View Talay Villas
Trip.com
$669
$578
Great 4.5/5
Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel(Pattaya)(Great Value!)
$239
$71
$182
$96
Great 4.5/5
Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya(Pattaya)
$101
$87
$117
$90
$39
$35
Great 4.5/5
All reviewskiss foodbedroom villagreat place to staycomming homelovely villajomtientaxipooljomtein
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2013

a real oasis of peace just next to entertainment centers and beach. Everything in walking distance. Staff very helpful and cary. Excellent staying. restaurants and supermarkets in a walking distance. Every Villa has a private pool which offers total privacy in green tropical gardens. no hotel room can be compared with such a wonderful layout just 5 minutes from Pattaya. excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 70sergio
Reviewed February 2, 2013

More a gated community than a hotel, View Talay Villas offer a welcome bit of calm amongst the hustle and bustle of Jomtien. We stayed in two one bedroom villas for part of the trip and a two bedroom villa for the remainder. All were relaxing and self contained. They're not cheap however, and the villas are starting to look tired; there are persistent issues with the water supply, the breakfast is rudimentary (and the same each day) and the communal pool area has been taken over by what appears to be staff and clients of a Russian travel business. These niggles apart, View Talay Villas are a good option for a short to medium term stay in Jomtien.

Room Tip: Try and pick a room away from the market (which can be noisy at nighttime)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jeremy M
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I've been staying at "the Villas" (VTV) for about 12 years and it's easily my favorite place to stay in Chonburi Province. VTV are actually in Jomtien, which is just a little east of Pattaya. That is a "good thing", as, even if you are there to party, Pattaya gets old fast. Much better to have your fun in Pattaya, then take a 40 baht (US$1.25) taxi ride back home to your quiet haven. Pattaya has degraded over the years as most of the sand on the beaches has been washed away and the quality of Thai food has diminished since most of the diners are Farangs (foreigners) who "don't know the difference".
This is another reason to stay at Jomtien as the beaches, which go on for miles, are still nice and the family atmosphere is much better for daily activities. There are plenty of good restaurants and you can still find traditional Thai food here.
At VTV, the villas range from 1-bedroom to 3. The configuration of the houses is pretty much "Bali style" with kitchenettes, large bedrooms and a nice living area. The pools are immaculately clean and sometimes there are a few lovely and fragrant plumeria flowers floating on top of the water. The landscaping is exceptional with some wonderful fan palms and a few statues.
Years ago, it was a long walk to get to the taxi loop and the main road outside of the complex was dirt. Since then, it is all paved and it is about a 10-15 minute walk. Please note: if you are not healthy condition or cannot suffer a medium-length walk during hot humid conditions, you should either take a pass on VTV, or rent a car or driver. My spouse and I enjoy the walk and we each lost about 2 pounds during our stay in Thailand (that is normal) so it's not a problem with us.
The villas are VERY private and since each villa has it's own pool, it is likely that you will be tempted to swim "au natural". Why not... it's your holiday, right?
Regarding the 3rd world effect. There are ample mosquitoes all around Chonburi so be sure to get the cute little bottles of repellant from 7-11 (just down the street) and I recommend that you keep a couple of the Baygon coils burning before dusk your you will be chewed up.
I'm sad to report that, on this last trip, someone did come into our house and steal my wife's cash. They got about US$300 and luckily they left everything else in her bag including credit cards, passport, etc. They only wanted the cash. On the same table as her back was my laptop, an underwater camera, an expensive digital camera, my bag and an iPhone 4. They didn't touch any of it. I think it was an "inside job" as the sliding glass door was unlocked and not "jimmied". They must have had a key.
At the time of the theft, my spouse and I were sleeping in the bedroom with the door locked. Most of the money and such was in the room with us and locked in a safe.
We reported the theft to manager Klaus in the morning and he investigated but did not offer any compensation.
To sum it up, in the 3rd world, you "take the good with the bad" and learn some lessons along the way.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jkilthau
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have stayed in Pattaya once before with friends celebrating a birthday, and we never really left the main beach side (Pattaya beach). On this return trip I was passing through for a couple of nights only to sight an internet marketing business for sale based in Cosy Beach. Looking at Pattaya from the map I wanted to be out of the hustle and bustle so chose Jomtien beach around the point.

It definitely a good choice and nowhere near as secluded as I thought it would be. It is a short walk or ride down Soi 7 to a nice beach with lots of great restaurants all the way along Jomtien Beach road. It has Soi's with all the massage and Tattoo parlors etc that you find around the front.....but less street vendors and less tourist traffic.

The View Talay was a perfect location for what I was after. My (Thai) girlfriend has a motorbike so we zoomed all around the surrounding area, up the hill by the Pattaya sign, all around Cosy beach....what a cool area, better than the central tourist area. It was only 5 minutes into Walking street (Central) area on the bike if you do want to go there.

The hotel staff were typically Thai friendly, polite and helpful. I stayed in one of the hotel rooms overlooking a large pool not a villa. (I have already made inquiries about getting a villa next time!) It turned out that this was not the pool we were to use, but the one we would use was just as nice....3 to 4 minutes walk through the complex to the pool.

Although this place is huge it felt quite boutique. It is not a lobby style commercial hotel, more like long term accommodation resort style. My room was just up the steps to the second floor from reception.....no lifts, perfect.

You can walk next door to the markets and a few bars and restaurants etc typically. We went to the eatery Kiss Food and Drinks also next door, but I would not recommend that if you are looking for fine food.

The only thing I would improve is the air conditioning and ceiling fan was difficult to operate; and I couldn't turn down the icy cold air blowing straight onto the bed. Also the fan was on full speed all the first night and I couldn't turn it down either.....later being advised that it is turned off at the wall point that has a lamp plugged into it. Who would have thought? So just a couple of simple instructions for adjusting the room condition would be helpful.

I hope to return and try the private villas next time...they looked terrific with their private pools and lovely little courtyards.

In typical Asian style, the website lest this place down....it is very nice and I shall be back, so try it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank SmithersinAU
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Seems to be a frequent problem in finding the location of these villas in Jomtien beach , but from our arrival we found these villas offered everything we required and beyond . We rented the 1 bedroom villa + Breakfast in it,s own private ground and pool which was perfect for a quiet , peaceful break allowing us to eat , drink and sunbathe at our lesuire . The villa was cleaned and beds made everyday by a great friendly team of maids and the breakfast was flexible to allow for a cooked , continental or just a bit toast and very good vaule for money as we had it included in our accomadation bill . .The location was a 5 min walk from the Tuk Tuk run form Jomtien beach into Pattaya which was easily and safely managed . Lots of choices of resturants from cheap and cheerful to a bit more expensive are close by and by walking down the Soi directly across from the entrence to the villa complex takes you onto the beach front [ 10 mins walk ] . if you want a quiet spot to relax as a single or couple and if you are a family you can keep an eye on the kids at your own pool or you can use the complex pool with again excellent facilities in locker rooms , showers , towels and toilets all available .

Room Tip: if you can take the full option of the 1 or 2 bedroom villa with breakfast then take this as it offers excellent value and the privacy and room services [ TV,DVD,IPOD, and kitchen white goods make it feel a home from home.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple