“HorseShoePoint - Lovely Place”

Horseshoe Point Country Club
Pattaya
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“HorseShoePoint - Lovely Place”
Reviewed July 14, 2009

This is my first ever review, but i feel i had to tell you all how Great Horseshoe Point is
I read the (Quite Disapointing Review) that someone else had posted I have to disagree with them strongly and feel i need to point out the positives of this stunning hidden Oasis.

I have been frequenting Horseshoe point on a regular basis now for the past 2 to 3 months now.
I am a horse rider from Australia who owns and competes horses to a high level in my own country.
And i have to say, Yes i am impressed with the fascilities @ Horseshoepoint, there are several arenas 4 of which are undercover, and one which is a jumping arena (perfect in size).
I am riding a variety of well bred and well adecated horses, all of which can do dressage and or show jump.

The horses are very well looked after and and thier stables alwasy kept clean, there are also grazing paddocks which the horses graze during the days. The horses welfare has been paramount at all times, i personally know that the horses are very well looked after.

Not only are the fascilities and horses great but the whole place is a resort, there are many activites also catering to the Non Horsey (my Husband) and the Grounds at Horseshoe point are meticulously maintained and are very visually appealing and the whole place has a real tranquil feel to it.
It also has an ATV course and a paint ball course, Golf Course (near by) tennis courts and you can hire mountain bikes, stunning large pool area and restaurant and so the list goes on.

I can not rave about this place enough and i feel the negative Nelly that posted the negative review needs to have a reality check, this is Thailand and things are always different in other countires from your own, hence why we travel in the first place, to experience different cultures and surrounds, if you dont like them and can't appreciate places for what they are then dont travel, stay at home.

I agree everyone is entitled to thier opinions but one should not go over board and grizzle about the minutest of things like a horse stumbling on a trail ride, i mean come on.

Anyway all i can say is go and check it out for yourself i think you will be pleasantly surprised.

5 Thank TheHappyTraveller_9

Colombo
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed April 18, 2008

I had no idea what to expect at this hotel - it seemed very 'different' for a hotel based in pattaya. I was pleasantly surprised - vast, open and very green land, clean rooms and toilets, lots of activities and so many horses! We stayed only one night and visited the stables - the horses looked well groomed and healthy. There were quite a few people taking care of the horses and it seemed like they were doing a good job.

There are also activities like paint balling, tennis, AVS bikes etc. The rooms are basic but clean and the hotel is on acres of land so good for nice long peaceful walks.

The only down-side is it's about 10 km from the main road and if you want to enjoy the night life getting about might be a bit of a problem. However this hotel is ideal for a break away from a busy life, noise and pollution.

1 Thank SAR28
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Quite Disappointing”
Reviewed February 15, 2007

Please bear in mind that we didn't actually stay here, but went horse riding here. This is primarily a horse riding resort which is built around it's horse riding activies, though there are some animals in large cages and we saw a small swimming pool too.

The web-site is great and leads you to think that you're in for a really top-class equestrian experience. We arrived an hour earlier than our trail ride to have some lunch in one of the many restaurants or cafes that were advertised on their website. Only one was open and there was only one other table occupied. It was outside and had hundreds of tiny flying bugs that weren't deterred by the large fan on full trying to blow them away. The club sandwiches were fine and the fresh juices were lovely.

We went over to the large indoor riding arena to wait for our horses and had a look around whilst we were there. The hotel apartments have both internal and external views so you can wake up in the morning and look out the window to the resort or the arena. The little garden in front of each apartment was filled with sharp ugly builders rubble and one palm tree per apartment. There was no way you could sit in or use this space.

Our guide turned up on a bolshy little skewbald pony that was all over the place. The guide couldn't speak or understand English. Our two horses turned up and were a little on the skinny side, but I was willing to let that slide because of the heat. Both of my stirrup leathers were cracked nearly all the way through and I pointed this out to the staff who didn't bother to do anything about it.

The ride was a total let down. We had booked a 2 hour trail and rode unresponsive horses (mine kept stopping and reversing and my friends was turbo charged so much that her hands were covered in blisters from trying to get some control - we are both novice level riders and she owns her own horse). We rode through slums, rubbish dumps and construction sites and were chased by packs of barking dogs. There is a nice bit where you ride through pineapple plantations but the horses were frightened of the ditches on the plantation and the guide was off way in front and didn't provide much in the way of assistance.

Both horses tripped over their feet the entire ride and my horse had a bleeding saddle sore which I pointed it out to the grooms when we got back. They either didn't understand or didn't care. The horses kept there under livery by private owners all looked in top condition and there is obviously some very organised pony club activity for private owners.

We'd booked dressage lessons and another trail ride the next day and cancelled both due to lack of confidence in the guide and staff.

Very disappointing, but let me re-state - we didn't stay in the rooms there so can't comment on that.

5 Thank livingitlarge