Lowest prices for your stay
Mercure
Priceline$32
Booking.com$32
travelup.com$35
1,631 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2020 via mobile

I have tried again the hotel, hoping it would have changed.
I didn’t go for few years as, I saw lady from india well dressed in their style , going into the. Pool without having shower or changing into a swimming costume.
At breakfast same kind of style.
People from india standing by breakfast buffet and picking up with their hands food. One man hade a bite and then put it back. Always with finger.
Chinese groups which they fill up their dishes so much, they can have lunch and dinner too. But a lot stays there as they don’t like it.
This was the past.
Few friends told me they have changed and I tried once more.
Maybe. The Chinese groups are always there and on top there are indian parties in the pool , evening...
They have a buffet for indian outside, and things have changed a bit.
The Chinese are the same

The cleaning of rooms depends which person does it.
I had few issues, and nothing from the manager.
The only great value is in the old staff.
Old at lest 6 mounths in the hotel.
Reception
Always kind helpfull and with smile .perfect
Breakfast also very very kind and with a personal touch perfect
Bar. Also very efficient and very kind perfect.

The rest average.

I think the goal of the ownership is to get groups, fill it up and change quickly . The management probably look this side more.

Same as me , few other guests, looked other options around.
The hotels there have a sort of cartel, but there are also newer hotels or new apartments, much cheaper and better. So be wise.
Enjoy

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Massimo G
Mercure Pattaya, General Manager at Mercure Pattaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2020

Allow me to thank you for sharing your thoughts of your recent stay at Mercure Pattaya Hotel
We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the noise from tourists. I assure you that we are in the process of fixing this problem. We are currently talking to tour guides who have contracts with us to brief their respective teams before they start travelling. We hope this solution works out in everybody’s favour. I have also discussed with our Room Division Manager the issue of certain group guest behaviours that you mentioned, and we have briefed the Front Desk team to improve their room allocation to avoid any disturbance to individual guests from now on.
I sincerely hope to have the chance of hosting you again in order to provide the true Mercure Pattaya service!
Thank you again for taking the time to voice your experience at our hotel.
Mr. Khata Sinhaseni

Reviewed February 18, 2020

Bit noisy, speakers blasting outside bar & we could hear in room on 4th floor. Plenty of Indians without manners staying & a lot did not use the tongs provided for food but, at least, they were fairly quiet compared to some other reviews. All staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms are looking a bit dated & in need of an upgrade. Location is fine & not too far to shopping centre, bars/restaurants and the beach.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
3  Thank TingleyLad

Warm Greetings from Mercure Pattaya Hotel!

May I begin by offering my most unreserved apologies regarding your recent stay with us. As an Accor property, we have an outstanding reputation for guest service and satisfaction to live up to and it is clearly apparent that we did not manage this during your time with us.

As Hotel Manager it is ultimately down to me to address any issues raised by our valued guests, therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to respond to your review.

I am truly sorry regarding the behaviour of Indian guests at breakfast. Despite talking to the tour guides to address them, and having placed signs for this, it seems to not be working. I have already spoken to the F&B manager, and we are planning to have separate areas for breakfast.
Once again, we apologize for all the inconvenience caused due to groups’ behavior. We are currently talking to tour guides who have contracts with us to brief their respective teams before they start travelling. We hope this solution works out in everybody’s favour. Your constructive comments are of immense value in providing a focus for the improvement of the hotel products and services. Thank you for giving us the opportunity of improving our services, your time invested in sharing your opinion is greatly appreciated. May I end by saying that despite your disappointment we would relish the chance to welcome you again to hopefully enjoy a true Mercure Pattaya stay.

Reviewed February 18, 2020 via mobile

Have stayed here throughput most of January and February.The hotel is in a fair location situated behind Avenue shopping mall on 2nd Road about 15 minutes to the beach and again the same time to Walking Street.

Rooms are quite large but do need upgrading with fridge,satellite tv with limited English channels,small bathroom with shower.

Staff in general are friendly and pleasant from reception to bell boys to room maids.There are a couple of restaurants in the ground floor plus small gym and massage services.

Large swimming pool but it’s becoming very dated with lots of pieces of floor broken and looks like it needs a good clean.One big negative is the number of people mostly retired Scandinavians who come and completely take over the sun beds all day placing clothes,books,shoes and anything else they can lay their hands on.Sometimes of the forty/fifty beds available only a handful are being used but the rest are unavailable due to the Scandinavians.I have seen a few small notices saying towels will be removed if not used for an hour.I hope this is actioned especially during high season but pool staff seem to do very little each day.

The biggest issue for me which has been highlighted on numerous reviews is the large bus loads of Indians that come for 3-4 day vacation.They think it’s fine to hold a conversation at the 3am in the morning without any due thought for any other hotel guests.The men are very childish in general shouting around the pool without any thought for other guests.I think the best way to address this is put the Indians on separate floors to other guests which is a shame as this leads to segregation but it’s the only way I can see the other guests having a peaceful nights sleep.

Overall I think if you solve the Indian noise issue and the Scandinavians taking over all the sun beds around the swimming pool and repair the pool itself it will be a decent place to stay.

3  Thank Ystradyfodwg

Warm Greetings from Mercure Pattaya Hotel!

As for the swimwear issue in the pool, I have discussed with the management to have a pool attendant, who is stern, available at all times in order to ensure this does not happen again. I have addressed the F&B and Front Office team to regularly monitor these incidents moving forward, so quick actions can be taken on the spot.

In regards to the noise from groups, I have instructed my Front Office Director to ensure a more efficient placement of rooms when Indian groups are in the house. Aside from that, we are considering extra security measures as well, such as extra guards on standby when these groups in house and the key card controlled floors to prevent easy access to all floors.
In regards to updating our booking pages online regarding our clientele, I will discuss this with the revenue and marketing team and see what we can do regarding this. Wherever we get the opportunity, we will be sure to update this market mix so our potential clients can make an informed decision before booking the hotel.

Once again, we apologize for all the inconvenience caused due to groups’ behaviour. We are currently talking to tour guides who have contracts with us to brief their respective teams before they start travelling. We hope this solution works out in everybody’s favour. Your constructive comments are of immense value in providing a focus for the improvement of the hotel products and services. Thank you for giving us the opportunity of improving our services, your time invested in sharing your opinion is greatly appreciated. May I end by saying that despite your disappointment we would relish the chance to welcome you again to hopefully enjoy a true Mercure Pattaya stay.

Reviewed February 16, 2020

I’ve stayed at this hotel maybe 25 times over the years and although it’s getting older, it’s still good bang for the bucks. It’s wonderfully located at the back of the avenue shopping centre on second rd, and walking distance to lk metro. The only pitfall is it’s now inundated with Indians from time to time who love to wash their clothes in the swimming pool. Other than that, it’s a good cheapie. I’m about to stay ten days again. Wouldn’t come back if it’s garbage. Good service. Love the boys at concierge and porters. Been there years and always happy.

Room tip: Love floor 7. Bigger rooms and away from the noise
Date of stay: January 2020
Mercure Pattaya, General Manager at Mercure Pattaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2020

Greetings from Mercure Pattaya Hotel!
Thank you for choosing Mercure Pattaya Hotel for your stay in Pattaya and also sharing your opinion towards our hotel.
I am overjoyed to hear that we have successes in meeting your expectations in most of the aspects of your stay. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope to exceed your expectations on your next stay

Mr. Khata Sinhaseni

Reviewed February 15, 2020 via mobile

I have one week here, and it is a nice stay.
Location is fine, you can get most of things u need at walking distance, laundry, massage, salon, supermarket, food, bar, cinema,.post office.

Parking lot is spacious. Wifi stable.
Housekeeper is great, but the room itself has a lot to improve, such as faucet, noise air, instable airflow, bedsheet is mildly stink (smell like it is not dry well).

The outdoor pool is great. The Aqua bar is fine, except a little :non-sense: promotion they offer.
Pizza a la carte for 200 bht, but promotion says buy-1get1free for 399 bht, Huh?!?
Then drink promotion Buy-1get1free drink, but when we want to order, some drinks not included.
If you would have exception, please state it clearly on the menu.

Well, the best part of staying here is my everyday breakfast.

I would like to thank "khun Nee" and "khun Jidapha (khun Yay)" who have an excellent service. Their lovely service mind and always smiling made my day.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank MollyMonchaya

Allow me to express my gratitude for sharing your thoughts on the experience you had at the Mercure Pattaya Hotel and for assessing our F&B services.

I am truly sorry to hear that our F&B services failed to live up to your expectations. Please rest assured that your feedback regarding the menu with other inconveniences has been conveyed to our Food and Beverage Manager and our Executive Chef, who are currently taking the necessary actions in order to improve the menu.

Your constructive comments are of immense value in providing a focus for the improvement of our F&B services. Thank you for giving us the opportunity of improving our services, your time invested in sharing your opinion is greatly appreciated.

I remain hopeful we will hear from you again and have a chance to welcome you in Pattaya in a not so distant future.