Lowest prices for your stay
Mercure
Priceline$32
Booking.com$32
travelup.com$35
1,631 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 1, 2020

This was the ninth time we stayed at the Mercure Hotel - see my previous reviews of it. It is really heartbreaking to see how this hotel has gone down since our last visit 4 years ago, but I really hope that the hotel/group management sees this review and act upon it to make the Mercure the great place it once was.

As I mentioned, we are frequent guests of this hotel, as we visit Pattaya a lot and stay at the same place every time. this was the 9th time we booked at this hotel. Upon arrival, I expected to be welcomed back as a return guest (as this had happened in the past). But not this time. They were totally unaware that we had been there before. I suppose that the Accor group made some changes to their backend website, and that it doesn't flag return guests anymore? I must say, this was quite an anticlimax, as the previous time we arrived, a big fuss was made of us and we felt quite important.

Then we noticed that the cute shuttle which used to take guests down the road, past the temple, to just above the main road, had disappeared and was no longer an option. Pity, as this was quite a treat to guests.

The next surprise came when we realised that the dinner options, like the fabulous barbeque they used to have, were also a thing of the past. In fact, no dinners are served anymore.

On to our room. Upon entering, we immediately noticed that there were no chairs on our balcony - while the rooms on either side were fully kitted out. I raised this with reception, but had to do it a second time much later before anything was done about it.

In the shower, the vent covering the extractor fan, had fallen out from the wall and concrete pieces were all over the floor. This had to be attended to by some cleaning staff.

Then the electronic lock on our room broke and we could not get into the room. Some gentleman from maintenance had to come and replace the batteries before we could get into the room.

We were also used to the appointment you had with a travel advisor downstairs, who always helped with planning daily activities, ordering and booking transport, booking excursions etc. Sadly, this seems to be another thing of the past.

When going out to the pool area, we immediately noticed that there are now far too few loungers, and that most had towels draped over them as placeholders for absent guests. In fact, there was nowhere for the two of us to sit together, although there were not many people at the pool area at that time.

This soon changed, as a group of extremely loud Indian men took over the kiddies pool and ruined the day for all the other people there. They made such a noise that most of the other guests left soon after, and no children could make use of the pool reserved for their exclusive use. The hotel security guard only appeared briefly, but instead of chasing them out the kiddies pool, he shook his head, said nothing and disappeared never to be seen again. This seemed to be part of a package tour, and we soon realised who the new target audience was at this hotel. Pity, as us regular tourists want some peace and quiet on our holidays and will find some alternative accommodation.

When we tried to escape the mayhem and go for a swim, we were treated to some loose pieces of concrete on the bottom of the pool, right where the built-in loungers are situated inside the water. This made for a very unpleasant situation and we soon got out of the water.

The very convenient poolside bar has now also gone, and in its place there are 4 shaded areas where you can lie out the sun. ( Of course, there are no loungers in there and you have to find an empty lounger from somewhere and drag it in there if you want to use this little shaded area.) Anyway, inside it there is a little bell where you can summon some bar service. I used it and payed an exorbitant amount for 2 luke-warm local beers.

These beers were brought out from the hotel bar area. So that afternoon we decided to make use of their "happy hour" offer and get 2 cocktails for the price of one. Great deal, except that the cocktails were so watered down, that they should actually have been mocktails - yet we paid for the alcoholic versions.

The next morning we went down to breakfast and were greeted by a crowd of very noisy Indian travellers, who shouted at each other the whole time. Peaceful breakfast spoilt right there. Then I could not find the bacon or eggs anywhere amongst the food set out as the breakfast buffet. Maybe a sign advising that there are extra dishes outside on the balcony, such as bacon and eggs, would rather help? Just a thought...

The sad part is that all the above-mentioned issues could have been prevented by some hands-on management. But for the first time in the 9 times we have stayed at this venue, we never saw a manager anywhere. We had become used to managers who introduced themselves to us and mingled with the guests, but this also seemed to be a thing of the past.

Accor, you have a fantastic asset here. It could be great again! But seriously consider who your target audience is. You will lose the family trade and the return guests if a few urgent changes are not made to your business model.

It breaks my heart, but after 9 visits, my family and I will not be back. Good luck for the future, and here's hoping you can get back to your former high standards.

Room tip: Get to the pool as early as possible to secure a lounger.
1  Thank jankirsten
Mercure Pattaya, General Manager at Mercure Pattaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2020

Warm greetings from Mercure Hotel Pattaya.

I am truly sorry for your less than positive experience at Mercure Pattaya and please accept my humble apologies for not living up to your expectations.

The service you received from my Front Office staff is certainly not of the levels of personal attentive service I expect from my team and I have already instructed my Front Office Manager to introduce extra training and mentoring to ensure our exacting standards of guest satisfaction are met at all times.

In regards to the noise from groups, I have instructed my Front Office Director to ensure a more efficient placement of rooms when Indian groups are in the house. Aside from that, we are considering extra security measures as well, such as extra guards on standby when these groups in house and the key card controlled floors to prevent easy access to all floors.

I am truly sorry to hear that our F&B services failed to live up to your expectations. Please rest assured that your feedback regarding the services and quality along with other inconveniences has been conveyed to our Food and Beverage Manager and our Executive Chef, who are currently taking the necessary actions in order to improve the F&B experience.

At Mercure Pattaya, we strive to provide a superior service experience to every guest and I am sorry as we did not achieve this during your stay. Your constructive comments are of immense value in providing a focus for improvement of Mercure Pattaya products and services. Thank you for giving us the opportunity of improving our services, your time invested in sharing your opinion is greatly appreciated.

I remain hopeful we will hear from you again and have a chance of hosting you again in order to provide the true Mercure Pattaya service.

Reviewed February 25, 2020

- Very good location centrally Pattaya
- Very nice staff, greeting you all the time
- Nice rooms, but a bit small, especailly bathrooms where you have to go outside just to change your mind......
- Reasonably priced
- Easy booking online
- Very nice pool area with massage/spa center.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Greetings from Mercure Pattaya Hotel!
Thank you for choosing Mercure Pattaya Hotel for your stay in Pattaya and also sharing your opinion towards our hotel.
I am overjoyed to hear that we have successes in meeting your expectations in most of the aspects of your stay. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope to exceed your expectations on your next stay

Mr. Khata Sinhaseni

Reviewed February 21, 2020 via mobile

I have tried again the hotel, hoping it would have changed.
I didn’t go for few years as, I saw lady from india well dressed in their style , going into the. Pool without having shower or changing into a swimming costume.
At breakfast same kind of style.
People from india standing by breakfast buffet and picking up with their hands food. One man hade a bite and then put it back. Always with finger.
Chinese groups which they fill up their dishes so much, they can have lunch and dinner too. But a lot stays there as they don’t like it.
This was the past.
Few friends told me they have changed and I tried once more.
Maybe. The Chinese groups are always there and on top there are indian parties in the pool , evening...
They have a buffet for indian outside, and things have changed a bit.
The Chinese are the same

The cleaning of rooms depends which person does it.
I had few issues, and nothing from the manager.
The only great value is in the old staff.
Old at lest 6 mounths in the hotel.
Reception
Always kind helpfull and with smile .perfect
Breakfast also very very kind and with a personal touch perfect
Bar. Also very efficient and very kind perfect.

The rest average.

I think the goal of the ownership is to get groups, fill it up and change quickly . The management probably look this side more.

Same as me , few other guests, looked other options around.
The hotels there have a sort of cartel, but there are also newer hotels or new apartments, much cheaper and better. So be wise.
Enjoy

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Massimo G

Allow me to thank you for sharing your thoughts of your recent stay at Mercure Pattaya Hotel
We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the noise from tourists. I assure you that we are in the process of fixing this problem. We are currently talking to tour guides who have contracts with us to brief their respective teams before they start travelling. We hope this solution works out in everybody’s favour. I have also discussed with our Room Division Manager the issue of certain group guest behaviours that you mentioned, and we have briefed the Front Desk team to improve their room allocation to avoid any disturbance to individual guests from now on.
I sincerely hope to have the chance of hosting you again in order to provide the true Mercure Pattaya service!
Thank you again for taking the time to voice your experience at our hotel.
Mr. Khata Sinhaseni

Reviewed February 18, 2020

Bit noisy, speakers blasting outside bar & we could hear in room on 4th floor. Plenty of Indians without manners staying & a lot did not use the tongs provided for food but, at least, they were fairly quiet compared to some other reviews. All staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms are looking a bit dated & in need of an upgrade. Location is fine & not too far to shopping centre, bars/restaurants and the beach.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
3  Thank TingleyLad

Warm Greetings from Mercure Pattaya Hotel!

May I begin by offering my most unreserved apologies regarding your recent stay with us. As an Accor property, we have an outstanding reputation for guest service and satisfaction to live up to and it is clearly apparent that we did not manage this during your time with us.

As Hotel Manager it is ultimately down to me to address any issues raised by our valued guests, therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to respond to your review.

I am truly sorry regarding the behaviour of Indian guests at breakfast. Despite talking to the tour guides to address them, and having placed signs for this, it seems to not be working. I have already spoken to the F&B manager, and we are planning to have separate areas for breakfast.
Once again, we apologize for all the inconvenience caused due to groups’ behavior. We are currently talking to tour guides who have contracts with us to brief their respective teams before they start travelling. We hope this solution works out in everybody’s favour. Your constructive comments are of immense value in providing a focus for the improvement of the hotel products and services. Thank you for giving us the opportunity of improving our services, your time invested in sharing your opinion is greatly appreciated. May I end by saying that despite your disappointment we would relish the chance to welcome you again to hopefully enjoy a true Mercure Pattaya stay.

Reviewed February 18, 2020 via mobile

Have stayed here throughput most of January and February.The hotel is in a fair location situated behind Avenue shopping mall on 2nd Road about 15 minutes to the beach and again the same time to Walking Street.

Rooms are quite large but do need upgrading with fridge,satellite tv with limited English channels,small bathroom with shower.

Staff in general are friendly and pleasant from reception to bell boys to room maids.There are a couple of restaurants in the ground floor plus small gym and massage services.

Large swimming pool but it’s becoming very dated with lots of pieces of floor broken and looks like it needs a good clean.One big negative is the number of people mostly retired Scandinavians who come and completely take over the sun beds all day placing clothes,books,shoes and anything else they can lay their hands on.Sometimes of the forty/fifty beds available only a handful are being used but the rest are unavailable due to the Scandinavians.I have seen a few small notices saying towels will be removed if not used for an hour.I hope this is actioned especially during high season but pool staff seem to do very little each day.

The biggest issue for me which has been highlighted on numerous reviews is the large bus loads of Indians that come for 3-4 day vacation.They think it’s fine to hold a conversation at the 3am in the morning without any due thought for any other hotel guests.The men are very childish in general shouting around the pool without any thought for other guests.I think the best way to address this is put the Indians on separate floors to other guests which is a shame as this leads to segregation but it’s the only way I can see the other guests having a peaceful nights sleep.

Overall I think if you solve the Indian noise issue and the Scandinavians taking over all the sun beds around the swimming pool and repair the pool itself it will be a decent place to stay.

3  Thank Ystradyfodwg

Warm Greetings from Mercure Pattaya Hotel!

As for the swimwear issue in the pool, I have discussed with the management to have a pool attendant, who is stern, available at all times in order to ensure this does not happen again. I have addressed the F&B and Front Office team to regularly monitor these incidents moving forward, so quick actions can be taken on the spot.

In regards to updating our booking pages online regarding our clientele, I will discuss this with the revenue and marketing team and see what we can do regarding this. Wherever we get the opportunity, we will be sure to update this market mix so our potential clients can make an informed decision before booking the hotel.

Once again, we apologize for all the inconvenience caused due to groups’ behaviour. We are currently talking to tour guides who have contracts with us to brief their respective teams before they start travelling. We hope this solution works out in everybody’s favour. Your constructive comments are of immense value in providing a focus for the improvement of the hotel products and services. Thank you for giving us the opportunity of improving our services, your time invested in sharing your opinion is greatly appreciated. May I end by saying that despite your disappointment we would relish the chance to welcome you again to hopefully enjoy a true Mercure Pattaya stay.