“Nice hotel, good location, but be careful of the "extra charges"”
Review of Lido Beach Hotel

Lido Beach Hotel
Ranked #397 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Dublin, California
“Nice hotel, good location, but be careful of the "extra charges"”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in May for 1 week. The location was half a block from the start of Walking Street.
I was in a Superior plus room which was very roomy with a flat screen TV and a sitting area. I felt it was worth the price. My mates stayed in the smaller rooms which were poor in my opinion.
Front desk worker was not unfriendly but just business as usual. No in-room safes and they expect you to store any valuables at the front desk. There was one sketchy moment where I had left through the front door but went back to my room for a forgotten item via the back door elevator. One hotel worker picked that moment to use his key to enter my room without knocking. It could be for legitimate reasons but I was happy i was there at the time.

One major complaint was the charges for water. FYI, nearly all local hotels supply a couple of free bottles of water in the fridge. These will be the glass, refillable bottles, as they cost the hotel only 4 baht to refill. They will also supply plastic bottles of water as well as soda and beers which have a charge.
When I checked out of Lido Hotel they charged me 30 baht for the glass water bottles.... and they charged tax 2 baht on in addition! I have never heard of this and I feel like the front desk was trying to get a few extra baht on the side or something fishy.

This "extra charge" means I will not stay there on my next visit. I hope the owner realizes some day that 64 baht extra cost him nearly 7000 baht that he won't make from me on my next stay.

Local tips: Pattaya Beer Garden across the street is a great restaurant with a bay view and all sorts of good food.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Rich H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 27, 2012

It is necessary to use Agoda to reserve here. Ask for room in the second floor new section. Very clean and nice. The first floor is being renovated. When that is complete ask for that.
The breakfast is simple but adequate. This surely beats living far away from the "action" and using the baht bus late at night.
Sanook.

Room Tip: Ask for new wing and low floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank eyeguyhnl
Santa Rosa
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The only thing this Hotel has going for it is location. The reception was cold,and so was the hot water. No in room safe, I have a bigger bathroom in my boat. Barely room to turn around. Comes with breakfast, but no matter what I order (you have a choice ot 3 items ) it seems to always come out the same. I ordered a bacon and cheese omlet...the egg came out looking like a topedo, with the cheese and bacon laying to to side.. The only difference on the egg dishes is how the egg looks. It felt like I was just putting them out and they had other things to do... NO REAL COFFEE, I like coffee in the morning and they bring you some bad tasting instant. I stayed for two nights, but would have been gone if it had been longer...Won't stay here again. This place not good for families. No Elevator...I think this place is overpriced, but I think they depend on their location.

Room Tip: Nothing more can be said except, avoid.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rich547b

Travelers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Lido Beach Hotel at Pattaya is one of the best a tourist can select. It's value for money, The ambience and setting is nothing to boast about but it's location is worth a try. We booked the "Family Room" on the 2nd level. Though it has no elevator - it still is worth occupying. The dining area is well equipped with a pantry, micro, cutlery and crockery. The entire place is air conditioned and the master bedroom has a beautiful balcony that faces the beach. Breakfast is not to much to talk about. Smokers be carefull - you can only smoke in the balcony. Hygiene and cleanliness spectacular. A very convenient spot and for the late night snackers, there's a McDonalds on the ground level open 24 X 7. Will definately use it next year.

Room Tip: Family Rooms are great the others still good. A bit noisy on the beach front, early evenings. All in...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
34 Thank apintolobo
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I found this hotel because I accidently walked pass it on my way to walking street at night. Before I used to stay at my thai's friends condominium that was very far from the beach. The hotel looks very peaceful and calm compared to its surrounding. The staff was very nice and friendly. In the end, I stayed in the apartment that has the ocean view on the third floor. The room was fully equipped. I was so shocked when I've seen the room as the price was very cheap. Eventhough the wing that I stayed in has no elevator, it is not a big deal for me since I'm still young and firm. I will definitely come back here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
14 Thank hagiwara
Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Well the hotel is in an excellent location if you want to be downtown near Walking Street and the hotel itself is quiet. I went for the superior room which was quite large and included wi-fi, which the standard rooms don't. Breakfast included here but it was disgusting - don't bother - there are plenty of good brekky places within easy walking distance. No shampoo included and the 'free' water turned out not to be free. No one charges for the cheap water in Thailand but I got 'done' on checking out, with the receptionist saying it was hotel policy. I told her I wouldn't stay here again for the sake of this cheapness. There are plenty of other options in town and I would suggest you look for them.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a 'superior' room - worth it for the free wife and larger living space if...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank YokohamaGeezer
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed December 7, 2010

The best thing is the location of the hotel - right near the entrence to walking street, and neear boyztown. Also just across the beach.
Also the stuff was very friendly.
Breakfast is standard american : 2 eggs, bacon, coffe/tea, fruits ,2 toasts etc..

But - the hotel is very old, room looks very timeworn - it is time for a renovation.

I took the supirior suite - It is a 2 room small apartment - with a big fridge and bathroom woth a bathtab.
The bed is very stiff - was uncomfortable.
I was in 4th fllor - there is an elevator only to 3rd fllor, which is also very far from the room - I prefered to climb the stairs all 3 stories than take elevator and climb from 3 to 4.

The light in the room is very deem - I couln't even put my contact lens in the bathroom becuase it was too dark - had to do it in front of the bedroom mirror.

Internet connection - I was told when reserving the room that room rate includes free WIFI. When I asked to connect- I was asked to pay for it. After complaing that it was promissed to be free, I got it for free - But, the connection was very bad - there was only one spot in the room that I could get a very low signal ( one bar) - move the laptop a litlle - and no connection at all.

All in all - I don't think I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo