all for beach road and 2road (don`t need to drive nowhere)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank lindawelsa

Reviewed June 12, 2011

The hotel is showing its age with a lot of wear and tear. The standard rooms are tiny at only 23 Sq. Meters. I opted for the larger room at over 50 sq. meter. If you don't pay extra for a room with a beach view, you'll get a room with a view of the adjacent building which is not a good sight. The front desk inadvertently gave me breakfast vouchers for my three day stay. On my first day of breakfast after presenting the voucher to the restaurant employee(with the date/room/name) I began to fill my plate with food at the buffet. By the time I was about to sit down with my breakfast, the restaurant employee informed me the voucher was not valid. I protested, placed my plate on the table. Without touching my breakfast, she suggested I check with the front desk. The front desk expecting me with a sheepish grin said they were sorry, my room did not include breakfast. I told them they gave me the vouchers, I had a full plate and was embarassed by them asking me to leave and that my voucher was not valid. The front desk really needs more training. More than half the staff have trouble communicating in English. I would not return to this hotel. At best, the hotel is 2.5 stars.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the beach view room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Thaistyx
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I really loved staying in Sandalay Resort, warming hospitality, freindly staff, beautiful and sea view rooms! accommodation and food was so nice that we cant forget the experience of staying there. Location is so nice that it is just few steps from the beach. close to the main road where in it easy walkable to indian restaurants, walking street, water sports and many other activities, also can do nice shopping as it is close to some intetesting malls, alcazar show the main attraction of pattaya.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jabeen157
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Was booked into this hotel as part of a travel package. First impressions: loved the location of the hotel- just across the beach. Its a pleasure to walk alongside the road on which the hotel is situated exploring the different eating & entertainment options with the beach on the other side.

The breakfast restaurant is out on the open with beach front views- Great! We had a standard room with the balcony overlooking the parking- but it doesn't really matter as we anyways intended to spend the max. time outside in the city. The toilet got choked up on the first day, but as soon as we complained, they sent someone up to fix it in jiffy. Tiffany Show, and all that jazz is just 5 mins away by tuktuk. No complaints!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ParomitaS
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I stayed here two nights total.
I arrived and it seemed they were either undersatffed or the staff were new.
For the price I was gonna pay, I wanted a beach view. Great, I add a few more bucks to get a better room but i first requested a tour of two or three room types to choose from.
I chose the deluxe facing south and I got what I paid for. A Spacious room - though the beding was in the middle. The room was awesome. I love the Bathroom shower stalls relly retro.
The pools weren't too much for swiming but attractively nice for lounging and sunbathing.
Food wasn't too special but yeah, go ahead and enjoy the breakfast in direct view of the ocean.
Great location at the end of soi 3. Just a walk down there's soi 6 with alot of entertainment not too far away.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank Mcknight11
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Good value for money with rooms facing the beach. Not very close to the Walking Street, but 5 mins drive via bike or tuk tuk. Lots of food places around the hotel itself. Spacious, clean and good service. Recommended.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends