“Ignore the bad reviews”

Ranked #120 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
London, United Kingdom
“Ignore the bad reviews”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The entrance to this hotel is a fabulous open lobby, which when you are so used to western style hotels makes a lovely change.

Our room was clean, a good size and had a nice little balcony over looking the pool area. I think people forget that they are in an independent hotel in Thailand, not a big American chain like Hilton, the rooms are not going to look like they do if you stayed in New York, they obviously have a Thai influence! We had a huge bed which was really comfy, a good sized bathroom and the staff were very helpful and friendly. English is not their first language so people should be patient and realise that not everyone in the world speaks english perfectly so we should always cut them some slack.

The breakfast was fab! The lunch was decent, unfortunately I cannot comment on the dinner as we always ate in town.

The pool area was fabulous, got to love an infinity pool! The staff were helpful and the cocktails were great, (happy hour from 11:00-4:00)!!!!

There is a shutttle service into town which was a big help.

Overly picky, critical people will find fault with the smallest things and I can hand on heart say there is absolutley nothing wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: Pool access of sea view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Chutisuda T, Public Relations Manager at Garden Cliff Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Greetings from Garden Cliff Resort & Spa, Pattaya.

We refer to your recent stay with us and very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Garden Cliff Resort & Spa, Pattaya. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Your comments will be definitely shared with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dubai
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We checked in. Went to our room to find lovely exterior until we found the furnishings had been worn and torn. Our curtains were dirty, had burn marks and holes. The pillows flopped as soon as you touched it. The bed was uncomfortable to sleep on. We had no hot water running from any of the taps at certain times of the day. Our first night our shower head was balanced against the wall to stablelize itself. When we took it off the shower head holder it dropped and wouldn't hold. I took a shower and the drain was blocked. Our first evening we called several times to have basic things fixed. I literally went downstairs to speak to the person in charge. The conditions of a junior suite was appalling considering the money I was spending on this beachside resort. To my surprise her English was non existent. I was disappointed with her reply, she said " this duck thing, pillow" using gestures to explain the word feather. I managed to decipher the body language. After a lengthy discussion, day 1, my pillows were changed, the curtains replaced, the hot water came on, the shower head fixed. The next dating wanted to go on a tour. I went to reception, made my inquiry and was told these tours are just for Russians and Chinese only. Disappointed again. I spent the entire day out of the resort to relax. I only went to the sea breeze bar late at night watching the football match, no other spectators, ordered my late night drink, asked for an ashtray, it's an open outdoor bar, the staff said, "sorry sir, no smoking here" I gave her a tip $20 bht, after a minute she came back with an ashtray, she said "please sir, don't let anyone see you". To me smoking is negotiable depending on how much you tip. The beach. If you call it a beach. Shared between 2 to 3 hotels. It was disgusting. I felt too sick to swim. The resort did not supply chairs to lie on on the beach. It was the hotel next door that had chairs. The water looked wrong. After 4 nights, on New Year's Eve, I spent it on my balcony, I was shocked to see that the drainage was drained directly into the swimming area. Thank god I didn't swim in the beach. In general, I felt the resort was a shopping mall. Every turn there was a discount on something, anything. Discount on bar b cue, discount on bakery delights, discount posters in the elevator for massages, drinks, etc. The fabulous story. The New Year's Eve party, they called it" the international gala party" but to me it was the chai..... Russ.... gala party. It was not organized well. I gave my ticket to be seated and another family was sitting at our booked table. They were irritated to find they had to move. Hello, you have to pay for your seats. The music was non English. The famous band in Thai was singing.......????? The party was divided in the 3 groups. Russians, foreigners, and children. At 2130. I was fed up and behind me a Russian family had a baby and the father was irritated by my cigarette everyte I had a cigarette and kept tapping my shoulder. I-replied
we are at a party. It's for drinking smoking. Which made me more irritated. Then I decided to leave the party. I paid an expense for a mandatory attendance an walked away early and disappointed. To be completely honest, the breakfast deserves credit for good food, and the balcony was spacious.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Munther S
Montgomery, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2013

when you check in you see a beautiful open lobby...the view...the pool below...
the rooms were a bit dated but clean...the staff at the front desk were very evasive when you asked them something...as a matter of fact they acted like they were doing you a favor to wait on you....the morning meal was good limited variety but tasty...It is such a beautiful drive as you drive up but overall disappointing...

Room Tip: you want a pool side room so you can enjoy the view....
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank marydelila48
Montgomery, New York
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I visited this hotel two weeks ago with a tour group and there is definitely a wow factor when you check in and see the beautiful view of the ocean and the pool down below. The rooms are somewhat dated and I was warned when we checked in by an irate patron who had been billed for a spoon he never used....the staff were not helpful to him and the same thing happened to my friend when she paid for internet service but was unable to use the minutes paid for. Most of the staff does not speak any English so the manager was called and was very rude...found out other fellow travelers had the same problem with the internet, Definitely a rip off. The Pool was lovely and the restaurant and food was very good. Had a problem whenI walked on the beach below the resort and saw some sort of drainage coming down. I put my hand in nearby to get some coral and it was the worst smell ever!! All in all, loved the ambience and views but not the staff or smelly ocean water.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool and ocean...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Margot M
New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Location is fair enough. The hotel services are bad. The staff is rude (not all of them). The pool is a fun place to be. The rooms are fair size but the state they are in is a bit of a worry. Anything broken, torn from before is considered done so by the person that has stayed in the rooms. One must be advised to take note.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the wing have good views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Brunei-Muara District, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is quite far from beach road and taxi Thb250. The normal room we booked through Agoda. From the email to upgrade to swimming pool room it says Thb3500 per dqy but upon check in its only THB2500. The restaurant limited menu not much choice.
I got bad experience with the room service waiter. I order pizza Thb210 and signed for it. My 2nd order the same pizza my friend pay cash.
Upon checking out 18 Oct 8am to settle the bill. I found out the money paid did not reach to their account.
The staff told us that it was not paid. I argue with them. And they give lots of excuse to defend their staff.
Its not a big deal about Thb210. I feel I was cheated. And the staff was so rude.
Not going to stay here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Shiraz, Iran
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Me and my wife stayed at Garden cliffe this Auguest. I belive this hotel is perfect. SPA was really number 1.Our experience was amazing and would definitely visit once again sometime in future. Definitely recommend this location for people who love want to thoroughly relax and enjoy their holiday.The staff who welcome you and do their best to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple